Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sandraelle's D.N.A. Team Contact Thread

Comments

• Options
    SandraelleSandraelle Posts: 6,146 Member
    Heledriel wrote: »
    Oh sorry I completely forgot it... yes a small one to fit a single car will probably be nice, so even some sort of carport would be enough.

Ok, great. Thanks @Heledriel.
  • Options
    Hi @Heledriel , Just stopping in for an update for you. Making some good progress and just wondered if you wanted to see any WIP pics? I'm hoping I'm on the right track for you as far as decor. :)
  • Options
    HeledrielHeledriel Posts: 465 Member
    edited January 2018
    If it is no trouble sharing them I would love to see some WIPs, though I trust your decorating and building skills completely. I am just always curious :o
    Post edited by Heledriel on
    I have the simplest tastes. I am always satisfied with the best.
    wW5u961.gif
  • Options
    If it es no trouble sharing them I would love to see some WIPs, though I trust your decorating and building skills completely. I am just always curious :o

Ok, I'll do that soon. :)
  • Options
    Oh! It looks amazing so far, I love how you choose the colours and pattern. The cooler blue and white for the yard looks so nice against the soft warm interior it is surrounded by.
    And really like the way you decorated the front arches, they are quite the eye-catcher.
    wW5u961.gif
  • Options
    Oh! It looks amazing so far, I love how you choose the colours and pattern. The cooler blue and white for the yard looks so nice against the soft warm interior it is surrounded by.
    And really like the way you decorated the front arches, they are quite the eye-catcher.

Awesome! Glad I'm on the right track. :) And thanks for your quick response.
  • Options
    edited January 2018
    @Heledriel , Here's some more WIP pics I'd like to get your opinion on: http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/14153998/#Comment_14153998

P.S. Thought of somethhing else....

On the 2nd level are the bedrooms, with the master suite having one whole side of the building and the teen bedrooms on the opposite side. I put the sauna and massage table in an area off of the master bathroom. At first I made it private with entrances just from within the master bath. But then decided that maybe others might want to go in to the sauna room without having to traipse through the master bath, so I put another entrance on the teen bedroom side. Do you want your teen sims to have access to this area? If not, I can remove the door to that space. I know it's kind of hard to envision what I'm talking about without seeing the layout, but I don't want to show you too much! LOL Thanks.
  • Options
    Yes I would like to keep the entrance to the sauna area from both the teen and master bedroom, will be more convenient.
    And no it is not too much; the reading room looks awesome, I love how it is lots of colour and decorations, and the cute fountain? in the back, you really have the most lovely ideas. The more I see the more I get excited :p
    wW5u961.gif
  • Options
    Yes I would like to keep the entrance to the sauna area from both the teen and master bedroom, will be more convenient.
    And no it is not too much; the reading room looks awesome, I love how it is lots of colour and decorations, and the cute fountain? in the back, you really have the most lovely ideas. The more I see the more I get excited :p

Ok, cool.

For the teen bedrooms, do you still want them to be gender neutral, or do you know the gender now?
  • Options
    Since I have a boy and a girl, I thought gender neutral would be the best solution. If you like you could just mix decoration for both genders, I just couldn’t think of a good middle ground. I am open to any ideas you might have feel free to do whatever you find most suitable.
    wW5u961.gif
  • Options
    edited January 2018
    Since I have a boy and a girl, I thought gender neutral would be the best solution. If you like you could just mix decoration for both genders, I just couldn’t think of a good middle ground. I am open to any ideas you might have feel free to do whatever you find most suitable.

To be honest, I do better when I'm decorating for a specific gender, lol. Since you do have one of each, and it's ok with you, I think it would be be better (design-wise) to go in that direction, as I wouldn't want to put a canopy or curtains above a boy's bed or use a dark pink in the boy's room, etc, lol. And I could show you WIP pics if you'd like, to make sure the rooms are to your liking. Both rooms are about the same size and there is a bathroom between them. Are there any items you'd like to see in their rooms that are geared to their personality? Like what do they like, are they musical or athletic, a bookworm, a girly-girl, etc?

EDIT: Ooops!!! I actually made this a 3-bedroom house so was thinking that there would be two teen bedrooms, but I realize now that when I posted my question about the teen rooms, that I didn't clarify that there was space for two separate rooms for the teens, duh (on my part, lol). Perhaps your answer was based on thinking that there was only 1 teen bedroom and that they would be sharing? Sooooo......do you prefer for the boy and girl to share or do you want them to have their own room? So sorry to confuse things by me not divulging that crucial detail when I was asking! LOL :o
    Post edited by Sandraelle on
  • Options
    edited January 2018
    The girls bedroom can definitely be very girlish, she is going to be a singer; so musical and vain are the most fitting words to describe. He is going to be an acrobat; so more athletic; probably some space to have a friend over would be nice for his room.
    Hope this helps a bit
    wW5u961.gif
  • Options
    The girls bedroom can definitely be very girlish, she is going to be a singer; so musical and vain are the most fitting words to describe. He is going to be an acrobat; so more athletic; probably some space to have a friend over would be nice for his room.
    Hope this helps a bit

Wonderful! And yes, that helps me a lot. Thank you @Heledriel!

P.S. I am really enjoying this type of decor, with the colors, patterns and decor.....I am using some of the exotic decor objects for the first time in my builds, yay!
  • Options
    edited January 2018
    I just saw your edit now. Yes two teen bedroom are fine, sounds like a cute design that they are connected via bathroom. I always have a hard time estimating how much space there will be for how many rooms and such things; that’s why I first thought there will be only one teen room.

And I, too, love to see many ‘ exotic’ objects which find rarely use in other buildings :)
    Post edited by Heledriel on
    wW5u961.gif
  • Options
    @Heledriel , I just wanted to let you know that I finished your house and it is posted on our DNA thread here: http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/16286108/#Comment_16286108 I hope you like it. A put in a few notes at the end of my post to explain a few things, but if you have any questions, just let me know.

P.S. Sorry it took me so long, I had it finished last weekend but was having issues with exporting it, but I finally got it to go tonight. :)
  • Options
    MoinesseMoinesse Posts: 155 Member
    xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
    @Sandraelle
    Questions for @Moinesse
    2/7/18
    I have to think about this one for a bit, but I'm sure I'll have questions when I get into it, lol.

2/8/18
    1. Do you know which world you will be placing this build?
    2. For the other two bedrooms, did you want me to furnish them for children or just spare bedrooms?
    Thanks.

2/9/18
    1. Just thinking ahead as I start to get ideas..... I know you said that there can be a contrasting color used within the black and white color schemes. Do you want the contrasting color to be the same for both sides? For instance if I used a bit of dark red or dark rust in the black side, do you want that color in the white side as well? Or for the white, something light gray or beige as the contrast color?
    2. And can there be any brown wood tones in the interior of the house (for example, a wood floor or cabinets, or a stair railing, etc) or do I just need to stick to mainly the monochromatic color schemes?

2/10/18
    1. Not decorating yet, but can you give me a hint about the style of gothic furniture you like? Do you like the stuff that came with Supernatural or do you prefer more of the gothic glam look that came with the Oh My Goth Compilation (https://store.thesims3.com/setsProductListing.html?catalogId=10143&categoryId=&scategoryId=13515&pcategoryId=13816&ppcategoryId=13515)?

[/quote]

I leave the contrasting color up to you. and yes there can be brown tones in the interior. I don't think the entire black or white will work very well. A mingle of colors perhaps in the same color family. ha, I leave this up to you also.
    I prefer the Supernatural Goth, over Goth compilation, but if there is something you want to use and can fit it in, why not! Go for it.
    One Child bedroom plz, the other can be a spare.
    I play different world, most are nice flat lots. I may place this one right in the middle of Sunset Valley town center, or better yet Roaring Heights, lol. (have fun) looking forward to this build. NO rush though, still having fun with my last request.
  • Options
    @Moinesse .....Thanks for getting back to me!!

I have it on a 50x50 lot so that you're able to move it to a little bigger one if needed.

So as far as the colors, what I'm gathering is that you'd like the black and white sides of the house to be predominantly those colors, but I can add in other colors as needed so that not every single item is strictly a shade of black or a shade of white? What I've started so far, it definitely looks like I pasted two houses together, lol.

I'm glad you said you like the SN Goth stuff better, as I did too. :)

Is the child a boy or a girl?

Do you want to see any WIP's or be surprised at the end?
  • Options
    MoinesseMoinesse Posts: 155 Member

@Sandraelle 50x50 is great. There's no child yet. Generic, will be fine, It may be a monster and need a mud pit to sleep in. He likes back and she likes white. I may have to make a half black half white skin tone for the child, or twins. (yikes)
    I like surprises! WIP's not necessary.
  • Options
    Moinesse wrote: »
    @Sandraelle 50x50 is great. There's no child yet. Generic, will be fine, It may be a monster and need a mud pit to sleep in. He likes back and she likes white. I may have to make a half black half white skin tone for the child, or twins. (yikes)
    I like surprises! WIP's not necessary.

Haha! I would love to see this child when he or she is born, lol. Twins sounds like a better option. Do you have a picture of your couple?
  • Options
    Sorry I don't want to interrupt your current building, but since you wrote you like to see screenshots of your buildings in use, I thought I would share a few :p . I really enjoy it, it is so unique.
    Though your current request(s) sound very interesting as well, looking forward to see it.
    UctYVXD.jpg
    clJ5hbk.jpg
    wrKeNQN.jpg
    She really loves to perform and practice in the courtyard, somehow she always ends up there.
    lYcM7S9.jpg
    85DXhYG.jpg
    Not quite the fitting season, still lovely I think.
    n3SfRBJ.jpg
    wW5u961.gif
  • Options
    Sorry I don't want to interrupt your current building, but since you wrote you like to see screenshots of your buildings in use, I thought I would share a few :p . I really enjoy it, it is so unique.
    Though your current request(s) sound very interesting as well, looking forward to see it.
    UctYVXD.jpg
    clJ5hbk.jpg
    wrKeNQN.jpg
    She really loves to perform and practice in the courtyard, somehow she always ends up there.
    lYcM7S9.jpg
    85DXhYG.jpg
    Not quite the fitting season, still lovely I think.
    n3SfRBJ.jpg

@Heledriel , oh you're not interrupting at all! Feel free to post whenever you want. But I love that you're sharing pics with me, it means a lot to hear the feedback from our requesters, so thank you for that. I'm glad the teen girl is enjoying the courtyard to perform in and that you are having fun with the house. I noticed that the flooring in the living room is different, lol. Did the game replace it or did you just decide to put in the darker one? Enjoy!
  • Options
    You are right, hmm the game must have changed the flooring, I didn't even noticed, oddly enough in the kitchen and dining area where you used the same, it wasn't changed at all. I fixed it now, looks better :p

Please have a lovely weekend.
    wW5u961.gif
  • Options
    You are right, hmm the game must have changed the flooring, I didn't even noticed, oddly enough in the kitchen and dining area where you used the same, it wasn't changed at all. I fixed it now, looks better :p

Please have a lovely weekend.

Oh how strange that it did that, lol. Very interesting. :o
  • Options
    PatienceTheVirtuePatienceTheVirtue Posts: 67 Member
    Omg sorry I couldn't login to the forum for some reason. Anyways thanks for claiming my request. More of the brown side, I dye my hair often but keeping it natural as of recently. It's a dark ash brown, if that makes sense. Very cool toned.
    OYENqGg.png