Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Get Together Giveaway- And the winner Is....

Comments

• Options
    lmkiturelmkiture Posts: 1,206 Member
  • Options
    SeaDragonSongSeaDragonSong Posts: 2,324 Member
    edited November 2015
    lmkiture wrote: »
    Handsome sim there @SeaDragonSong :)

Bob will greatly appreciate that comment ;)

But thanks :)
    Story_Banner.png
    Twists In Time And Space (Updated December 2nd 2018. New discord server!)
    Bob Bobson (Updated August 12th 2019)
  • Options
    LunaNovaLunaNova Posts: 1,239 Member
    edited November 2015
    @pottergoose
    @dadnboy
    @Scobre
    @fullspiral
    @DaniellaTim1
    @JCsS1MS
    @fabeme
    @XSimMimX
    @deadncrispy
    @simsjammy
    @Sims3And4AreFabb
    @Simslover163
    @UniSims
    @kati77
    @SimFan298
    @Linamints
    @cmbaker16
    @Lordredzzz
    @SimmerSparklezzz
    @PrincesNana
    @Kelly_Blake
    @xovalee
    @MsPrissy88
    @ckimmel8642
    @SparkleSims0986
    @Klassickicks22
    @Cinebar
    @XElladoraX
    @clare74
    @AlisonCuteSims
    @likesaree
    @Pandia101
    @SeaDragonSong

Right now i've finally managed to round up everyones name I'm going to answer a question I have received allot in the last couple of days!

People are wanting to know how I plan to gift the game code to the winner! I'll be doing this via a redeemable code that you can type into origin and the game will appear in your library Please see here for how to do this.

Questions have been asked about the game being able to be unlocked if someone is in a different country to me. I have done extensive research into whether this is possible and every answer I've got is yes. If you are in a different country to me it shouldn't matter.

Here are a list of notable sites that state games on origin are not infact region locked!
    Here is article that states origin games are not region locked
    Here is an answer from an EA member stating that games arn't region locked
    I have also personally asked on this forum (in the past) and the EA forums about games being region locked. All have turned up answers saying the sims 4 game codes are not region locked. If you win and we encounter issues with unlocking the game, which seems unlikely, I am more than happy to purchase a game through an online retailer in your country using paypal or sending you the money via paypal to purchase the game yourself.

I have purchased a copy of get to work for a friend in a different country from a site in my home country and she was able to redeem the code I sent her, so I'm fairly confident that no issues should be encountered this way. Please PM me with any questions you have about this!

EDIT: I'm also going to add a discussion @XElladoraX took part in back in 2014 where she asked a similar question and someone who lived in Canada bought a copy through a UK site and it worked.
    tumblr_ox7j4tmNjd1wqkiw6o1_1280.png
    //Sims Tumblr Here-MoonPhase Simblr//Berry Sims Here- MoonBerry Sims//
    Let me make you a cute forum avatar [Closed right noww!! will re-open closer to cats and dogs!] //
  • Options
    MsPrissy88MsPrissy88 Posts: 3,122 Member
    edited November 2015
    Hey @Luna? I just happened to think of something that might want (or need) to be addressed. Ok - I read the article of HOW to redeem the code, but(!) wouldn't that mean that both YOU and the winner will have the same code?? If yes, HOW EXACTLY will **that** work?? I always thought that each game had their own unique code to make it work on their own system.
    Origin ID -- MsPrissySim

My Twitch Channel

YouTube
  • Options
    shelbydog13shelbydog13 Posts: 16 New Member
    1. Tell me why you love playing the sims 4!
    It lets me get away and simply have fun for a while. I'm usually doing one thing or another after school, but when I get the chance to play, it's wonderful. I love to show my creativity, and be able to "plan a life", in a way.
    2. Tell me what part of get together your most excited about.
    Ohhh, the different clubs by far! They seem awesome, being able to have your sim find other sims like them.
    3. Post a picture of your favourite sims 4 sim and tell me why you like them. (even link the gallery so I can put them in my game!)
    I don't think I can add an image since I am apparently a new member (even though I'm not really), but my favorite sim is a woman named Giselle. She has bright blue hair, and isn't afraid to show her crazy personality.

Thank you :)
  • Options
    EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    edited November 2015
    MsPrissy88 wrote: »
    Hey @Luna? I just happened to think of something that might want (or need) to be addressed. Ok - I read the article of HOW to redeem the code, but(!) wouldn't that mean that both YOU and the winner will have the same code?? If yes, HOW EXACTLY will **that** work?? I always thought that each game had their own unique code to make it work on their own system.

If she is buying a box with the code or disk, she will have a different code in each box (one for her, one for winner). If she is ordering from an online key site (other than Origin) again, it will be 2 different keys. She just has to order/buy somewhere other than Origin for the prize copy, and then private message/email the key to the winner to redeem through Origin.
  • Options
    stephAnie1864stephAnie1864 Posts: 200 Member

The worlds are just gorgeous and it’s so much fun to explore all the neighbourhoods. The graphics are great and I love the multitasking. Create-A-Sim is just amazing, I love how much detail you can go into when creating your sim.

I’m really excited about the Von Haunt Estate, it looks so beautiful. And the maze looks like it would be a lot of fun for your Sims, the clubs/groups will be great too!

3. Post a picture of your favourite sims 4 sim and tell me why you like them. (even link the gallery so I can put them in my game!)

This is Nora. She is my favourite sim in the game because she is the very first sim that I created in Sims 4.

iz3o8n.jpg
    2s0o3fr.jpg

Nora loves listening to music, reading/writing and painting. The perfectionist in her is never happy unless she creates a masterpiece and with her creative trait it’s not terribly difficult to achieve.
    During the week Nora is busy writing to become a “Creator of Worlds”. On top of all of that she is currently looking for someone to start a family with but hasn’t been successful yet. Maybe Nora’s soulmate is living in Windenburg……..
  • Options
    Nipx351Nipx351 Posts: 191 Member
    I never played The Sims until The Sims 4 came out. I have always been a RPG and flight sim guy. I have a nightly ritual that I browse YouTube and it's funny how one video leads you to another. I landed up on a Sims video, not sure what version it was, but it seemed interesting, so I preordered it. I thought the deep expressionistic representation of the Sims emotions was so funny, especially their reactions/facial expressions. I didn't know you could turn off aging and sadly, when going to check the mail my (then) main Sim passed away on the front lawn. That was when I realized how attached I was to my Sims. I was really, REALLY bummed. I love that you can just continue your legacy and keep the same house, if you wanted. Just a ton of fun.

I try to play with in-game relatives from my initial two Sims. They are a married couple that have had six children, then play through their children and all of them are all over my maps in their own residences. I love seeing them show up at events or seeing them randomly on my or other maps. It seems Get Together has gone to a whole new level on Getting Sims Together, such as the group actions to which I cannot wait for. Not to mention any clothing or item. I'm hoping other bells and whistles get added that are not documented, I just love finding things.

3. Post a picture of your favorite sims 4 sim and tell me why you like them. (even link the gallery so I can put them in my game!)
    I would say my favorites are Damon & Melody Wolfe. I have played them almost entirely from day one. There is something about them, their specific relationships, especially Melody always seems to find Damon around their huge lot and just likes to be near him, it's really cute.
    07-21-15_5-02nbspPM-3%20-%20Copy_zpscsl3kcrn.png
    -- Melody thanking Damon for her new media room.

The young adults Wolfe's are already available for download, Search for Wolfe, author is eparisek.
  • Options
    synthsynth Posts: 407 Member
    LunaNova wrote: »
    Right now i've finally managed to round up everyones name I'm going to answer a question I have received allot in the last couple of days![/url]

thanks for addressing these things, i was wondering how overseas would work!
    buy artpop on itunes
  • Options
    LinamintsLinamints Posts: 952 Member
    So many great sims! I wish everyone the best of luck.
    @imkiture Thank you very much! (Sorry it took so long to get back to you, I thought I had replied before!)
    @LunaNova Thank you for giving everyone this opportunity. :)
    "Parenting is just like gardening, except if you let your garden die you don't go to prison." - Anna Blast
  • Options
    LunaNovaLunaNova Posts: 1,239 Member
    edited November 2015
    @MsPrissy88 Nope i'd be buying two copies of the game! @EmmaVane is correct. I have already pre-ordered a copy for myself, so whoever wins will be getting there own copy to be redeemed via origin!

You don;t ever get a code from origin. It just loads straight into the library once you buy it! Where as if you buy a digital copy from a place like amazon, best buy or game they e-mail you the code that puts the game into your library! I almost always buy through a reputable retailer rather than origin since its often cheaper. Game codes are usally sent to you before the day of release, and usually a few days before you can preload the game on origin!
    tumblr_ox7j4tmNjd1wqkiw6o1_1280.png
    //Sims Tumblr Here-MoonPhase Simblr//Berry Sims Here- MoonBerry Sims//
    Let me make you a cute forum avatar [Closed right noww!! will re-open closer to cats and dogs!] //
  • Options
    SimFan298SimFan298 Posts: 1,079 Member
    My name was up there. Does that mean I'm a contender?
    Origin ID: theAidster21

The Sims has always been an important part of my life, and may it continue to be so! Long live Sims!

[Due to some kind of glitch, I am unable to insert photos into my signature for some reason.]
  • Options
    MsPrissy88MsPrissy88 Posts: 3,122 Member
    EmmaVane wrote: »
    MsPrissy88 wrote: »

If she is buying a box with the code or disk, she will have a different code in each box (one for her, one for winner). If she is ordering from an online key site (other than Origin) again, it will be 2 different keys. She just has to order/buy somewhere other than Origin for the prize copy, and then private message/email the key to the winner to redeem through Origin.

Ahhhh - thanks hon!!

And @Luna! I **just** saw your reply as well.

Origin ID -- MsPrissySim

My Twitch Channel

YouTube
  • Options
    s1mszzangs1mszzang Posts: 797 Member
    you are really sweet! and good luck to everyoneddj4LBM.png
  • Options
    BOYBOY Posts: 540 Member
    first - this is very generous of you! thank you for the opportunity. :blush:

1. i love the art style and that they brought back the silly aspect from the Sims 2. and of course CAS is awesome! plus it runs so much better than the Sims 3, i barely look back.

2. WINDENBURG! the new world is absolutely stunning! the old town and the inner city... i can't wait to play there eventually. the Von Haunt estate is also gorgeous, plus i love having my sims garden, and the garden chateau is just beautiful. CAS items look pretty nice as well!

3. a favorite of mine: Leda Andromeda
    QvR255R.png
    f7Qd1oQ.png
    she isn't exactly how i'd like her yet. i plan to make an alien and have this sim be her disguise, but i don't have GTW yet, so. maybe just pretend she's an alien for this post, lol... she's cheerful, a slob, and a genius. she's quirky and always happy, but kinda gross sometimes. she isn't always sure what is appropriate and what isn't. those fart animations slobs have were a funny surprise! i thought the Leia hair was a nice nod to you know.. being from space. and i wanted the "disguise" to look pretty and put together, and maybe have her alien self be a little sloppier.

https://thesims.com/en_GB/gallery/76872B65933111E5847267DEF2F8FAF8?category=all&searchtype=item_name&sortby=downloads&time=all&searchquery=leda&max=50&maxis=false
    Fairies & real Plantsims please!
  • Options
    TrashmagicTrashmagic Posts: 977 Member
    Sweet!
    - I enjoy Sims 4 the most when I'm in CAS. I love creating really diverse Sims and thinking of backstories as I do so. I think I spend more time creating Sims than I do actually playing them.

- Hmm I love the world. Right now I feel like my Sims don't have much to do in the activities department. I like the idea of dance clubs, cafes and a public pool being new places I could take my sims.

3. Post a picture of your favourite sims 4 sim and tell me why you like them.
    -My Favorite? Gah! Hmmm. Probably this big guy. Trevor. I created him a few nights ago and fell in love. Currently am working on a story for him. I'd love if a group of skaters was possible who'd skate around town because he'd totally be in it. I like him because he's the type of sim I'd chill with.

suAndui.png
    (sorry the pictures sooo big)

On a final note thanks for this. & Good luck to everyone.
  • Options
    TheEmeraldDrakeTheEmeraldDrake Posts: 9 New Member
    1: Tell me why you love playing TS4:

As a builder, I bought The Sims 4 expecting to see loads of building content and was not disappointed. Although create-a-style was removed, I still think the massive increase in FPS was worth it. The Sims 4 also works as kind of a therapeutic game for me, calming myself down and helping with anxiety. Overall, TS4 is a great way to express my creativity, and I'd love to get my hands on this new expansion pack!

2: Tell me what part of Get Together you're most excited about:

I love the build mode content I've seen in Get Together, especially the new timber-frame walls and plants. I'm also excited to see the new Cafe in action.

3: Post an image of your favorite sim and tell me why you like him/her:

My favorite sim is most likely Ivan Windscar, an outdoors-loving hermit I created. I'm apparently a "new member", so I can't post any links or pictures of him, but you can find him on the TS4 gallery (my username is TheEmeraldDrake). Remember to include custom content, 'cause he does have a bit of cc.
  • Options
    Cookingpup99Cookingpup99 Posts: 443 Member
    First of, before anything, I think you're really lovely for doing this and good luck to everyone :)

1. I love playing The Sims 4 because I love the graphics and emotion system. I also like playing The Sims 4 because I can control my sims lives and make them happy ones as unfortunately my life hasn't been the greatest... I like creating stories so it's always fun to start a blog story although I haven't yet finished one LoL.
    2. Ever since I heard about the release of Get Together, I've really wanted it. I love the idea of making clubs, I can't wait to make loads of different groups with different traits and start designing club houses. I think the new world looks beautiful and I can see it being really neighborly.
    3. This is my favourite sim. He's, at the moment, got two sons, a child and a baby, and possibly a third on the way with his mate Nayeli, however I have no doubt there will be more on the way. I love him because he reminds me of Roshan's dad in Ice Age. His eldest son looks a little like Roshan too. All being well, he will be the ancestor of many generations to come, hopefully I'll still be able to see him in the last generation. He's a Slob, Glutton and Loves The Outdoors, and even though he is a messy eater and doesn't mind getting dirty, he still looks handsome to me. He's such a loving dad and mate and yeah I just love him because he is such a lovable sim. (I'm so soppy about my sims XD) (Oh and also he's my sim for the History Challenge, which is why he's topless and covered in dirt in the last picture LoL)

11-24-15_7-30-54c2a0pm.png
    11-24-15_7-37-22c2a0pm.png
    11-25-15_5-19-48c2a0pm.png

• Options
    huskylove210huskylove210 Posts: 447 Member
    1. I love the sims 4 because you can always jump in and play, and if you get bored... make a new family! I like it more than the other sims games, it just seems so... PERFECT!
    2. The clothes and hair... HAVE YOU SEEN THE DIP-DYED HAIR? :love::love:
    3. l2YJ8Xn.png

Amanda Spring has been my favorite sim since I made her. She is the founder of the 100 baby challenge. Not only has she wooed 41 men, she loves her kids and would do anything for them. I have played this household for almost a year :open_mouth: and still is obsessed! Not only has she killed the pizza-woman because she left our pizza out side for the ants to enjoy, she is younger than her kids who are elders :# plus, look at her offspring:
    lZwNfyg.png
    anigif_enhanced-23112-1413395667-10.gif

• Options
    pottergoosepottergoose Posts: 1,543 Member
    As the first entry in this contest, let me be the one to belt out ONE DAYYYYYY MORRRREEEEE
    I'm the one who gripped you tight and raised you from perdition
  • Options
    huskylove210huskylove210 Posts: 447 Member
    As the first entry in this contest, let me be the one to belt out ONE DAYYYYYY MORRRREEEEE

i entered right on time, lol
    anigif_enhanced-23112-1413395667-10.gif

• Options
    lmkiturelmkiture Posts: 1,206 Member
    edited November 2015

i entered right on time, lol
    Good Luck!!! :smiley:
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,632 Member
    kit wrote: »
    first - this is very generous of you! thank you for the opportunity. :blush:

1. i love the art style and that they brought back the silly aspect from the Sims 2. and of course CAS is awesome! plus it runs so much better than the Sims 3, i barely look back.

2. WINDENBURG! the new world is absolutely stunning! the old town and the inner city... i can't wait to play there eventually. the Von Haunt estate is also gorgeous, plus i love having my sims garden, and the garden chateau is just beautiful. CAS items look pretty nice as well!

3. a favorite of mine: Leda Andromeda
    QvR255R.png
    f7Qd1oQ.png
    she isn't exactly how i'd like her yet. i plan to make an alien and have this sim be her disguise, but i don't have GTW yet, so. maybe just pretend she's an alien for this post, lol... she's cheerful, a slob, and a genius. she's quirky and always happy, but kinda gross sometimes. she isn't always sure what is appropriate and what isn't. those fart animations slobs have were a funny surprise! i thought the Leia hair was a nice nod to you know.. being from space. and i wanted the "disguise" to look pretty and put together, and maybe have her alien self be a little sloppier.

https://thesims.com/en_GB/gallery/76872B65933111E5847267DEF2F8FAF8?category=all&searchtype=item_name&sortby=downloads&time=all&searchquery=leda&max=50&maxis=false

Just as an FYI? You can't convert an existing Sim to an Alien in CAS. You have to start the Sim as an Alien in CAS, then take them to Live Play to plan a disguise there. (Like planning outfits but it includes full CAS options.) My advice having done this a lot: Go into CAS with the glorious Leda Andromeda, and take notes on how she's made, or take lots of closeup screenshots. You'll be doing it over from scratch.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    Klassickicks22Klassickicks22 Posts: 179 Member
    Good luck everybody!!! ;)
  • Options
    fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    When will the winner be announced?
    goodl.gif