Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

TS2 is just amazing

SimFan298SimFan298 Posts: 1,079 Member
Personally, I love The Sims 4 a tad more than The Sims 2, but The Sims 2 is an EXTREMELY close second. Who else thinks The Sims 2 is one of the best Sims games?
Origin ID: theAidster21

The Sims has always been an important part of my life, and may it continue to be so! Long live Sims!

[Due to some kind of glitch, I am unable to insert photos into my signature for some reason.]

Comments

• Options
    miss_squeebsmiss_squeebs Posts: 60 Member
    It most definitely has a special place in my heart. Started playing it almost ten years ago and I still do. The Exchange was was just so cool! I loved the way stories could be made in the game.
  • Options
    MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    For me The Sims 2 was my favourite. It's my Go to Sims game. Love it.
  • Options
    DatRandomSimmerDatRandomSimmer Posts: 59 Member
    sims 2 was great soo many random stories i made twas good times
  • Options
    naitsirhc_101naitsirhc_101 Posts: 4 New Member
    Sims 2 is the best in the franchise, hands down. I don't think it will ever be topped tbh.
  • Options
    may151997may151997 Posts: 209 Member
    I love Sims 2 and 4, but both have elements that I wish the other had. I honestly could not pick which one I like more. In my opinion, this is really sad considering 4 is 10 years newer. I feel they could have made a far more superior game, but didn't because this was easier and cheaper. My opinion may change after all the packs come out. Aesthetically, of course I prefer Sims 4.
  • Options
    LadysimPlayer8LadysimPlayer8 Posts: 775 Member
    I love the whole Sims franchise - in their own way :)
    Reiterating what may151997 writes, it would be great if the best features were in one game.
    In my opinion, the most "complete" game is currently Sims2.

Aesthetically pleasing isn't the be and end all for me - occasionally I still play SimCity and Mario Kart with the SNES - the gameplay is more important.
  • Options
    Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    If they would update The Sims and all those fun activities- The Sims blows them all out of the water. -imo :mrgreen:

The Sims 2, while I think it is the best in game play, also fell short of what The Sims had- Super Star/Makin' Magic/Winter Vacation fun- they let me down in TS2, also. :(
  • Options
    SimFan298SimFan298 Posts: 1,079 Member
    Rflong7 wrote: »
    If they would update The Sims and all those fun activities- The Sims blows them all out of the water. -imo :mrgreen:

The Sims 2, while I think it is the best in game play, also fell short of what The Sims had- Super Star/Makin' Magic/Winter Vacation fun- they let me down in TS2, also. :(

Apartment Life has witches and warlocks, and Bon Voyage is an improvement on Vacation. True about Super Star though :(
    Origin ID: theAidster21

The Sims has always been an important part of my life, and may it continue to be so! Long live Sims!

[Due to some kind of glitch, I am unable to insert photos into my signature for some reason.]
  • Options
    SimFan298 wrote: »

Apartment Life has witches and warlocks, and Bon Voyage is an improvement on Vacation. True about Super Star though :(

Actually, to me- Bon Voyage wasn't an improvement on the Vacation expansions just Because Toddlers and Pets couldn't go even if the family had a house in the Vacation destination and because there was no Winter Vacation. I do realize they didn't want to add it if others didn't have the Seasons pack but they could have and it could have made BV Awesome instead of Okay.

Witches and Warlocks felt like an afterthought with the Apartment Life expansion. As if they put them in so they didn't Have to make a Makin' Magic expansion with all the wonderful stuff. So, that wasn't so great.
  • Options
    LadysimPlayer8LadysimPlayer8 Posts: 775 Member

Sorry to read that you felt let down by TS2. :(

Didn't the Aspirational Rewards make up for the loss of some of the objects in The Sims?
  • Options

Sorry to read that you felt let down by TS2. :(

Didn't the Aspirational Rewards make up for the loss of some of the objects in The Sims?

You don't have to be sorry for me- It's just something I learn about the Sims games. Aspiration rewards in no way replace things that I waited for with each iteration.

While I could have Winter in a Vacation world there weren't any Winter Activities for that Winter Vacation world. So nothing could fill that hole.

While TS2 is Great in Game play, I still feel the last 3 packs were phoned in and not up to what they should have been. Hobbies.... Hobbies doesn't seem like a Full Expansion compared to University and Night Life or Open for Business. Apartments was fun but it tossed in Witches as if they were an after thought. So, to ME they were weak and left me wanting.

• Options
    SimGamer15SimGamer15 Posts: 2,019 Member
    I agree that sims 2 is amazing! Sims 2 was the first sims game I played and that was how I fell in love with the sims franchise. :)
  • Options
    alicemullanealicemullane Posts: 6 New Member
    The Sims 2 is probably my favourite, probably has more to do with nostalgia than anything else though, I can still remember my dad buying it for me the day it came out, and me and my best friend would play it for hours at sleepovers, we still play it together whenever we get a chance. The Sims 4 is also good, I prefer it to The Sims 3 anyway, I never really played 3 much.
    After reading this post, I need to go play on 2 now....
  • Options
    AmeliaVampiricAmeliaVampiric Posts: 180 Member
    The Sims 2 is my favorite game in the franchise, I've played both console and PC versions and have spent many hours browsing the web to find CC. My sisters and I would from time-to-time pretend to be sick so we wouldn't have to go to school and we would spend the entire day playing our crazy families, I know that is very naughty but the fun was totally worth it! :3

tumblr_mttkub5CDa1s9a1zuo3_500.gif

My Origin ID: AmeliaVampiric
    My Sim Showcase: AmeliaVampiric Sims
  • Options
    dogdancerdogdancer Posts: 447 Member
    I love Sims 2 and think that it's the best in the Sims series. I wish subsequent Sims games were as good. Yes, TS3 has an open world and TS4 has much more detailed sims. Still, neither has gameplay as good as TS2. The gameplay is what makes TS2 my favorite game in the series.
  • Options
    LianaaLianaa Posts: 185 Member
    Sims 2 is the best, like honestly. I think it's more realistic than the sims 3. Idk about you but I feel like it is, in some parts. My favorite one is OPEN FOR BUSINESS. I always love making shops, bakery, etc. Kind of reminds me of the Sims 4 GTW. x))
    Beyonce-Nicki-Minaj-Feeling-Myself-3.gif
  • Options
    Juliee101Juliee101 Posts: 479 Member
    Sims 2 is amazing! It's the most realistic then any of the other sims games.
  • Options
    Exactly! ^^
  • Options
    edited October 2015
    I just love that you can drive your children/teens to school in Sims 2. Adds more realism.
  • Options
    duhboy2u2duhboy2u2 Posts: 3,290 Member
    Have to agree. I think Sims 2 was my favorite in the whole lot. I've loved them all, though admittedly, not as much with the sims 4. Its a great game, but just not what I'm looking for. Maybe after they've fixed the huge problems and lack of content (that hopefully will come in time) it'll rate higher. Anyway, I'd forgotten how much fun TS2 is and as soon as I can sort my grayed out target line issue and get it to play in windowed mode it'll be my go to sims game once again.
    Loving yourself is the most simple and complicated thing you can do for you.
  • Options
    US_Marshall42US_Marshall42 Posts: 236 Member
    To me The Sims 2 is the best. The SIms 3 is a close second.
  • Options
    SkobeeSkobee Posts: 2,864 Member
    Sims 2 will always have a special place in my heart. I still have the original copies and UC, sadly I can't play it since i'm used to multi-tasking and the routing in Sims 4, but if I do miss it I install it for a while to play. I have a lot of fun memories from Sims 2!
    Origin ID - RosyAngelina
  • Options
    NerdySims99NerdySims99 Posts: 150 Member
    TS2 is just incredible, I've been playing it for eight years and it's still fantastic! I think every game in the Sims series is pretty good (all in their own ways) but Sims 2 will always take the cake for me. Can't wait to play it again when my aunt fixes my computer. :blush:
    "You've gotta be stirring my pasta."
  • Options
    duhboy2u2duhboy2u2 Posts: 3,290 Member
    edited October 2015
    Agreed @NerdySims99 Each game iteration has something special to offer but TS2 had something I've never been able to get enough of. There's no open world or fancy CAS options, and still...its better in many ways than its predecessor and younger siblings (to me). I don't know how to put my finger on what that something is exactly, but it has charm.
    Loving yourself is the most simple and complicated thing you can do for you.
  • Options
    windweaverwindweaver Posts: 7,375 Member
    Sims 2 is the best in the franchise, hands down. I don't think it will ever be topped tbh.

This! It is the best they ever made. It's too bad they have lost the people who made that game, b/c I don't think they'll ever be able to make a better one without those brilliant people.
    My Origin Name is: Cynconzola8