The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Is it hard to go back to TS3 or TS2?

I'm disappointed because The Sims 4 game is one of my absolute favorites. They multi-tasking and smoothness of the game is amazing. The downfall, however, is that there's really not much to do, especially for a legacy player like myself. I've not been able to get through a Legacy because I get severely bored.

I miss the fullness of all the EPs. I tried to play TS2 with all EPs and SPs, but the graphics and very limited variations of stuff bugs me. Especially those ugly double beds. I realize there's CC for this, but when I try to put it in my game, it messes with everything and makes me unable to have 2 sims woohoo.

I went to TS3 today, and it was kind of nice. The CAS was boring and bland and disappointed me, especially with how lagged it is. My computer exceeds TS3 requirements and all my settings automatically were set as high as they could go because my computer can handle it.

I built a house and 2 sims and was about to start a legacy, I enjoyed the random designs you could put on most things, but then they sat down to eat or on the computer and it's so weird how they never talk unless you MAKE them talk, it doesn't feel like a real household.

TS4 is definately my favorite to play, but with how slow the EPs and SPs are coming out, I feel like it's going to take at least 3 more years until it feels like a "full" game with my favorite EPs like University and Generations. I want to try to go back to have a "full" game, but I find myself missing how up to date and almost advanced the base game of 4 is compared to all the other games with all EPs and SPs of 3 and 2, but still so .. lacking in something?

Comments

• Options
    Haids5987Haids5987 Posts: 8,465 Member
    I had a really difficult time going back to TS2 after TS3. I still enjoy it, but there were so many freedoms in TS3 that TS2 didn't have, so it made it hard for me to go back. Loading screens vs. the open neighborhood were huge for me, for example.
    signature2.png?ssl=1&w=450
    **Also known as EmeraldCityTaurus***
  • Options
    husseinandalihusseinandali Posts: 2,622 Member
    edited November 2015
    i cant play without multitasking anymore so i cant leave sims 4 and yea i wish there is a tme machine so i go to the future get full sims 4 and get back the present and enjoy every possoibelty
    yondu-guardians1.jpg
    over here i post my cc
    new: https://simsworkshop.net/members/g1g2.1032/
    old: modthesims.info/m/8847624
    you may know me as g1g2

• Options
    AmiutzaAmiutza Posts: 1,796 Member
    I can't go back. I recently bought Sims 3 and some packs and in 6 months I have 10 hours played. I just can't deal with that game and I so wish i did, just so I could take advantage of those years of content. The only thing i can do is wait, and man I wish eps and gps were closer together!
    hhHD2XB.png
    My tumblr - A world of clutter and color
  • Options
    HalloMolliHalloMolli Posts: 2,720 Member
    I found myself playing more TS4 lately although I really wanted to rotate between both games (TS4 and TS3 that is). I know what you mean and as soon as GT is out and they announce an University EP the time will come where TS3 and me will go separate ways.
    "[...] and everything will be okay in the end. If it's not okay, then it's not the end."

• Options
    Anemone7Anemone7 Posts: 3,950 Member
    It's actually pretty hard for me to go back to TS3. I tried several times, but I just don't like the look or the UI anymore. I still think it is the superior game feature-wise and I'm mad at TS4 for making me like its look lol
    I have started playing TS1 again and I sometimes play TS2 on my laptop, though. Those just feel like classics.
  • Options
    mizztourettesmizztourettes Posts: 19 New Member
    What's so disappointing is having Will Wright and his big nose sellout to EA why Will, WHYYYY! Huh! Tell me something you stinky stunk! come on say something! --- Does Will Wright ever reply to these threads? I hope he sees this for being a sellout! He looks as ugly as that monkey on those Nintendo games, what's his name! Donkey Kong lover!
  • Options
    mizztourettesmizztourettes Posts: 19 New Member
    I still play TS1, TS2, and TS3 too bad TS1 looks like dolls, TS2 just looks ugly as a rotted potato sprout, and TS3 looks purely like monkeys, and TS4 looks like daggon play dough!
  • Options
    SkobeeSkobee Posts: 2,864 Member
    edited November 2015
    I can't go back either aswell, i've tried though! A lot of times actually, but Sims 4 really does it for me and it's easily my fav game now. The smoothness and multi-tasking really made sure I couldn't enjoy the other games as much as I used to, things easily annoy me now (when the game lags or when I can easily build a house, Sims 4 really changed that).

I think I mostly go back to Sims 2 for the memories and I go back to Sims 3 for customization, but that's it and since Sims 4 is becoming bigger (pack wise and update wise) it's very entertaining for me, so I don't see the use in going back. I applaud people who can go back to the previous games! Sims 2 was always my fav and it still is, but slowly Sims 4 is taking that spot more me.
    Origin ID - RosyAngelina
  • Options
    FelicityFelicity Posts: 4,979 Member
    I had no difficulty at all going back to TS3. My only regret was that Maxis left it in such a buggy state so many people who don't like mods (or miss some of the better ones that do small but important fixes) can't see just how amazing a game it actually is.
  • Options
    ShayysShayys Posts: 70 Member
    Haids5987 wrote: »
    I had a really difficult time going back to TS2 after TS3. I still enjoy it, but there were so many freedoms in TS3 that TS2 didn't have, so it made it hard for me to go back. Loading screens vs. the open neighborhood were huge for me, for example.

The Sims 2 was so hard for me to go back to because of the time speeds and motive decays. I feel like the motive decays are very hard (read a thread on this recently, too) and go down wayyy too fast. My sims would have to eat around 3 times a day which is normal in the real world but seems weird in the sims. Also, a pregnant woman would have to eat around 4 times a day just to stay in the green motive. Again, there are mods for this, but for some reason my mods end up breaking the game.

I loved the open world of TS3, but now that I guess i've been "spoiled" with multitasking, it seems bland?
    i cant play without multitasking anymore so i cant leave sims 4 and yea i wish there is a tme machine so i go to the future get full sims 4 and get back the present and enjoy every possoibelty

Like I said, we've been spoiled with the multitasking so the other games it feels different. Before we had this, we were used to it, but now I can't go back to that. Another reason TS4 bores me so much is because of the complete LACK of mods. NRAAS mods were my absolute favorite and made the game come alive to me. TS4 barely has any mods, and even the ones I have and the CC, the new updates every month never fail to break something so I have to always be searching for the broken mod or waiting for an update.

Take the "Full House Mod" by twistedmexi. One of my best friends lived by this mod, because he did reality TV show stuff. Now, he won't play TS4 until/unless the mod is updated and there's a very slim chance of that happening.
  • Options
    CrackFoxCrackFox Posts: 1,507 Member
    It's a bit harder to appreciate the Sims 2 in regards to the way it looks. The Sims look noticably bad compared to 4 and so does the view of the world from lots. Aside from that playing the Sims 2 is as much a delight as ever, maybe moreso when you can appreciate the things 2 has which 4 doesn't.

I've never had much time for 3. The way everything looks really annoys me. Especially the Sims themselves so I have no intention of going back to 3.
  • Options
    Haids5987Haids5987 Posts: 8,465 Member
    Shayys wrote: »
    Also, a pregnant woman would have to eat around 4 times a day just to stay in the green motive.
    Oh honey, welcome to pregnant women! :smiley:

But I see what you mean. It was harder to keep those Sims happy, but then again there was always the maxmotives and motivedecay off cheats. (I actually forgot about those until just now! :tongue: ) But I feel like their fun motive was easier to keep under control. But TS2 was SUCH a difference from TS1 that it was happy work. TS2 was my favorite sequel. :)

signature2.png?ssl=1&w=450
    **Also known as EmeraldCityTaurus***
  • Options
    I think that if TS4 is your favorite of all the iterations, trying to go back won't work. Just hang in there and be patient, I guess.

For me, it was easy to go back. TS4 bores me after an hour or two. I play TS3 for days, weeks, months, years without getting bored.

None of the games are perfect. Just pick the one you like and don't look back.

I guess so. Like I said earlier though, i'm so disappointed with the lack of mods. The game has been out about a year and has barely any mods and the new updates ALWAYS break them. I wish we had a NRAAS story progression.

I've seen something similar on MTS, but it just doesn't feel the same.

• Options
    Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,590 Member
    edited November 2015
    AND the Energizers- and a good bed, and the fruit/veggies from the garden. So many ways to make them happy. . . Take them on a date and fulfill some wants to have a Dream date will boost their needs. (TS2 motives)
  • Options
    AmiutzaAmiutza Posts: 1,796 Member
    @Shayys you can tell your friend someone else remade that mod :)

Here you go: http://harmonysimsblr.tumblr.com/post/131435746373/mod-larger-household
    hhHD2XB.png
    My tumblr - A world of clutter and color
  • Options
    CrackFox wrote: »
    It's a bit harder to appreciate the Sims 2 in regards to the way it looks. The Sims look noticably bad compared to 4 and so does the view of the world from lots. Aside from that playing the Sims 2 is as much a delight as ever, maybe moreso when you can appreciate the things 2 has which 4 doesn't.

I've never had much time for 3. The way everything looks really annoys me. Especially the Sims themselves so I have no intention of going back to 3.

Yes, exactly! I don't like how things look but I love the interactions, how sims can get depressed, especially college in TS2, it was one of my favorites. lmao. But it's just difficult to get back into. Especially with no CC. I just feel like it's a hassle to figure out what CC is bugging my game. I took out all important mods (script mods and such, not clothing or hair CC) and it's still buggy. :(
  • Options
    EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,375 Member
    I remember it took me a long time to warm up to Sims 2 and only fell in love with it after OfB. Only then it could really compete with a fully upgraded original sims. And when I went back from Sims 3 to Sims 2 (because I wanted seasons and pets, but my computer let alone wallet couldn´t handle any more EPs) I wondered how I could ever have left that game in the first place.

I´m no longer interested in Sims 1 or 3, but I play Sims 2 and 4 both. Yes, I miss a lot of things when playing Sims 2: the "go there together" command, being able to simply delete table chatter from the queque during group meals, the ease of transfering sims between households, the way outfits are set up, the whole build mode, seperate friendship/romance bars, all the collectables and tons of other small things. But not to the point where I couldn´t play the old game anymore.
    Currently playing: Castaway Challenge
  • Options
    jsnjsn Posts: 624 Member
    I'm in the same boat as you op

I try to play sims 2 every once in a while since i got the full collection for free last year, but it just feels.....tedious maybe?

And I play sims 3 a lot more often after I got some issues with it worked out, but even though there's a lot to do, the sims in it feel odd to me. They're so quiet and barely talk to each other, or at least it seems that way since I'm so used to the sims in 4 always striking up random conversations. They don't feel as connected to each other??
    Idk, I do like playing 3 even though some things like that bother me a little now

tumblr_ntxblj8QDK1s6z4zdo2_250.gif
  • Options
    Amiutza wrote: »
    @Shayys you can tell your friend someone else remade that mod :)

Here you go: http://harmonysimsblr.tumblr.com/post/131435746373/mod-larger-household

Yeah, I've shown him that. The problem he says is that there's no cheat to add someone into the household. You have to wait for them to walk by your primary household to add them into your household, and playing reality TV show games, it just doesn't work out because they get in later - they dont get to socialize, it puts them at a disadvantage and sometimes they might not even walk by.
  • Options
    icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,790 Member
    I never got tired of TS2 and TS3. During TS3's peak, I still occasionally went back to TS2 because it was still fun in its own way. Same with TS3. I'm not playing TS4 right now, so I usually get my simming fix from TS2 and TS3.
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • Options
    friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,572 Member
    for me sims2 do not touch it offan much prefer the sims4
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • Options
    jsn wrote: »
    I'm in the same boat as you op

I try to play sims 2 every once in a while since i got the full collection for free last year, but it just feels.....tedious maybe?

And I play sims 3 a lot more often after I got some issues with it worked out, but even though there's a lot to do, the sims in it feel odd to me. They're so quiet and barely talk to each other, or at least it seems that way since I'm so used to the sims in 4 always striking up random conversations. They don't feel as connected to each other??
    Idk, I do like playing 3 even though some things like that bother me a little now

yes! I wish people would come out with more mods to make 4 even more alive. I check MTS all the time to try to get some new gameplay mods in my game, but it's bare there. I mean, really, really bare. I feel like modders gave up because they constantly have to redesign them based on EAs updates every month. :(