Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 4 Wont Open

I have been playing the Sims 4 since May and have had numerous problems but this one is the worst by far.
When in origin we I press play to launch the sims 4 it loads then does nothing and lets u press play again.
Also I have ALOT of custom content and mods.
Please Help ASAP!!! :s

Comments

• Options
    mr014mr014 Posts: 1,648 Member
    edited October 2015
    The first thing I would try then would be to take out all mods and CC, and see if the problem still occurs. If the game starts up this time, the cause should be some bad, incompatible, or out of date CC or mod(s) or just too much of it. In that case, add all CC and mods back bit by bit.
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,629 Member
    The most common reason we see that the game does not start is incompatible custom content. Sometimes CC was compatible before but a game update changes what it was "talking" to.

Drag the Mods folder to your desktop and try again. If the game then opens, you can add the contents of the Mods folder back in in batches to figure out what's "dead" in it.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    Simcupcake123Simcupcake123 Posts: 13 New Member
    Thanks SO MUCH!!!!!!
  • Options
    mr014mr014 Posts: 1,648 Member
    edited October 2015
    So I guess removing CC and mods did the trick then :)

Now, as stated above, try adding it back a little at a time - add some back, then start the game to see if it opens, add some more back and see if the game still opens, and so on - in order to identify the problem content.

A tip for the future: always check the sources of the CC and mods you download, make sure they're compatible with your game version, and keep them up to date if new versions of CC or mods are released for new game updates/versions.
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,614 Member
    Hello.
    I am glad that you have found what was causing your issues.
    If you have issues and have a lot of mods/cc, use the 50/50 method to test to see which is causing the problems. Put half of your mods/cc into the mods folder then start the game and see if the issue is still there. If the issue is not there, then you know that those items work okay with the game. Then you can test the other half of your cc/mods.
    If the game doesn't work with the first half, you will need to keep testing them one by one or in batches to see what is causing problems. Then you will need to test the second half of your cc/mods too.
  • Options
    map10515map10515 Posts: 1 New Member
    mine is doing this it origin and the sims 4 wont open but I don't have any mods or custom content and I'm not good with computers please help!
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,614 Member
    map10515 wrote: »
    mine is doing this it origin and the sims 4 wont open but I don't have any mods or custom content and I'm not good with computers please help!

Hello @map10515

Shut down your computer completely. Start the computer again, then launch the game and see if that helps.

Repairing the game may help. To do that, right click on the sims 4 picture in Origin and click repair.

Try uninstalling and reinstalling origin,

Try starting the game in windowed mode and see if that helps the issue.
    http://help.ea.com/en/article/playing-the-sims-4-in-windowed-mode/

Try switching back to 32 bit mode and see if that helps. To do that ,
    Go to My Games in Origin . Right click on The Sims 4 picture.
    Click on “Game Properties”
    Change the “When launching this Game” setting to “The Sims 4 32-