Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What is the best stuff to get in the store?

I have almost all the stuff packs, and all of the expansion packs, but one thing I never did was the store. What would you guys say is the best things the store has to offer?
Happy Simming!

Comments

• Options
    Stdlr9Stdlr9 Posts: 2,744 Member
    It depends on how you like to play. I love family interactions and like my Sims to all look different, so things like clothes, hairstyles, and baby toys are my faves. I don't buy a lot of things like furniture because I tend to be happy with the same things over and over as far as furnishings go. Happy Simming!
  • Options
    FrannyFranny Posts: 2,022 Member
    Everything. >:)
    TS3 Username: XxEquestrian95xX
    I became an
    "own the store" member on February 27, 2016. Thank you so much, everyone!

Do you enjoy saving SimPoints?
    If so, check out the following threads for more info
    : Free Kids Items - Animals Abound Cascade CascadesDaily Deals ( DD Spreadsheet )

NzEguYNjKIUMw.gif
  • Options
    Cabelle1863Cabelle1863 Posts: 2,251 Member
    Once you start, you'll want it all. :mrgreen: At first, I thought I'd get a few of the sets I liked & the worlds. Three months later and I almost own the store.
  • Options
    CharlottesmomCharlottesmom Posts: 7,015 Member
    edited November 2015
    Franny wrote: »
    Everything. >:)

I second this!!! I only discovered the store a couple months ago and have sunk hundreds $$ into stuff so far! I love the bakery, greenhouse all the baby room sets (though I havn't purchased most of those yet, waiting for DDs on them), clothes, and hair. It still don't do CC yet so the store is where I get all my non EP stuff. :0)

Edited for horrendous spelling....
    Post edited by Charlottesmom on
  • Options
    amaresityamaresity Posts: 319 Member
    I'm in the same boat. I got TS3 on launch and the EP's and most of the stuff packs when they came out but always left the store and the online aspect of it alone. At the moment I have stalked the Daily Deals rotation spreadsheet and written a list of the things that interest me the most (mainly venues) and when they go on their best sale and I'm using that as my starting point.
  • Options
    SphynxRulesSphynxRules Posts: 51 Member
    > @Cabelle1863 said:
    > Once you start, you'll want it all. :mrgreen: At first, I thought I'd get a few of the sets I liked & the worlds. Three months later and I almost own the store.

I've just started using the store and I know that I'll definitely eventually want it all, haha.

Anyways, my personal suggestion is to go for any worlds you really like. My playing style and enthusiasm definitely depend on the world that I'm playing in. For example, I bought the world bundle that you can find in stores a while ago. I LOVE Monte Vista and have played in it for god knows how many hours. Hidden Springs, on the other hand, is a total bore to me and I can't really bring myself to play it for too long.

Another thing I like about having more worlds is having the options to take rabbit holes and lots from one world and put them in another, so you can have a world that's closest to your aesthetic preference as possible.
  • Options
    CravenLestatCravenLestat Posts: 13,735 Member
    edited November 2015
    India inspirations is one of the best sets in my opinion.The hairs are really detailed and the clothing is beautiful.Was just on a thread before this telling a Simmer the Capris in that set are my most used pants. <3

http://store.thesims3.com/setsProductDetails.html?categoryId=&scategoryId=13501&index=0&productId=OFB-SIM3:49577&pcategoryId=12861&ppcategoryId=13499

The capris are the ones the girl in the 2nd pic are wearing on the store picture.So freaking cute with sooo many tops and changing them to any color even the detailing designs can be recolored on the legs and cuff.

My advice if you are a builder Roaring Heights world is great with architectural perks.My personal Favorite world is Lucky Palms..it is HUGE!!! tons of lots for creating your own custom version even more lots then Sunset Valley..I think it has 96 total lot spaces.And being the only Desert world makes it really stand out and is more beautiful then you may think.Also has unique plants and trees.And the sun rising and setting and the way light hits the sand cliffs etc simply breathtaking.No routing issues either !!! well made and programmed town.Easy to make this town look like Las Vegas since you own Late Night.Took me a few days but have a custom version to play from now on of LP and love it <3

A gondola venue I made in my LP

9aeb7446-801c-475f-adff-d0d6d1cf3f5a_zpshphmiruw.jpg
    I Play Sims 3 On A Potato

DfydFiZ.gif
  • Options
    CravenLestatCravenLestat Posts: 13,735 Member
    More ideas for Lucky Palm fans..

The building shells from ITF make great stores for LP.They also light up at night the entire!!! shells :love: giving it a vegas feel.I turned one into a fully functional furniture store and another into a eletronics store both fully functional you make purchases from them and can snag stuff on sale.

17854f45-1cdd-4177-b660-72802fa4213a_zpsntjmp8wt.jpg

Inside can click on any object and buy it..even better when you get the message 40 percent off for 24 hours

Screenshot-298_zpsj8m328xe.jpg

Screenshot-297_zpstvft2ln0.jpg

Even kitchen and bath sections..here is some of the kitchen section

Screenshot-296_zpsaautoxjh.jpg

The bot shop shell is amazing to use for a store.Mine is electronics TVs computers etc

d20885ec-131b-4d9b-946e-01256587e15a_zpsehwycuvz.jpg

Screenshot-321_zpsggd4b3pu.jpg

Screenshot-319_zpsydhubflv.jpg

Screenshot-315_zpszgpi73yw.jpg

Screenshot-314_zpsrnqukr7l.jpg

I Play Sims 3 On A Potato

DfydFiZ.gif
  • Options
    Stary_Cloud12Stary_Cloud12 Posts: 6 New Member
    I reccomend hair!
    The base game doesn't have much selection or very good hair.
    I'm fine with the clothing, and build/buy stuff.
    I also like to have a variety of worlds.
  • Options
    Martje89Martje89 Posts: 938 Member
    I agree with @Franny, @Cabelle1863 and @Charlottesmom! Once you start, you want to have everything. I started with the items and sets that I liked the most, but now I just want to have it all.

And those are great ideas @CravenLestat. I don't own Lucky Palms yet, but the way you described it increased my interest even more :)