Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sandraelle's D.N.A. Team Contact Thread

Comments

• Options
    CandySims14CandySims14 Posts: 475 Member
    Sandraelle wrote: »
    @CandySims14 , Here's a few sneak peeks for you (without divulging too much)! :smile: Sorry it's nighttime right now (lol) and obviously I haven't put a driveway in yet, but do these rooms look like the style you were thinking of? I have fiddled, and fiddled....and fiddled with the flooring for the main living spaces, lol, which you can see in the living room photo. Does this look ok to you? I've tried so many shades and textures and can't decide, lol. But this light wood floor is the one I've kept the longest. Please let me know if I'm not on the right track with colors, style, etc. or if you want anything changed. Also, what color would you like the sports car on the right side of the garage? Look forward to hearing your impression.

@sandraelle OMG exciting!!! Okay as far as the garage, I like the race car where it's at now because those are windows along the left side of it, right? I was thinking it would be cool to see it from outside. I love the "work area" in the back of the garage ... gosh, it's not too bright at all. And for the other car I guess red or blue. I guess blue would match better? Probably a shade of blue closer to the color of the gas pump. Oh the living room is beauuuuutiful! I love that flooring. It's classy and modern, and almost reminds me of the sand on the beach. And I see some blue accents, which reflects the color of the ocean. Yay! OMG the outdoor living space! *squeal* Sorry, lol. Wow, it's like seeing something you imagined come to life. That is just so awesome! <3
  • Options
    SandraelleSandraelle Posts: 6,146 Member
    edited September 2017
    @CandySims14 , oh I'm so relieved that you're liking it! Yes, there are windows to the left. Here's a picture from outside looking in towards the race car.

hpjHmqm.jpg

Do you think this checkered flag wall is too much? I know it looks a bit busy. But be honest, keep it or make it white?

lcHkOAs.jpg

And here's another of the outdoor living area from another angle.

GSDWWwC.jpg
  • Options
    @CandySims14 , oh I'm so relieved that you're liking it! Yes, there are windows to the left. Here's a picture from outside looking in towards the race car.

Do you think this checkered flag wall is too much? I know it looks a bit busy. But be honest, keep it or make it white?
    No, in fact, it's perfect because the bachelor moving in is a race car driver. So he's all about checkered flags and racing and everything. Funny, you didn't know that ahead of time, and yet you chose it. Really the only reason I mentioned no heavy patterns or anything too busy was so there wouldn't be room after room of heavily striped wallpaper like an old Victorian house or something. But a few patterns here and there are fine. Okay, I hate to be wishy washy, but can we change the car color from blue to red? When I saw those car photos on the wall with red cars, I imagined the guy having photos of his car all over the garage because he's so in love with them. :D I think that would be cool.

Oh that is awesome! I like the glass columns and the woven rug a lot. And the option of watching TV while facing the fireplace. :) And more light blue accents (candles) ... love it. <3
  • Options
    edited September 2017

No, in fact, it's perfect because the bachelor moving in is a race car driver. So he's all about checkered flags and racing and everything. Funny, you didn't know that ahead of time, and yet you chose it. Really the only reason I mentioned no heavy patterns or anything too busy was so there wouldn't be room after room of heavily striped wallpaper like an old Victorian house or something. But a few patterns here and there are fine. Okay, I hate to be wishy washy, but can we change the car color from blue to red? When I saw those car photos on the wall with red cars, I imagined the guy having photos of his car all over the garage because he's so in love with them. :D I think that would be cool.

Oh that is awesome! I like the glass columns and the woven rug a lot. And the option of watching TV while facing the fireplace. :) And more light blue accents (candles) ... love it. <3

I'm glad you want to keep the checkered pattern, I thought it broke up all the white and fit the fact that he's a vehicle enthusiast, lol. I've kept any patterns to a minimum and the house mostly consists of all the neutral colors, so I hope it's not too bland, lol. The master will have some light blue in it though.

And no worries about being wishy washy, I'm the most wishy washy person there is, lol. (If you could only see how many times I change items, colors and textures, lol). I like the idea of the red car to go along with the pictures on the garage wall. If you'd rather the tool cabinet, bar stool and gas pump to be red as well, just let me know (but then again, the red car might stand out more if those other items stayed dark blue).

I wasn't sure about keeping those glass columns, so I'm glad you liked that. I put 3 more of them off the dining patio as well, to balance it out.

Besides his garage, I think your car racing sim is going to love this house -- it has so many outdoor entertaining areas!! Can't wait for you to see it all finished. :D:p
    Post edited by Sandraelle on
  • Options
    soocoolsimsoocoolsim Posts: 6,262 Member

Sandy I'm totally loving this build so far. Neutrals are my fav so such a treat to see this colour scheme. You do such amazing work with the interiors :smiley:
  • Options
    soocoolsim wrote: »
    Sandy I'm totally loving this build so far. Neutrals are my fav so such a treat to see this colour scheme. You do such amazing work with the interiors :smiley:

Thanks so much Paula, appreciate it. :)
  • Options

I'm glad you want to keep the checkered pattern, I thought it broke up all the white and fit the fact that he's a vehicle enthusiast, lol. I've kept any patterns to a minimum and the house mostly consists of all the neutral colors, so I hope it's not too bland, lol. The master will have some light blue in it though.

And no worries about being wishy washy, I'm the most wishy washy person there is, lol. (If you could only see how many times I change items, colors and textures, lol). I like the idea of the red car to go along with the pictures on the garage wall. If you'd rather the tool cabinet, bar stool and gas pump to be red as well, just let me know (but then again, the red car might stand out more if those other items stayed dark blue).

I wasn't sure about keeping those glass columns, so I'm glad you liked that. I put 3 more of them off the dining patio as well, to balance it out.

Besides his garage, I think your car racing sim is going to love this house -- it has so many outdoor entertaining areas!! Can't wait for you to see it all finished. :D:p

I like the neutral colors. It's soothing. :)

Oh man, I do that too ... like I'll put a chair in the room, CASt it 10 different ways, move it to the right, move it to the left. I get a little obsessive. :D

Yeah, let's leave the other garage decor blue to mix it up a little.

SO excited about lots of outdoor entertaining areas! Since it will be on a beach lot it will be great to enjoy the view while playing outside. He'll be throwing a lot of parties. :D This is so fun, I'm glad I decided to submit a request. :)
  • Options

I like the neutral colors. It's soothing. :)

Oh man, I do that too ... like I'll put a chair in the room, CASt it 10 different ways, move it to the right, move it to the left. I get a little obsessive. :D

Yeah, let's leave the other garage decor blue to mix it up a little.

SO excited about lots of outdoor entertaining areas! Since it will be on a beach lot it will be great to enjoy the view while playing outside. He'll be throwing a lot of parties. :D This is so fun, I'm glad I decided to submit a request. :)

LOL, yep that's me! Try 6 different styled chairs, CASt them to death, move them around, then repeat, lol. :dizzy:
  • Options
    @CandySims14 , I'm happy to let you know that I finished your modern beach house. Pictures and download link can be found on our DNA thread here: http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/16074884/#Comment_16074884

P.S. I hope you like the 3 gender-neutral bedrooms ok, I did one as the nursery, one for an older child, and then one for teen. And I hope your vehicle enthusiast bachelor sim enjoys his garage! :smiley:
  • Options
    @Sandraelle I'm speechless. It looks exactly like what I wanted! I will be out most of the day tomorrow (of course), so I may not get to look at it in-game until Tuesday, but I would like to reply again here in more detail after I see it in person. Thank you so very much!! <3
  • Options
    edited October 2017
    @Sandraelle I'm speechless. It looks exactly like what I wanted! I will be out most of the day tomorrow (of course), so I may not get to look at it in-game until Tuesday, but I would like to reply again here in more detail after I see it in person. Thank you so very much!! <3

Hi Candy, you're very welcome! I'm very relieved that you like the house and hope that you like it just as much when you get it in-game. There are so many places to sit and enjoy the outdoors in this house that I was worried I went a little bit overkill on that, lol. Enjoy!
  • Options
    aaron0haaronaaron0haaron Posts: 119 Member
    > @Sandraelle said:
    > QUESTIONS REGARDING CURRENT REQUESTS
    >
    > ****Bookmarking this thread while I am creating for you should help insure that you receive notifications.****
    >
    > Questions for @aaron0haaron
    >
    > 10/9/17
    >
    > Since your inspiration house is on such a huge "real life" lot, I will obviously need to modify the exterior grounds, but I will do my best at making it close to your pictures.
    >
    > 1. Obviously the game limitations can't match the decor exactly, but would you like the rooms decorated similarly to the rooms shown in your pictures? If so, I would probably use some of your other favorite colors in the bedrooms (Beige, Red, Blue, Yellow, Grey, Orange, Warm Neutrals).
    > 2. When you say pool/guest house, do you need it to contain sleeping quarters, or kinda like the picture shows where you have ramada with a living area, bbq, fireplace and maybe a bathroom?
    >
    > I guess that's all I can think of at the moment. I'm sure I'll have more questions as I get into it. Look forward to hearing from you.

1. No it doesn't have to be similar.
    2. Scratch the pool/guest house. I like the ramada with the bathroom idea better.

I know it's a huge build and like I said in my request, the layout is at your discretion since I couldn't find an actual floor plan. I'm most certain that whatever you come up with will be amazing.
  • Options
    @aaron0haaron , Thank you so much for getting back to me so quickly, I appreciate that!

I might steal a few ideas from the interior photos though, if that's ok. I happen to like some of the room decor and I do like to make my houses very realistic looking but just need to know what style you're after.

Do you like the way the kitchen cabinetry looks or are you wanting something entirely different? (like darker wood or a white, etc).

Are there any particular rooms that you really like the style of in this house? For instance, the theater room is quite specific, if you liked that look then I can try to duplicate it. And one of the living rooms is quite dark and European looking. Did you like that look or should I just do whatever? LOL

Please feel free to paste photo links of interiors you like, as I want to make the house the way you want it. :) I know you have to have a certain number of posts in order to paste links to the forums, so if you can send them to me in a private message, that might work as well.
  • Options
    @Sandraelle

Please do not try to replicate that theatre design. It’s awful and I’m trying to remove it from my memory.

For the counters I usually prefer dark wood with a granite or marble top.

I really like the exterior decor and I like the interiors in pictures 10, 11, 13 and 14.

The living room in picture 17, I was wondering if that could be an office instead. If so, I’d like the colors to be dark and masculine. Speaking of offices, there is one pictured in the photos but I don’t really like the colors. I’d like for that office to have a soft color palate. (Blue, Yellow, Pink)

That’s great you found something resembling a floor plan. I’ll work on getting some inspiration pictures for you.
  • Options
    @Sandraelle

Please do not try to replicate that theatre design. It’s awful and I’m trying to remove it from my memory.

For the counters I usually prefer dark wood with a granite or marble top.

I really like the exterior decor and I like the interiors in pictures 10, 11, 13 and 14.

The living room in picture 17, I was wondering if that could be an office instead. If so, I’d like the colors to be dark and masculine. Speaking of offices, there is one pictured in the photos but I don’t really like the colors. I’d like for that office to have a soft color palate. (Blue, Yellow, Pink)

That’s great you found something resembling a floor plan. I’ll work on getting some inspiration pictures for you.

LOL, ok good....I didn't really care for that theater design either. Yes, I will make that particular living room into an office (there's so many living areas in this house, lol). And I will make a second smaller office somewhere else in the soft colors you mentioned. Thanks.
  • Options
  • Options
    Yes I have most of the store content.
  • Options
    edited October 2017
  • Options
    Wow that is awesome!! I'd love to see more!

I know I didn't specify, but I'm so glad you put that bedroom in the basement cause that's where I wanted it lol.
  • Options
    Wow that is awesome!! I'd love to see more!

I know I didn't specify, but I'm so glad you put that bedroom in the basement cause that's where I wanted it lol.

Ok, cool. LOL...guess I was reading your mind. The drama queen's room is down there as well, haha! I hope the other kids don't get jealous because these 2 rooms happen to be the largest and your inspiration pics of theirs was the only ones that had a little sitting room area, lol.
  • Options
    Ha, they get along the least so that should be fun.

They'll get over it. Someone has to get the short stick.
  • Options
    Ha, they get along the least so that should be fun.

They'll get over it. Someone has to get the short stick.

Good news....their bedrooms are on opposite sides of the basement! haha

I have another sneak peek of the exterior for you here.
  • Options
    Wow I LOVE it!!! It looks amazing!!!
  • Options
    Wow I LOVE it!!! It looks amazing!!!

That's great, I'm thrilled! Whew! :)