Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

New Buttons?

Hi fellow Simmers and Gurus. In my welcome post @rosemow gave me some very kind and helpful advice and I wanted to thank her. I did this by actually thanking her but I also thought maybe it would be nice if there was a "Thank You" button so that you can not only mark the persons post "Thank You" but you can also thank them personally as well :)
I also thought maybe we could do with a "Creative" button so that we can mark Simmers posts as creative as well. When I saw the insightful button I thought both a Thank You and Creative button would go well with it as well =)

Comments

• Options
    AmazingamphyAmazingamphy Posts: 1,733 Member
    We need the buttons they took from us back before we get more positive reactions.
    HmypxT0.png
    Gone from this place and never coming back. P5 is good
  • Options
    SennieSennie Posts: 2,708 Member
    What buttons were taken? @Amazingamphy ? By the way I love your avatar. Awesome! =)
  • Options
    lisasc360lisasc360 Posts: 19,288 Member
    Sennie wrote: »
    What buttons were taken? @Amazingamphy ? By the way I love your avatar. Awesome! =)

They were the disagree and lol buttons. They were taken away because some people felt like they were being bullied because they would get too many disagrees and/or lol. People were getting the lol's on serious posts such as when they anounce a death of a loved one or over having an illness. Then some people were getting disagrees on posts that weren't opinions as they were either posts made to thank someone for their help or helpful threads. So those people felt like someone didn't like them and was going around to their losts just to either hit disagree or lol.
  • Options
    I'm sorry that happened to some people :( that's terrible! No wonder they removed the buttons. There are some really cruel people out there. Thanks for the reply though @lisasc360 =)
  • Options
    You're welcome @Sennie... :)

Yeah it is a shame that it happened. So the Guru's decided it was best to remove them as some people felt offended by having those buttons instead of trying to do something with the disagree/lol trolls. Then there are some people that would rather see all of the buttons go and then we don't have to worry about them or anyone abusing them. And since the disagree/lol is gone, some people have been using the insightful and awesome as the "New" disagree/lol button as some of them announced that it's what they are going to do or that they were going to change it up and use any of the remaining buttons as disagree/lol.

There is a lot of people who want the buttons back and some of them want it to where we can see who hit what button. But SimGuruDrake has already said that they will never allow the members to see who hit what as it will just cause more problems. Back when this forum first started up last year in August there was a glitch on different internet browsers but not all of them that allowed the person/s to be able to see who hit what button. And since there were people who could see who hit what, some of those people who couldn't handle getting disagreed with would then take action such as calling out that person either in the thread, on that person's wall or through PM's asking why they thought that their post/s needed a disagree. I know this happened as it happened to me with someone who didn't like that I disagreed with a post of theirs on this one thread, so they attacked me on my wall and then sent me a PM telling me that if I remove the disagrees from their posts from that thread that they would remove the ones that they gave me. But I didn't listen to that person as I felt that their posts did deserve to be disagreed with.

This link here is someone asking if the insightful has become the new disagree button.
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/858797/has-the-insightful-become-the-new-disagree/p1

There is an 80+ page thread somewhere in this section about the loss of the disagree/lol buttons where people were discussing why the buttons are gone, some people telling the ones that couldn't handle getting disagree/lol to either grow a thicker skin or leave the internet, asking the Guru's to put the buttons back and to punish the disagree/lol trolls and having them banned instead of taking away buttons, people speaking up saying how happy that they are that the buttons are gone and wish for the other ones to also be gone. The list goes on and on of complaints and sadness of the buttons being taken away.

And in my opinion, I think that everyone is guilty of using the disagree/lol buttons on people's posts. Granted that some of them were giving them out as honest disagrees/loll's as they thought that the posts deserved them. And then there was the ones who didn't have anything else better to do but go around and hit them just to be hitting them and thinking that they were just hurting the OP in the process just because the troll had issues with that person/s. After the disagree button was taken away the first time last year, people started using the lol button as their disagree button when someone would either post ideas for TS4 or their opinion about the game.
  • Options
    Thanks again @Iisasc360 :)

That is a shame about the buttons but in a way I can why they were removed. It's horrible hitting LOL on a post about someone's post where they talked about an ill family member or somebody they knew who had just passed :( The disagree button I'm not sure whether that was wise to remove that one. I mean if it upset people then yes but if it had been me I would have probably banned the trolls, but I'm not a mod of course.

So people are also using the new buttons horribly as well. Wow some people really want to hurt people's feelings. I only ever use the buttons when a post made me smile or I found it helpful, which for me, is what those buttons are for :) but I guess some people think differently. I wouldn't be surprised if we do see the last buttons disappear over time, I hope not but if people don't change their attitudes then I guess it will happen. I don't see a problem with disagreeing with people's posts, as some posts I see I do disagree with but I try and explain that to the OP as nicely as I can, but at the end of the day I suppose there's a lot of young members here who probably get very offended him someone marks their post "disagree". But even so, being online you almost expect to find someone who wants to ruin the fun for everyone else.

I'm not sure about you but I actually like The Sims 4. I'm not saying it's better or worse than The Sims 3 but I am definitely getting Get Together when it has been released :) though I'll be buying it in the New Year!

Thank you for your replies and it's also a pleasure to meet you :)
  • Options
    You're welcome again @Sennie... :)

I haven't yet brought TS4 as I'm still having fun and still have a lot I want to do and learn in TS3. I do have the TS4 CAS demo that I tried one time but couldn't really get the hang of the tug and pull features. Now I know that there are people who haven't yet brought TS4 that bad mouths it and that is just wrong for them to do. I have my reasons for not buying it just yet and I'm not sure if I'll ever get but that doesn't give me the right to say anything bad about the game as peoples tastes in games are different.

I was a late comer to the Sims series as I didn't get into the Sims until TS2 but only after TS3 came out when TS2 came in bundles and was cheaper. When I was still using the old TS2 site, I was reading all of the threads that kept bashing TS3 for having ugly, pudding face Sims and all of the complaints that others had about the game. So from reading those posts, I wasn't quite sure that I ever wanted to buy and try TS3 until I saw the open world and I fell in love with it. Now since playing TS3, I have a hard time going back to TS2 and the loading screens.