Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Orphanage challenge..

CorenrenCorenren Posts: 592 Member
So I know there are a few of these already... BUT I wanted to make my own variation... (Its a little easier)

The main rules:
- You cannot create your kids, you can ONLY adopt them.
- Money cheat is allowed only for building the initial orphanage, and adoptions.. (MOO ok too, but no showhidden or ignoregameplay)
- Turn aging off (there is a strict schedule for birthdays)

So you will start out with one or two caretakers that you create, you can choose any traits and aspiration (try not to pick ones that require jobs)
If you make only one caretaker they are not allowed to go to work outside of the house (paint, collect, sell stuff is all they can do)
If you make two then only one can have a job.

Now to explain the adoption process... Kinda easier if you visually see it..
fanfk2.jpg
You will start by adopting two kids and one baby. Once a week you will adopt another baby.
Babies will age up after one week
kids will age up after 2 weeks
Teens will age up after 1 week
Young adults can stay for one more week but they will need to be moved out ASAP! (We need to make more room for helpless babies!!!)

You can use the money cheat to adopt, but after that please set your funds to $1,000. This is all you get. (use the "money {amount}" cheat, you can use the money cheat again when you need to adopt but only the amount needed for adoption)

The goal: Raise a bunch of babies into functional and skilled young adults.

The Challenge: You have to complete their aspirations before you age them up, and one skill at level 5.
(For a harder challenge they must also have an A in school, and at least one maxed out skill)

If anyone decides to do this challenge I would LOVE to hear any feedback!!!

Thanks for looking, and HAPPY SIMMING!!!!
2ynjgg8.png

Comments

• Options
    TheGeekGamezTheGeekGamez Posts: 706 Member
    WhT about teenagers? Most aspirations require them to become young adults at some point
  • Options
    edited November 2015
    WhT about teenagers? Most aspirations require them to become young adults at some point

They age up after a week. Then once a young adult they have 1 week to move out
    Post edited by Corenren on
    2ynjgg8.png
  • Options
    TheGeekGamezTheGeekGamez Posts: 706 Member
    oh okay! i guess the scedule woudnt work if they stayed teens for two weeks? cuz i really likee the teen state acually.
  • Options
    Pegasus143Pegasus143 Posts: 2,490 Member
    If the children complete their aspirations, they will need to have one maxed out skill.
  • Options
    Pegasus143 wrote: »
    If the children complete their aspirations, they will need to have one maxed out skill.

Yes
    2ynjgg8.png
  • Options
    AlHollandiyahAlHollandiyah Posts: 1,121 Member
    Maybe I am reading your schedule wrong, but it looks like kids are aged up after 4 instead of 2 weeks, and the initial 2 kids have one of them aged up a week after the other. I would also like to know when the challenges ends or when you fail it, and how the caretakers are aged up if they are at all. Last of all I think the money thing needs a bit of clarification. What about the 20k starter money? What about money they earned? If you set your money to 1000 everything they legitly earned is gone!

I really like your challenge, it's well thought of and I am probably going to put it on my list of interest in my blog (see sub for a link). I will also star it for now (still doing the 100 baby challenge) so I can keep track of how this develops! There is one rule however that I will need to bend and thats the ignoregameplay rule. I totally disagree with the games randomly keeping objects locked that I've 'unlocked' with another sim. IMHO it should be that if I as a player unlock an item, it's henceforth free for me to play with if any sim can buy it.
  • Options
    edited November 2015
    @AlHollandiyah I see your confusion with my chart lol. That is my mistake. Follow the written rules on aging up.

As for the money part, I am only saying to set your starting funds to $1000 AFTER creating your house and everything, and you can keep anything earned after that. (You can use the Kaching cheat to adopt if you do not have the money)

I agree with how you use the ignoregameplay cheat, that is perfectly fine if your sim has unlocked it and the game doesn't give it to you.

As for complete/fail... Uhmmm I guess if you don't complete the aspirations of the children/teens you have failed... And to pass... I guess its really more of a points challenge now that i'm thinking about it.. Points would be given for every birthday and for skills gained... Maybe 5 points for aging up a kid, 10 for teen.. and single point for all maxed out skills, and a point for every milestone in the aspiration... Does that make sense? Does anyone have any ideas on how to create a point system? That sounds like the best option for this challenge instead of a complete or fail... Get as many points as you can before your caretaker becomes an elder and dies. I suppose you would have to turn aging on for that... maybe on the long setting? That way you can still have control on the children and teens birthdays..
    2ynjgg8.png
  • Options
    Those would be valid options! I think this is a really promising challenge, if you could work it out a bit more! I'm not the one to decide what gets added in the challenge post but then I'd definitely vote for having this added. I made up some challenges too but they never got added due to not being unique enough, and I think this one definitely is! I like the idea of raising a lot of adopted kids also for the diversity it will give.

Some more annoying questions: Are there any rules as for which kid you will pick to adopt? For example throw a dice for all listed kids of the right age? And how about traits / aspirations? I haven't adopted in the Sims yet, so I don't know if these are stupid questions, I'm just trying to think along with you!
  • Options
    Some more annoying questions: Are there any rules as for which kid you will pick to adopt? For example throw a dice for all listed kids of the right age? And how about traits / aspirations? I haven't adopted in the Sims yet, so I don't know if these are stupid questions, I'm just trying to think along with you!

I think it just lets you pick with a few options on gender and age. I didn't really want to limit the player. (if they wanted all boys or all girls)

You also made me think that in order to complete the entire challenge you have to complete all the different aspirations for the children and teens.... Maybe?

I love the brainstorming going on. You are definitely helping me fine tune this challenge!
    2ynjgg8.png
  • Options
    The teen challenges wouldn't really be possible, because many recquire adult job promotions, which isn't possible if they are to move out after just 1 week! The kid aspiration might be possible, but I have no clue how long that takes and how possible that is between 2 weeks?
  • Options
    @AlHollandiyah On the normal lifespan setting children age up after 13 days, and teens age up after 20.. So probably not possible to complete the teens aspiration.. But two weeks should be enough to complete the children's aspirations.. I suppose we could keep the teens around another week.. Maybe 2 or 3 weeks for a more realistic challenge.. I have definitely got some editing to do on this challenge now lol.
    2ynjgg8.png
  • Options
    I guess thats why EuphorialQueen always asks people if they playtested their own challenges, LOL!
  • Options
    AislynneAislynne Posts: 37 Member
    This challenge sounds cool! I'm writing an orphanage challenge of my own at the moment, and it's nice to see how different approaches people take to this theme. :)