Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Achievement Glitches

Hi, all -

Here's what I'm finding:
- In my Achievements Career tab, each individual career is "unlocked" except for Athlete and Knack of All Trades. This should be correct. Except it's not.
- Contrary to the above, Knack of all Trades says I've only unlocked 7/10; my math says it should be 9/10. Also, it said 9/10 a few days ago but reverted back to 7/10 without explanation.
- My athlete career track is wonky. He's currently a Level 7 Hall of Famer...except that Hall of Famer should be level 10! It took him for-ev-er to get promoted to Hall of Famer as it was, so I was confused when he was only granted a raise recently and no promotion to the next level. Now I know why. Also, in his last three promotions, he didn't receive the goodies (two trophies and treadmill).
- Since his career path has gone awry, this is likely resulting in the achievement miscalculations.
- Possible cause: my athlete fell victim to the temporary career reassignment glitch that happened a few months back and I had to start his career all over again. It is possible that this resulted in a weird glass ceiling of sorts.

He obviously isn't the only one as my achievements are only registering 7/10. Finding out which other ones are affected may require that I complete ALL careers over again but I hope not. I have a few suspicions because I remember my Comedian somehow becoming a Police Detective and my Retired Criminal becoming a Retired Doctor. I did try to fix my Comedian but she was disallowed from writing new material and suffered the same glass ceiling promotion issue. I did not try the Criminal career again because I'm not fond of mean interactions and had never planned to have another Sim in either Criminal career path. Guess I'll have to suffer through if I want the achievement.

At any rate, I really hope these are the magic three and that I don't have to do all careers again to figure out which ones didn't calculate. I do have another Sim who just aged up and joined the athlete career so I'm going to switch over to her play her next and see if she encounters a similar glass ceiling fate (may take some time, though). Then I guess I need to find a new Comedian and a new Crime Boss!

No responses needed, really. Just posting in case anyone else has experienced the same.

Happy Simming!

Comments

• Options
    SimGuruDrakeSimGuruDrake Posts: 1,648 SimGuru (retired)
    I have passed this along to our QA team to look into.
    Global Community Manager for Maxis / The Sims
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,619 Member
    Hello.
    There are a few things that you could do that may help to fix up glitches in your game.

Remove any cc/mods that you have and see if that helps.

Repairing the game can help. To do that, right click on the sims 4 picture in Origin and click repair.

Try resetting your sims 4 folder and see if that helps. To do that, move your sims 4 folder ( that is in Documents -Electronic Arts - then the sims 4 folder is there ) to the desktop. Then start the game, and a new sims 4 folder will be generated. Exit the game and then add back the "options.ini" file and the "saves" , "screenshots" "tray" "custom music " and "mods" folders from the desktop sims 4 folder to the new sims 4 folder, replacing the new generated file/ folders with the old file/folders.

• Options
    simplydawnsimplydawn Posts: 181 Member
    I have passed this along to our QA team to look into.

I did not expect a SimGuru reply, so thank you! I feel so much cooler now LOL
  • Options
    simplydawnsimplydawn Posts: 181 Member
    edited September 2015
    rosemow wrote: »
    Hello.
    There are a few things that you could do that may help to fix up glitches in your game.

Remove any cc/mods that you have and see if that helps.

Repairing the game can help. To do that, right click on the sims 4 picture in Origin and click repair.

Try resetting your sims 4 folder and see if that helps. To do that, move your sims 4 folder ( that is in Documents -Electronic Arts - then the sims 4 folder is there ) to the desktop. Then start the game, and a new sims 4 folder will be generated. Exit the game and then add back the "options.ini" file and the "saves" , "screenshots" "tray" "custom music " and "mods" folders from the desktop sims 4 folder to the new sims 4 folder, replacing the new generated file/ folders with the old file/folders.

Hi, Rosemow!

No cc or mods. I fear them. LOL
    I also repair very frequently...just because. At least weekly.
    I've done a reset that and it didn't work.

No worries, though. I play a LOT of Sims. I think I currently have something like 15+ households with upwards of three dozen individuals so I'm sure to complete the achievement sooner rather than later. I was mostly posting in case anyone else was having a similar issue.

Your knowledge and offer of assistance are always appreciated, so thank you again.

Dawn

(edited for grammar)
  • Options
    XxxVengeancexxXXxxVengeancexxX Posts: 124 Member
    Wait... so your achievements actually stick around? I've had to give up on them because every time there is a patch or update for the Sims, it resets all of mine and I have to start all over again.

It also wipes out my graphics (and camera) settings for the game as well. Once a patch is applied or there is an update for the game ( and if the DLCs get installed), everything gets reset. Is this normal @rosemow? It can be incredibly frustrating...

Thanks for the hard work @SimGuruDrake, I appreciate the efforts from you and your team :smiley:
  • Options
    Wait... so your achievements actually stick around? I've had to give up on them because every time there is a patch or update for the Sims, it resets all of mine and I have to start all over again.

It also wipes out my graphics (and camera) settings for the game as well. Once a patch is applied or there is an update for the game ( and if the DLCs get installed), everything gets reset. Is this normal @rosemow? It can be incredibly frustrating...

Thanks for the hard work @SimGuruDrake, I appreciate the efforts from you and your team :smiley:

Hello @XxxVengeancexxX. The achievements should remain after a patch update. There sounds like there is an issue with your game. Has it been happening with after each patch with all your save files or did it only happen with the current save file?

Some simmers are finding that after a patch, the patch they need to reset their game options because they have been reset to default again.
  • Options
    Hi @rosemow, unfortunately it has been with several saves, even had to start everything from scratch a little while ago as I had a new laptop and... the same thing happens on here. Not really sure why its doing it to be honest.

You'd have thought that after various repairs and a fresh install of the game ( since I installed it on a different lappy), it would had sorted itself out but apparently not haha. It also happens with both Sims Ive made and those made by EA in the default houses. Its a little strange...
  • Options
    Hi @rosemow, unfortunately it has been with several saves, even had to start everything from scratch a little while ago as I had a new laptop and... the same thing happens on here. Not really sure why its doing it to be honest.

You'd have thought that after various repairs and a fresh install of the game ( since I installed it on a different lappy), it would had sorted itself out but apparently not haha. It also happens with both Sims Ive made and those made by EA in the default houses. Its a little strange...

I am not sure why the achievements in your game keep being reset after a patch update.
    Make sure that next time there is an update, that you have no mods/cc in your game when the game is updating.
  • Options

I am not sure why the achievements in your game keep being reset after a patch update.
    Make sure that next time there is an update, that you have no mods/cc in your game when the game is updating.

Afraid I don't use any custom content at the moment, no mods either ( although I'm thinking about it since the culling is a bit annoying). Might try copying my saves and putting them back after the next patch is applied, see if that will do the trick.
  • Options

Afraid I don't use any custom content at the moment, no mods either ( although I'm thinking about it since the culling is a bit annoying). Might try copying my saves and putting them back after the next patch is applied, see if that will do the trick.

That sounds a good idea to do that. I hope that it helps with the next patch.
  • Options
    Thanks @rosemow, when we have another patch I'll let you know how it goes :smiley: