Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Need Help With Origin and Game

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    Cheeky_NzCheeky_Nz Posts: 18 Member
    edited October 2015
    Hi Rose

I've already tried the above, thanks tho!
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,614 Member
    edited October 2015
    Cheeky_Nz wrote: »
    Hi Rose

I've already tried the above, thanks tho!

When you go to the Spooky Stuff section in my games , is the download/install button there or is there a play button?
    Or are the buttons greyed out?
    If one of the buttons are there, press it to either install the pack or play the game.

Try uninstalling and reinstalling origin if the issues continue.
  • Options
    edited October 2015
    Hi rose,
    (I just realized when I posted via my cell it was in the US forums, not the usual NZ on my Laptop - Duh!)

I can actually start the game and play it, that's no issue, origin also says the game is installed - and there are no buttons greyed out, and I'd already tried the play via game options :( - I've tried running as an admin through origin, uninstalled & reinstalled the Sims 4 and all of the games (incl. spooky stuff), repaired and updated the games multiple times (before and after the reinstall), clearing my cache, shutting down & restarting my laptop. Running the Sims 4 in both full screen, windowed and minimised forms - at least an hour each. Also I've uninstalled and reinstalled origin.
    I've also posted on EA ask a question.

It is pretty much: Origin says the game is there and ready and The Sims 4 saying its not there - its busy installing. (But i wait and wait and the notification saying its done never appears)

I was hoping maybe Sigzy05 had tried something different that I hadn't thought of yet :tongue:
  • Options
    Hi rose,
    (I just realized when I posted via my cell it was in the US forums, not the usual NZ on my Laptop - Duh!)

I can actually start the game and play it, that's no issue, origin also says the game is installed - and there are no buttons greyed out, and I'd already tried the play via game options :( - I've tried running as an admin through origin, uninstalled & reinstalled the Sims 4 and all of the games (incl. spooky stuff), repaired and updated the games multiple times (before and after the reinstall), clearing my cache, shutting down & restarting my laptop. Running the Sims 4 in both full screen, windowed and minimised forms - at least an hour each. Also I've uninstalled and reinstalled origin.
    I've also posted on EA ask a question.

It is pretty much: Origin says the game is there and ready and The Sims 4 saying its not there - its busy installing. (But i wait and wait and the notification saying its done never appears)

I was hoping maybe Sigzy05 had tried something different that I hadn't thought of yet :tongue:

I am sorry that you are having this issue. When you said that you cleared the caches, did you do a resetting of your sims 4 folder? You probably did, but just in case you didnt, try doing that. To do that, move your sims 4 folder ( that is in Documents -Electronic Arts - then the sims 4 folder is there ) to the desktop. Then start the game, and a new sims 4 folder will be generated. Exit the game and then add back the "options.ini" file and the "saves" , "screenshots" "tray" "custom music " and "mods" folders from the desktop sims 4 folder to the new sims 4 folder.

• Options
    edited October 2015
    Hey Rose,

So I hadn't tried the new folder (I'd done it before but it didn't occur to me to try it) It didn't work....BUT I updated the game afterwards and repaired it and crossed my fingers (hoping the the reset folder would allow some update or file to install that was missing etc.) , and for some reason its decided to work so I'm going with it, **Thank- you very much.** :)
  • Options
    Hey Rose,

So I hadn't tried the new folder (I'd done it before but it didn't occur to me to try it) It didn't work....BUT I updated the game afterwards and repaired it and crossed my fingers (hoping the the reset folder would allow some update or file to install that was missing etc.) , and for some reason its decided to work so I'm going with it, **Thank- you very much.** :)

I am glad the issue has been fixed :)