Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

☆☆ SIMS 4 QC MONTHLY ~ CHALLENGE 31 DUE (CDT) 1ST JULY ☆☆

Comments

• Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,598 Member
    @Cbear13 --- I'll probably be done in 2 or 3 days --- I have to finish the seating, organize some furniture, etc. and then, decorate more. The type of stadium will be a surprise ;)!

I will look forward to seeing your stadium and what type it is! @coolsim9999999 :)
  • Options
    coolsim9999999coolsim9999999 Posts: 5,102 Member
    Thanks a lot @rosemow B)!
    4kkjdXo.png

• Options
    kimartistkimartist Posts: 455 Member
    @Cbear13 I'm still working on it..should be done in a few days. Having so much fun trying to do a stadium without many sports things... LOL
    revisedsig2.png

* * Origin ID: kimartist * * Gallery: kimartist * * Showcase: My Creations * * Picture Albums * * Google+ Collection **
    Follow me for the most current creations.

• Options
    rosemow wrote: »
    I will look forward to seeing your stadium! @kimartist :) I hope that your work on it continues to go very well.

Thanks @rosemow A wonderful challenge to work on.
    revisedsig2.png

* * Origin ID: kimartist * * Gallery: kimartist * * Showcase: My Creations * * Picture Albums * * Google+ Collection **

• Options
    edited July 2017
    QC Monthly challenge no: 21
    Origin ID: Kimartist
    Name of Lot used: Windenburg (Fyres)
    Build gallery name: Rockets Sports Complex
    Sport chosen and team name: Baseball Rockets
    Gallery Link: Rockets Sports Complex

Images (3-6 max): (please post 1 street view photo)

07_14_17_4_37_59_PM.png
    Night View for a Night Game

07_14_17_4_55_12_PM.png
    Daytime View for a Day Game

07_14_17_4_40_47_PM.png
    Field at Night facing the private clubhouses

07_14_17_4_56_55_PM.png
    Restaurant with Field View Seats.

07_14_17_4_48_25_PM.png
    This is the speaker… if you click on them and go to backyard, it will play "Take me out to the ballgame".

All images can be seen here, and there are lots of them.

This was a blast to build!!
    A baseball stadium with all the essentials.
    Dugouts, clubhouses, retail store, restaurant. In the basement is locker rooms, workout room, Coaches office and Team Dr. office.
    Post edited by kimartist on
    revisedsig2.png

• Options
    Rockets Sports Stadium is great! @kimartist :) The exterior design of the stadium and the layout of the areas in the build look very nice! Very nice entrance area! The tall towers and enlarged trophy between them looks great! The baseball diamonds water fountains and flowers feature in the front area of the venue looks very pretty! The clock look great in the middle water fountain ! The billboards on the edges of the stadium look great! It looks great how the base field is set up and the dugouts look,great! Very nice outdoors restaurant! It looks very nice how the tables and chairs are set up there, for sims to enjoy dining whilst watching the game. The spandrels look nice how they are used there. Very nice indoors areas! The meeting room to discuss game plans and strategies looks great! Very nice lockers room! The dirty clothes are a great touch there! It is nice that there is an indoors pool and a massage table area for sims to go swimming or have a massge after a game or training. The doctors office is great for medical treatmrnt of injured players! It is nice that there is retail store in the build.
    The stadium build is very well designed! Sims will enjoy attending matches there! :)
  • Options
    @kimartist --- Awesome baseball stadium :D! It has wicked cool details, throughout B)!
    4kkjdXo.png

• Options
    lisa17annlisa17ann Posts: 2,749 Member
    How am I doing on my monthly build you ask? Not great :( I have found no extra time to work on it between real life stuff and judging so I don't think I'll find time to finish it in time. But, i was really excited about it and I hope one day to finish it as it's Harry Potter inspired! <3 I'll prolly just post what I have done now and one day when I finish it I'll post the finished build on my building thread.

Your baseball stadium looks fantastic @kimartist great job :)
    34921575804_8da1fd7db6_z.jpg

• Options
    edited July 2017
    It would be great to see what you have so far @lisa17ann :D! I'll bet it is amazing B)! I'm almost done with my stadium. I'll probably have it done and posted/entered before bedtime --- so in about 6 hours :D! I'm doing the final decorating, then time to play test before taking 6 screenshots. I also have all my notes and creative notes typed and I know what my screenshots should be --- 5 besides the street view one. This was a very exciting build for me, and it let me do lots of unique things and stuff o:)!
    4kkjdXo.png

• Options
  • Options
    Thank you very much @rosemow! Almost time to begin to play test B)!
    4kkjdXo.png

• Options
    edited July 2017
    Thank you @rosemow for you very nice detailed words. As always I love reading what you see in my build.
    Thank you @coolsim9999999, it was fun to do...I finally had to enter it before I changed it again. I just kept playing and changing, then playing around with decorations..I finally had to stop myself. Wish sims could actually play a baseball game.
    Thank you @lisa17ann I really appreciate it.
    Please @lisa17ann, post what you have done so far. I can't wait to see others creativity.
    revisedsig2.png

• Options
    @kimartist --- You're welcome :D! I'm glad you sent it in instead of changing what you had some more. It was cool the way it was B)!
    4kkjdXo.png

• Options
    @kimartist --- You're welcome :D! I'm glad you sent it in instead of changing what you had some more. It was cool the way it was B)!

Thanks @coolsim9999999.
    revisedsig2.png

• Options
    You're welcome @kimartist B)!
    4kkjdXo.png

• Options
    edited July 2017
    Entry Form
    QC Monthly challenge no: 21
    Origin ID: cat315118
    Name of Lot used: Dresden House
    Build gallery name: Triple W Stadium
    Sport chosen and team name: Olympic Swimming --- The Windenburg Whale Savers
    Gallery Link:
    https://www.thesims.com/en_GB/gallery/12A2F418691D11E78321291F6B257650?category=all&searchtype=ea_origin_id&sortby=newest&time=all&searchquery=cat315118&max=50&maxis=false
    IUSGvPC.jpg
    street view
    2yRETKX.jpg
    fourth floor --- this screenshot shows the cafe, bakery, eating area, bathrooms and fan seating --- as the venue opens for the afternoon and evening Olympic swimming events.
    sJkyE95.jpg
    third floor --- the 5 warm-up pools, cafe, bakery, big pink ice cream/plant decoration (see below in my notes) eating area, bathrooms and fan seating
    siOdOAy.jpg
    second floor --- gym and bathroom for each team --- The Windenburg Whale Savers have the blue side (blue is their color) and the other team has the green and turquoise side (those are their colors.) --- also a fan intermission place next to the stairs. It has a television and radio, etc.
    vxjxyvC.jpg
    first floor --- rehab room and bathrooms for each team --- The Windenburg Whale Savers have the blue side (blue is their color) and the other team has the green and turquoise side (those are their colors.) --- the rehab rooms for each team include an assistive walking parallel “bars” with half walls in the rehab rooms --- one for each team, for if any of them ever need it --- creative decoration --- not usable (see my notes below) --- also a reception area for the athletes, as well as for fan questions.

You can also see one of the swimmers on the rock climbing wall in the center of the outdoor area right next to the warm-up/rehab pools.
    lalOxCg.jpg
    In the main, large Olympic pool, The Windenburg Whale Savers' Nathan Adrian (blue bathing caps) are an incredible number of body lengths ahead of the other team (black bathing caps).

Notes
    1. The name of the stadium is Triple W Stadium. The “W” stands for Windenburg.
    2. My team is the Windenburg Whale Savers. I used some whale themed stuff on their rehab and workout/gym rooms. Both teams have team faux animal print bathing suits because of the Windenburg Whale Savers --- saving theme.
    3. Seating in the stands is the cheapest in the stadium --- although, it is closer to fan cafes and regular bathrooms. --- the third floor costs more than the fourth floor seating. There is also poolside fan seating for both full length pools --- the small one is for practicing right before official heats, semis or finals --- and that fan seating is in the mid price range. In addition, the poolside seating along the very large pool is for official heats, semis or finals --- so it costs the most of all the seating options.
    4. Also, the stadium has a rule, which states that the cars closest to the half wall in the parking lot must enter the lot first and leave it first to avoid car accidents.
    5. The stadium has 16 bathrooms. --- 8 are open to fans, but four of those 8 are toddler bathrooms. Each team has 2 bathrooms in their rehab room and 2 in their gym. There is also one unisex one Sim bathroom near the food stall, which includes a toilet and a potty (near the two big pools with fan seating.) They can drink free water from the sink, if needed (i.e. their child is too whiney to go upstairs to one of the cafes). High chair and sippy cup there, as well for the same reason.
    6. There are 2 very small pools --- one for each team to use in rehab. The other small pools are for warm-up for Sim Olympic heats, semis and finals. There is also a long, narrow pool for warm-up. The large pool is for Sim Olympic heats semis and finals.
    7. There is a tailgating and busker area right next to the parking lot.
    8. stocked bakery, including a cupcake factory next to each espresso bar

Creative Notes:

1. I made two assistive walking parallel “bars” with half walls in the rehab rooms --- one for each team, for if any of them ever need it --- creative decoration --- not usable.
    2. The four changing tables are solely for decoration and cannot be used.
    3. The stadium, itself, doesn’t have any windows. That’s because the top two floors have fan seating, but there’s low fencing, and the bottom two floors have private team areas, such as the locker rooms. I also like the silhouette of the “Triple W,” which forms the exterior of “Triple W Stadium.”
    4. The other team (the turquoise/green themed visiting team has a decorative “room” without a door between their two bathrooms on both the first floor (rehab) and the second floor (gym). It does use the same decorative rock sconces (which complement the rock climbing wall outside the stadium near the warm-up pools) with the rest of the gyms and rehab areas. The reason that “room” exists is because that side of the building was one square smaller than the other, and you can’t put a wall down the middle of a full square.
    5. Another creative decoration is located on the third floor of the stadium, and it is an ice cream cone plant with a chocolate and vanilla cone with strawberry ice cream and marsh mellows.
    5. The cars in the parking lot are not all parked straight because cars in parking lots are not straight in real life.
    Post edited by coolsim9999999 on
    4kkjdXo.png

• Options
    edited July 2017
    Sim Entry Form
    QC Monthly Sim challenge no: 21
    Origin ID: cat315118
    Sims Gallery Name: Windenburg Whale Savers
    Sport chosen and team name: Olympic Swimming --- The Windenburg Whale Savers
    Gallery Link:
    https://www.thesims.com/en_GB/gallery/22AEEA3C691D11E78338291F6B257650?category=all&searchtype=ea_origin_id&sortby=newest&time=all&searchquery=cat315118&max=50&maxis=false

My top 3 star team members are named: Michael Phelps, Ryan Lochte and Nathan Adrian.

m2Oo6f8.jpg
    Michael Phelps doing laps at night in the smaller olympic sized pool to practice for his relay final the next day.

LsLyE4B.jpg
    Ryan Lochte prepares to jump into the pool next.
    Post edited by coolsim9999999 on
    4kkjdXo.png

• Options
    edited July 2017
    The Triple W Stadium is so very nice! @coolsim9999999 :) Your team, the Windenburg Whale Savers are great! It is very nice that you have made simversions of the real life American swimmers! It is very nice pictures of Michael swimming laps in the pool, and Ryan about to jump in next during the relay.
    You have put so much work into designing the features of the stadium! It was great reading the background details of the stadium, and all the various features of it! The exterior design of the stadium looks very nice! :) The three W 's that form the exterior is so creative and effective ! The layout of the areas of the build is very nice! The large swimming pool for the main official heats , semis and finals, and the long narrow pool for warm ups look great! The five smaller warm up pools are very nice also. The fans seating in the 3rd and 4th floor W's areas looks great! It looks nice how the seats have been placed there. It is nice that there is a bakery and cafe there on both levels for sims to enjoy buying food from the display case or fridge, and a drink from the espresso bar to eat and drink whilst watching the swimming . The cupcake machines and cake signs are nice touches . The icrecream cone plant is very creatively designed! Very nice gym areas for both teams on the 2nd floor ! They will enjoy using the fitness equipment there for their fitness training . It is nice that there are yoga and massage chair areas. The aquariums are a nice touch there. Very nice rehab areas on the first floor! The assistive walking parallel bars look great! The sims will like using the rock climbing item for training. Go the Windenburg Whale Savers! The picture of them ahead of the other team in the race looks great! The wall lights on each level looks very nice! The chairs look great placed along the edges of the large and narrow pools. The lotus flowers look nice on the base of the pools. The car park area looks very nice also!
    It is a very creatively designed swimming stadium! :)
  • Options
    edited July 2017
    @rosemow --- Thank you so much for your totally awesome and detailed review of my stadium B)! I'm glad you enjoyed reading the very large amount of notes and creative notes, and liked the features of my stadium, including the big ice cream cone, all the pools, the screenshots and details of the build and how the W's of the stadium's structure looked, as well as so many details, and of course, how I made Sim versions of American Olympians :D! My screenshots of Michael and his teammates showed exactly how fast they swim in real life :)!
    4kkjdXo.png

• Options
    chips46chips46 Posts: 3,666 Member
    Oh wow @kimartist your baseball stadium looks fantastic you put in a lot of work and very lovely details :)

Wow @coolsim9999999 love your Stadium very creative I like the car park area good idea and the lap pool :)
  • Options
    @coolsim9999999 your swimming arena is beautiful. I love the outside design. It looks exciting to attend and watch our star athletes. Love the details about your stadium in your story.

@chips46, thank you so much. It is kind of designed after a stadium my family goes to. We are a hugh baseball family. Kids played through college and grand kids now play on traveling tournament teams as well a little league. I sometimes feel it is all we do in this family. So a baseball field was perfect for me to design.
    revisedsig2.png

• Options
    Hello @kimartist :) It is nice that your family enjoy playing and watching baseball, and it is very special that you created a baseball stadium to reflect that. It would have been a very enjoyable bulld for you to do :)
  • Options
    @chips46 --- Thank you very much B) ! I'm glad you liked my pools and parking lot, as well as all the creative details that I included in the build <3!

@kimartist --- Thank you so much :D! I'm happy that you liked the details in my notes, as well as how the stadium looks B)! I agree that it would be really fun to go to something that looked like that, in this case my Sims :)! It's really cool that you designed your baseball stadium after the one near you B)!
    4kkjdXo.png

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top