Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do any of your family members play the Sims?

Comments

• Options
    snarklessnarkles Posts: 244 Member
    I got into the game in the first place because my dad told us about a building demo for TS1 before the game was released. I always played, but I have very fond memories of sitting beside him and watching him play the Snooty Patootys, having them adopt a baby and naming it Spot, and then getting it taken away by social services. It was magical. He doesn't play anymore, though, but maybe that's for the best... :wink:

My sister plays, as well. I am also the type of person to get people infected with the Sims bug wherever I go. My friend and neighbor became obsessed with TS2 when I was a kid and then in college I got my best friend/roommate obsessed. It's great. My mom tried playing once, but she just built a random room, put a sink in it, and quit.
    xSfr2Kh.jpg
  • Options
    DarkSuperNinjaDarkSuperNinja Posts: 1,204 Member
    My dad played TS1 since it came out, and he got me and my sister both obsessed with it! xD My sister is 5 years older than me, so she wouldn't let me play on TS3 when it came out because she didn't want me screwing up her saves! :(

However, ironically, a few years ago, she was playing the Sims 3 on MY computer (I bought my own version because she wouldn't let me play hers) and SHE SAVED OVER MY SAVE GAME BY ACCIDENT! Around the same time, she also broke my keyboard by knocking a full can of ginger beer on it, and what makes it even more annoying is that I NEVER screwed up her Sims 2 saves, or poured anything on her keyboard, yet she didn't trust me! :/ She is literally the reason I don't trust other people with my computer, not even my dad! xD

ANWYAYS, my dad doesn't play anymore, but me and my sister play all the time! :)
  • Options
    AvaSims4080AvaSims4080 Posts: 810 Member
    My younger sister is addicted to TS3, even though her old laptop can barely contain the unbelieveable amount of stuff she downloads. My brothers are too engrossed in more violent video games than Sims. My parents, on the other hand, have seen me play TS4 multiple times but they think it's silly.
  • Options
    LluviaRainLluviaRain Posts: 2,199 Member
    My brother play sims 4.
    Not sure what to put here... so hi
  • Options
    Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    I played with my two brothers to TS2. It was the better... :smile: Now, i'm the only one who plays.
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • Options
    SquidlyDiddlySquidlyDiddly Posts: 29 Member
    When I was younger I got my cousin into the Sims. When we would have sleepovers we would take turns playing our families. Those were the days.
  • Options
    TinySpaceFoxTinySpaceFox Posts: 1,110 Member
    My sister and I both play the Sims 3, and we watch each other play. We both love laughing at Sims doing silly things.
  • Options
    KiayrueKiayrue Posts: 137 Member
    Me and my sister both got into the game through my aunt & her friend who gave us some Sims 2 games to play on our laptop at home, it was great! I have only gotten back to the Sims recently and while I'm definitely the one who plays more (I own the game, after all), she still plays it from time to time. It's not like it has been in the past, but it's still fun to be able to share stuff!
    I also know some people who play Sims 3 and have some friends who would play it if they had a sufficient laptop.
  • Options
    SugarySimsSugarySims Posts: 36 New Member
    My sister used to play Sims 3 which is what introduced me to the game. However, she doesn't play anymore and hasn't tried Sims 4.
  • Options
    Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,428 Member
    edited May 2017
    Just me n' my wife. :D She's got every expansion that I have (Generations, Late Night and World Adventure) plus she also picked up Supernatural, hmmph!. Well...I want Ambitions...so I'm going to have get that. :D
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
  • Options
    simmer_whoviansimmer_whovian Posts: 275 Member
    Sadly it's only me in my family. I tried to get my sister hooked on the game, but it didn't really work. I have two good friends who are simmers, but they've both moved to live abroad, so it's not that easy to discuss the game with them anymore due to our clashing schedules. That's why I'm happy these forums exist - so I get to talk to other people who enjoy the game and read their thoughts about it.
  • Options
    RebbilinaRebbilina Posts: 377 Member
    My girlfriend plays quite a lot (we live together, so she's considered family) and my siblings play sometimes. I'm pretty much the sims nerd of the family though, the others play more casually.
  • Options
    BorntorunBorntorun Posts: 76 Member
    Nope, just me!
  • Options
    LyricSimsz15LyricSimsz15 Posts: 13,136 Member
    Both my parents and my uncle played the first game. My dad also played the sims freeplay. And i think my uncle still plays the first game (in our study the bookshelf has a couple expansion packs) I play the fourth game and freeplay.
    pN7cZBV.gif
    Just vibing...
    Check out my stories The Diversity Club and Lost Pride here on the forums!
  • Options
    EmilyLouise95EmilyLouise95 Posts: 27 Member
    My parents don't play video games, my brother plays on his xbox but has no interest in a life simulator game. No one i know from the rest of my family plays. Some of my friends from school and out of school used to play but not as much as me lol i used to make up an excuse if they asked my to go out i used to say my parents said i wasn't allowed but in fact i just wanted to stay in and play sims. I'm 21 now, so i don't actually know if any of my friends from school still play, i doubt it.
  • Options
    GoodywoodGoodywood Posts: 4,615 Member
    All of my family members played the sims at one time (TS1 and TS2). It was fun too. But sadly I am the only one who plays now. I also only played all the Sims in my family (1-4). And also my nephews are too young to play it atm :)
    PLEASE FIX TEENS IN TS4! I NEED YOUNGER TEENS NOT YA TEENS! (^_^)Please add Music Bands with lead singers! Please add vehicles and garages! Vehicles have always been part of The Sims.
  • Options
    LizzyX4LizzyX4 Posts: 69 Member
    My little sister and I play. We have since Sims 1. She's playing right now and I'm waiting for my turn. :) My oldest sister also plays, but she's still on Sims 3.
  • Options
    TrowiciaTrowicia Posts: 2,027 Member
    edited June 2017
    Nope. My older brother did 17 years ago and that as a result got me into it.
    17 years of simming, here I am, today. (I'm not as into it now as I was that long ago.)
    // take me back to 2018.
  • Options
    ChrisDadoskyChrisDadosky Posts: 39 Member
    My brother was really into it as a kid but he outgrew it. I like The Sims 1 and 2, and 3 is okay, but it's tone and orientation towards a wider consumer market has changed over the years. The differences between The Sims 1 and 4 are astounding, although some changes have been for the better.
  • Options
    xabbynip09xabbynip09 Posts: 17 Member
    The reason why I got into the sims is YouTube. I was trying to find something interesting to watch, until I thought the word, "The Sims 3". So I look it up for it as a let's play and I want it. I think I was 8 during the 2010 days and I beg my parents for it. My mom buy it on eBay or Walmart. However, the only thing I suck at is needs or motives as they called in sims 2/1. I make sure I fed them and survival needs stuff, but I always wonder if there's a thing to make needs don't go down. I thought there's none, so I kind of quit for that. A few years later, I was looking at Carl's Sims 3 guide and saw cheats section for it. All I have to do is enter the right cheat to make it work with other cheat things. So I got into the menu, enter it, and it work or I thought it didn't. When you enter the cheat in The Sims 4, it's active. But, The Sims 3 "and" 2 didn't says it. Then I kind of quit for a month or two. Then I re-read that, and enter it after CAS. It actually work the entire time! Just as I thought it's done, then I read about the cheat for lifetime points. I was like, "back to main menu for me." because it's loading time took for some 15 minutes, but it's The sims, what else you can think than lamas. For now on, I used cheats for Sims 2-4.
    "Now, don't you go shortening the word family by cutting out my three favorite letters. I-L-Y." ~Patton (Thomas Sanders) from Sander Sides
    tenor.gif
  • Options
    Minx11Minx11 Posts: 1,386 Member
    As far as I know, my sister is the only person. I play Sims 3, she plays Sims 4. We don't play each other's stuff - She couldn't care less about mine, if I go near her stuff, I will not live to tell the tale.
  • Options
    Bo_DummyBo_Dummy Posts: 2,243 Member
    I think my oldest niece does.
  • Options
    naninani Posts: 5,563 Member
    Me and my siblings play it
    A french girl who's been hanging out on the english sims forum for a year now.

tumblr_nj0devVCY61s3y9slo1_500.gif

• Options
    mckaliytmckaliyt Posts: 11 New Member
    My parents played the Sims even before I was born, so naturally my siblings and I practically grew up with the games. I've played every game except Sims 1, but I've got to say that Sims 2 is my favorite. It was a big part of my childhood. My grandpa used to play Sims 1. He wouldn't even upgrade to Sims 2 because he found it way too difficult. :D
  • Options
    lauravonawesomelauravonawesome Posts: 2,905 Member
    I have quite a few friends who play The Sims games. As for my family, though, it's just me.
    I own the store, as of 12/16/17!| Thank you | Friends?| DD Rotation & Sales Help

anigif_enhanced-19003-1450118526-12.gif