Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Another Question: WHy is everything now saving as being Modded

I went to get photos of The Del Monte one of my homes added a few things and it now saves as Modded when all I have are unlocked trees which are not on that lot I then tried another house opened it did nothing and now it says it is modded. I tried repair and clearing cache and went back and still having that issue.....Help?

Comments

• Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    The game seems to use only the presence of content in the Mods folder to determine this, not whether the actual items you're saving have CC. Here's what I do to upload CC-free content so it shows as CC-free:
    • "Save As" naming it something like "Gallery Save"
    • Exit the game
    • Pull out the Mods folder
    • Restart the game
    • Open "Gallery Save" and upload to the Gallery
    • Exit the game
    • Put the Mods folder back in
    • Continue with my previous save
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    rconercone Posts: 407 Member
    good god that is insane ..... and something they should probably fix
  • Options
    KayeStarKayeStar Posts: 6,715 Member
    I had also had that problem. I don't know if the team is aware of it, but it was a nuisance. I would just take all of my CC and mods out when I wanted to build or make sims only for the gallery.
    752d5ef1ccf6be4ae3b2e539a6376fe9ea400d9ar1-320-207_00.gif
  • Options
    NZsimm3rNZsimm3r Posts: 9,265 Member
    So good to know there is a work around. This issue has been driving me batty for some time now. Thanks @luthienrising for posting that. :)
    I'm a girl who likes to play with boys, what can I say... o:)

“Instead of putting players in the role of Luke Skywalker, or Frodo Baggins, I'd rather put them in the role of George Lucas.”Will Wright.
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    I wouldn't even bother to go through that many loading screens to pull my mod folder which only contains some carpet recolors and some wood tiles. Good grief, if people are afraid of the carpet I have in my game when looking for a lot, then I don't know what to tell them since it doesn't transfer over anyway. But I do see on the gallery totally modded lots (it's obvious) but they never mark it as modded. So, people are expecting to get that stuff in their game when they can't.

I think we should be big boys and girls and be allowed to download the content if we wanted it. And responsible for our own games if it was bad custom content. And stop limiting players sharing.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    cherparcherpar Posts: 2,092 Member
    Cinebar wrote: »
    I wouldn't even bother to go through that many loading screens to pull my mod folder which only contains some carpet recolors and some wood tiles. Good grief, if people are afraid of the carpet I have in my game when looking for a lot, then I don't know what to tell them since it doesn't transfer over anyway. But I do see on the gallery totally modded lots (it's obvious) but they never mark it as modded. So, people are expecting to get that stuff in their game when they can't.

I think we should be big boys and girls and be allowed to download the content if we wanted it. And responsible for our own games if it was bad custom content. And stop limiting players sharing.

I'd agree with this, with the exception that your content doesn't show on the gallery unless a user selects - advanced menu - show cc ( I have no idea how some circumvent that) and it doesn't show at all on the gallery app, as there is no cc filter.

For me, who cares, nobody is that interested in my stuff. But if someone is trying to get followers and create a profile, that could be difficult for them.
  • Options
    cherpar wrote: »

I'd agree with this, with the exception that your content doesn't show on the gallery unless a user selects - advanced menu - show cc ( I have no idea how some circumvent that) and it doesn't show at all on the gallery app, as there is no cc filter.

For me, who cares, nobody is that interested in my stuff. But if someone is trying to get followers and create a profile, that could be difficult for them.

Then I do feel sorry for them because I would guess not one tenth of people scroll down and click advanced to look at modded lots or Sims because they are afraid of custom content when it doesn't even transfer over. But what might transfer is a bald headed Sim. lol
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    MrSimmisMrSimmis Posts: 1,693 Member
    Yeah I use mods to unlock the career clothing and when I save a sim to the gallery wearing it it registwrs as modded! This sort of bugs me!
  • Options
    MrSimmis wrote: »
    Yeah I use mods to unlock the career clothing and when I save a sim to the gallery wearing it it registwrs as modded! This sort of bugs me!

So does building lots after Spa Day.
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    cherpar wrote: »

It can make it complicated even to find your *own* stuff.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    sawdustsawdust Posts: 1,003 Member
    Has this issue been addressed as my friend has been having problems saving Sims that she is sure are CC free but show up as having CC. I have one CC item but my lots don't show up as having CC if I don't use it so it must be determined by more than simply having items in your mod folder.
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    I honestly think it is a Gallery bug when it got updated. It didn't used to do that.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    AyumapAyumap Posts: 3,425 Member
    I've been hviing this issue only after the most recent patch, never before. And it's funny because I usually make unfurnished lots. Game tells me I have cc, so i do as been suggested and of course no items vanish because I never used cc to begin with...

Pretty annoying.
    2m60a6q.jpg
    *There's nothing wrong with loving the Sims 4, there's also nothing wrong with seeking improvements.
    A list of Mods I use.|My Sims 4 Mod and CC "Master" post. Helpful Links included.