Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Not a cherry to be seen

So I've got a huge crop of apples growing in my legacy challenge to help supplement our income. But recently I've been wanting to diversify a bit. So I was reading that grafting a cherry onto an apple will produce pomegranates, a very rare and expensive fruit. So I've gone around to all the lots that supposedly grow cherries wildly, but not a one had a cherry tree as far as I could see. Am I just blind or could it be that there are no cherries in my game?

Comments

• Options
    ichchenichchen Posts: 84 Member
    edited September 2015
    One is in Oasis Springs... by the Springscape behind the Park. I don´t know wether there is another one or not.

Edit: I just looked it up. There should be a tree in the Sylvan Glades too. :smile:
    Please don´t zagadoo me. I cannot deal with something like this and will have nightmares eventually. Like this one time, when I dreamed about a scary woman that told me "YOU RULE" in this very creepy voice and then clapped her hands, releasing a bunch of mindless dancers.
  • Options
    sbrownodowdsbrownodowd Posts: 4 New Member
    I've looked in all those locations and I've not seen them.
  • Options
    Sim_LucentSim_Lucent Posts: 689 Member
    Must be with the toddlers..
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,975 Member
    Look up cherry tree on the gallery and download a lot with some, I know there is a lot called Rosie's garden or something like that, and I believe the garden has all kinds of seeds ready to grow. I think I have found cherry trees on, or down from the landgrabb estate.
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    I know I've seen cherry trees in my game -- you don't even have to harvest the plant, just take a cutting and graft it but you have to be a pretty high level gardener (I think about level 6 or 7). Haven't done a gardening Sim for ages -- maybe I'll do that instead of having my insane homeless Sim get a job.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    FelicityFelicity Posts: 4,979 Member
    My first game, I managed to collect/graft all the plants. Given the closed world and the way plants work, that lost its luster quickly. Now I just cheat to get the seeds.