Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sigh at Stealing

13...Next

Comments

• Options
    bokylie1bokylie1 Posts: 804 Member
    Cbear13 wrote: »
    So I had put in reports and complaints and to EA and Origin and all I got back was "We have closed this case for now . You can reach us at help.ea.com for further assistance"

Nothing was done and nothing was even said to me about, horrible customer service

You need to start a new case each time you contact them, even if you have already contacted them about the issue. If you update the issue, they will close it. Happened to me previously.
    Forum and Origin ID: bokylie1

• Options
    Cbear13Cbear13 Posts: 6,278 Member
    Thanks @kamb1403 I will wait a bit and see if anything comes of the gurus work on it before putting in anymore complaints :)
    New%20siggie%2011th%20Nov%2015.jpg
    ✦✦ Origin ID: cbear1313 ✦✦ Gallery: cbear1313 Gallery ✦✦ Cbear's Creations ✦✦
    ✦✦ Quality Control Contest ✦✦ QC Monthly Contest ✦✦ QC Create A Room Competition ✦✦
    ✦✦ Quality Control Practice Challenges ✦✦
  • Options
    yanti68yanti68 Posts: 19,017 Member
    Not again! :( This keeps happening again and again! The other day I found one of my featured lot got reuploaded to the gallery! I left a message for the player who reuploaded it! Don't think he/she will take it down! Instead of stealing why don't they learn to build? It is such a fun process! I hope the Gurus / Sims team can help us with this! It is so frustrating to see someone stealing your hard work! :s
  • Options
    BryonyRaeBryonyRae Posts: 5,181 Member
    Did it at least still have your "Original By" @yanti68? There continue to be a ton of re-uploads, but from what I've seen, *most* people doing it are not stripping out the original by (whether by choice or by chance). It is a relief to at least not have to be commenting "original by so-and-so" on every other creation like I used to do back in the day. :p
    Visit my blog to see my creations: http://bryscreations.wordpress.com or search the gallery by my OriginID or #bryscreations
  • Options
    MandysAMessMandysAMess Posts: 2,694 Member
    Things like this are exactly why I no longer share my creations :'(

I had a thread in the ideas forum a while back that I'd like the option to say 'yes I'm ok with my lot being re-uploaded' or 'no I'm not', however, it seems like they'd just find a way around that too so...no sharing from me :)
    My Simblr: WaffleKone
  • Options
    So any news if anything has been done or going to be done about all our stolen creations?
    ✦✦ Quality Control Contest ✦✦ QC Monthly Contest ✦✦ QC Create A Room Competition ✦✦
  • Options
    yanti68yanti68 Posts: 19,017 Member
    BryonyRae wrote: »
    Did it at least still have your "Original By" @yanti68? There continue to be a ton of re-uploads, but from what I've seen, *most* people doing it are not stripping out the original by (whether by choice or by chance). It is a relief to at least not have to be commenting "original by so-and-so" on every other creation like I used to do back in the day. :p

Hmmmm....I can't remember! I just saw Misty Meadows being reuploaded and reacted immediately! Forgot to see the 'original by' tab! Silly of me! I would pay more attention to that next time!
  • Options
    SorceressSorceress Posts: 940 Member
    I guess that is one benefit being a nothing in the sims 4 building world with no maxis favourites that your builds aren't stolen! So sorry to hear of all of you on here who have had your builds stolen must be dreadful! My thoughts are with you all!
    Sorceress%20sig.png
    Thanks to Cbear13 for the signature and showcase images!
    Origin Id: Sorceress2696
    Sims 4 Gallery Here!
  • Options
    Ash072Ash072 Posts: 1,324 Member
    I don't know which makes me more sad. The fact that there are Gallery "trolls" like this or the fact he didn't steal one of my builds. :(
    5sXtTqH.png
  • Options
    SimLadyCandiSimLadyCandi Posts: 11 New Member
    My goodness, I looked on the gallery and he is still there. I've seen loads of lots that he's stolen. Some of the sims he has have "Theif=and then the person's username" and his name beside it as the uploader. I really hope he gets banned.
  • Options
    TwiggyTwiggy Posts: 995 Member
    It would be so awesome if there would be a good solution to all this showing off in Gallery with other simmers' creations. Just wondering if there are any new developments in this issue? I mean pitbullboxer31 still has loads of works by others in his catalog. But the stealing is becoming an every day thing, it seems in Gallery. The amount of times you see creators asking attention for this issue. And they are so right! I mean, yesterday i posted an entry for your monthly building competition #QCMonthly2, @Cbear13. Today the entry was already re-uploaded by someone else only looking slightly different with the same hashtags and all. Even though i kindly request not to re-upload my creations. It is sad to see simmers facing this day to day. Anyways, i do still hope we find a solution for this plagiarism. :)

Hugs
  • Options
    I still see no movement on his account, nothing has been removed are we sure this hasnt just been swept under the rug?
  • Options
    kass17kass17 Posts: 92 Member
    edited January 2016
    I want to talking about a thief on the gallery: Bobskellington12. He steals sims from at least 30 creators, he just change the hair and the first clothes, then re-upload them a tons of time. I think that everyone must know about her, and that something must be done, because he steals not only the sims, but the downloads and the followers from the original creator. I'm a victim and I know many amazing creators be stolen by him.
    Post edited by kass17 on