Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Jail

How can i make a jail in the house with the cells and cell doors from get to work

Comments

• Options
    AyumapAyumap Posts: 3,425 Member
    edited September 2015
    Hold down:
    [Shift]+[Control] + [C]

Enter the following cheat:
    Testingcheats true

Hit enter then type:
    bb.ignoregameplayunlocksentitlement

Edit: (Goiing off of what Cement said) then also enter:
    bb.showhiddenobjects

Use all the "jail" items to design what you think the room looks like. You can lock the "gate" with the lock doors option after you put your "inmate" inside so they won't escape. (or you can leave a gap and use the "official" jail door. It does not function though so you'd have to go in and out of buy mode to place or remove it for access)

If the sim (inmate) is not part of your household, lure them in by talking to them and then select "Go here together". After they're inside the cell cancel the conversation and tell your sim to leave the "cell". Lock and place door as necessary.

Fence and Fence gate method:
    25aoifs.jpg25an1bl.jpg10ii3yd.jpg

Notes:
    • For some reason I had to use moveobjects to place both of the gate doors even though each gate was the correct (only) height.
      bb.moveobjects

• I don't know if "vanilla" Sims 4 allows you to lock gates because I use a mod; http://modthesims.info/d/552565.

Examples of a jail cell:
    The jail doors from the detective career don't function off the lot (apparently). So I used the "walls" and fences/fence gate:
    1z69v04.jpg
    2nqb2t.jpg
    ("wall","wall" fence and fence gate, "wall", "wall")
    Post edited by Ayumap on
    2m60a6q.jpg
    *There's nothing wrong with loving the Sims 4, there's also nothing wrong with seeking improvements.
    A list of Mods I use.|My Sims 4 Mod and CC "Master" post. Helpful Links included.
  • Options
    CementCement Posts: 3,505 Member
    The doors are in debug mode, so they're only accessible if you enter "bb.showhiddenobjects" in build mode. For some reason, you only get the cell walls through normal means. I'm not quite sure if the doors work in a residential lot. They could be career locked to use like the inventing machine thingy in the scientist career. :#
  • Options
    AyumapAyumap Posts: 3,425 Member
    Cement wrote: »
    The doors are in debug mode, so they're only accessible if you enter "bb.showhiddenobjects" in build mode. For some reason, you only get the cell walls through normal means. I'm not quite sure if the doors work in a residential lot. They could be career locked to use like the inventing machine thingy in the scientist career. :#

Updated my post to reflect what you said, thanks. :)
    2m60a6q.jpg
    *There's nothing wrong with loving the Sims 4, there's also nothing wrong with seeking improvements.
    A list of Mods I use.|My Sims 4 Mod and CC "Master" post. Helpful Links included.
  • Options
    dallymunoz21dallymunoz21 Posts: 99 Member
    Is there a way to get them to stay even when i leave the lot
  • Options
    DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,602 Member
    Is there a way to get them to stay even when i leave the lot

Lock them in there.
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    Tiabia123Tiabia123 Posts: 3 New Member
    Be wary when using fences and placing prison gates using bb.moveobjects cheat. When placing the gate at first, any part of the fence it touches will disappear and undo doesnt fix it, and when attempting to re-place the fencing it will register as already there as if its just invisible or something. GOOD NEWS is I found a way to get the fencing back from this; as you notice the fence disappearing; place the gate, then grab it and drag it across any "invisible fencing" and it will reappear. Weird but fixable bug! HAPPY SIMMING ALL :smiley: [P.S. as stated earlier, the gate will not merge with the fencing without moveobjects cheat.]
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,598 Member
    edited March 2016
    Tiabia123 wrote: »
    Be wary when using fences and placing prison gates using bb.moveobjects cheat. When placing the gate at first, any part of the fence it touches will disappear and undo doesnt fix it, and when attempting to re-place the fencing it will register as already there as if its just invisible or something. GOOD NEWS is I found a way to get the fencing back from this; as you notice the fence disappearing; place the gate, then grab it and drag it across any "invisible fencing" and it will reappear. Weird but fixable bug! HAPPY SIMMING ALL :smiley: [P.S. as stated earlier, the gate will not merge with the fencing without moveobjects cheat.]

Hello :)
    This thread on the AHQ EA site refers to your issue.
    http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/Invisible-Fencing/m-p/5112853#M21047
    It is to do with using moo.Try coming out of the game. Then reload the game and see if the fencing is there. It should be there then.
  • Options
    shacoriashacoria Posts: 247 Member
    If you reach the top of the detective career, you unlock prison items along the way, like bars and cot and toilet.