Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Young Adult/University Update

How cool would it be if we got a university/young adult update? Here's what I think it could be like:

After your sims graduated high school, they would age up into a young adult. Then there would be a huge university that you could actually go to (and it's not just a rabbit hole building) where your young adult sims could go to after graduating high school. They could major in a subject and would be given certain activities to do in order to graduate (this could be a new type of education thing). Your sims could get a dorm on campus (either with or without a roommate), or could get an apartment (which could introduce more than 4 sims per house), and live with other sims there. Your sims could also join sororities that have certain personalities and acted certain ways around different sims/other sororities.

Of course I don't expect all of these things to be added, this is just an idea that I think would bring a lot to the game.

Comments

• Options
    EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,937 Member
    Last quest in The Sims Freeplay allows sims to auto-age. This is so annoying. I think, that aging will be improved.
  • Options
    Jarsie9Jarsie9 Posts: 12,714 Member
    How cool would it be if we got a university/young adult update? Here's what I think it could be like:

After your sims graduated high school, they would age up into a young adult. Then there would be a huge university that you could actually go to (and it's not just a rabbit hole building) where your young adult sims could go to after graduating high school. They could major in a subject and would be given certain activities to do in order to graduate (this could be a new type of education thing). Your sims could get a dorm on campus (either with or without a roommate), or could get an apartment (which could introduce more than 4 sims per house), and live with other sims there. Your sims could also join sororities that have certain personalities and acted certain ways around different sims/other sororities.

Of course I don't expect all of these things to be added, this is just an idea that I think would bring a lot to the game.

You could also try playing The Sims 2 University and The Sims 3 University Life. Those would give you what you need, they wouldn't be linear, and they wouldn't require you to buy anything to complete quests. Plus, they have the added benefit of not having to be played in real time, but in Sim time...which is a lot faster than real time.

EA Marketing Department Motto:
    "We Don't Care If You LIKE The Game, Just As Long As You BUY The Game!"
    B)
    I Disapprove (Naturally)
    I Took The Pledge!
  • Options
    EricasFreePlayEricasFreePlay Posts: 849 Member
    I agree with the original poster. I would love to see all of those things in a future update but I can't think of any hobby that could be added for Sims while in college.
  • Options
    SimsILikeSimsSimsILikeSims Posts: 1,634 Member
    edited October 2015
    Jarsie9 wrote: »

You could also try playing The Sims 2 University and The Sims 3 University Life. Those would give you what you need, they wouldn't be linear, and they wouldn't require you to buy anything to complete quests. Plus, they have the added benefit of not having to be played in real time, but in Sim time...which is a lot faster than real time.

Those are great games, but cannot be played on tablets and phones (ie. to play away from home). (There's no place like home, but sometimes you need to get out and about, like to your local coffee shop, or to work/school, and on a break from work or on the bus to work/school you might wanna play. ) I think this is a great idea for Sims Freeplay for a possible feature to add later. How would it work though, would there be some sort of quest around building the University building in Freeplay (probably on the island) that unlocks young adults (who would of course look like adults, given it is a tablet game, and besides in the Sims games that have had University and young adults, they still looked like adults). What sort of job would a young adult have, given that preteens and teens have school, and adults have jobs to go to in Freeplay? Would they disappear to an invisible rabbithole university class like the school or work of the rest of the Freeplay sims?

Also, what advantages would going to University potentially give Freeplay Sims, who do not have any skill points? Should only young adults be eligible for University, or adults and possibly elders besides?
    I have been playing The Sims since 2001, when Livin Large came out. My avatar deliberately looks like Chris Roomies from TS1.
  • Options
    Jarsie9Jarsie9 Posts: 12,714 Member
    I'm sorry, but the OP is asking for ideas and features that make The Sims FreePlay more like the PC game. My point is that it wouldn't be possible to do, and unless you just *love* being tied to quests and such, it would just be more grind and more goals.

I already have a hard time keeping up with the goals in Sims FreePlay; that's why I uninstalled it. Playing it in real time...well, I just don't have that kind of time in RL to devote to a mobile/tablet game.
    EA Marketing Department Motto:
    "We Don't Care If You LIKE The Game, Just As Long As You BUY The Game!"
    B)
    I Disapprove (Naturally)
    I Took The Pledge!
  • Options
    clysonclyson Posts: 80 Member
    I love the concept, but this would never be added due to the fact that the game itself already takes up almost a gigabyte of your device space. possibly in the future EA could probably make a separate game for this.
  • Options
    neggiemagsneggiemags Posts: 8 New Member
    I look at freeplay as something to bide my time and fulfill my need to play sims while not at home....a university for sims in freeplay would be a cool idea though! It would however be a lot of goals...but I actually like the quests and goals.