Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Assigning Weather And Seasons Into Appropriate Worlds

HIFreeBirdIHHIFreeBirdIH Posts: 1,410 Member
edited September 2015 in The Sims 4 Ideas Corner
So with the Seasons becoming an increasing topic in the community, I've decided to try and sort the weather and their connection with worlds into realistic effects. After all, you wouldn't want to have a white snowy landscape in Oasis Springs, would you. Anyway, here are my ideas.

Willow Creek: Weather will usually be sunny, but it rains frequently.

Summer: The weather will be sunnier and temperatures will be higher than average. Rain will occur sporadically, going on par with the randomness of summer rainstorms. Droughts can happen very rarely, reducing the amount of water in any body of water that is in the neighborhood. Plants will also become browner and require more watering than usual. Any plumbing items may also become unusable for short amounts of time as if bills weren't paid. If Sims are overdressed, they risk heatstroke and will faint if they stay outside too long.

Fall: Plants start to become shades of red, orange, and yellow, with the exception of pine trees. The weather becomes cloudy more often and the temperature drops and becomes a bit colder. Dead leaves begin to appear all over the ground where there are trees. Plants will give more when they are harvested, and certain plants will start to wither.

Winter: The temperature goes colder and plants will become lifeless. Snow can only appear halfway through the season, due to it being in a swamp area. Bodies of water have ice appear on the edges and flow with the water if it is a river. Garden plants will be dead. If Sims stay outside too long, they risk becoming cold and could possibly die if not appropriately dressed.

Spring: Plants come back to life and garden plants come back to life. The temperature rises to a normal state and it rains more often. Thunderstorms can happen more often and lightning can strike, causing fires and/or having the power go off and preventing you from reaching friends through your phone due to service being knocked out.

Oasis Springs: Weather will usually be sunny, but rain can occur here rarely. Rain has a greater chance in neighborhoods with bodies of water.

Summer: The temperature will reach its hottest point. Droughts happen more often and plants will require more watering in this area. Sims will need to go inside if they spend too much time outside. Heatstroke can be inflicted on Sims easier in this world. Plumbing items lose usability more often and the fridge can be overheated if the power goes out for too long. Sims must wear light clothing here. Plants in the area become slightly browner than usual. Small bodies of water can dry up if a drought lasts for too long. ex) A pond can dry up and will stay dry until a rainstorm occurs.

Fall: Plants will return to a normal state and any dried up bodies of water will refill. Sims will no longer be at a high chance of heatstroke, but they will still have a chance to have it due to the desert environment. Plumbing will no longer be an issue, but thunderstorms start during the Fall, possibly causing blackouts and leaving your Sims without service. Trees can also be struck by lightning and cause some

Winter: The temperature can drop suddenly on occasion, due to "a cold front coming in" (at least that's how I'd explain it) which can increase a chance for snow, or at least hail. If it snows, Sims living in Oasis Springs can gain a powerful moodlet, possibly happy. If it hails, Sims would be advised to stay inside. If they do go outside, they would be hailed on and could possibly be crushed by an abnormally large piece of hail. New death there.

Spring: Temperature will rise up and rainstorms can occur more often during this season. Many of the plants in Oasis Spring will bloom vividly, and Sims can gain a happy moodlet from being outside and seeing the "impossibly lush landscaping". Any puddles that occur during a rainstorm can dry up quickly after the storm is done.

Will continue to update as more worlds are added.
Just some random Simmer you probably don't even follow on the gallery! Gallery name's the same as my username! Did I just rhyme there?
xyIcMqt.png
Post edited by HIFreeBirdIH on

Comments

• Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    I'd like to have control of which weather hits which worlds. My desert Oasis Springs might be somewhere I imagine as snowy some of the year, or rainy some of the year, but with land that doesn't do much with all that precipitation :) I figure if cowplants can eat people, the weather can be weird too, at least in my saves.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    montanaprattmontanapratt Posts: 45 Member
    I wish there were weather/season changes too! I wish we could make it snow, especially for the Holiday pack we have. I'm from Australia, so it doesn't snow at Christmas time for me, but I liked how we could have Christmas morning in TS3 and make snow angels. Setting up the Christmas tree in TS4 just doesn't feel the same.
  • Options
    bythedreadwolfbythedreadwolf Posts: 832 Member
    That is an awesome idea! Each world would be more unique this way. I also see Willow Creek as a more rainy world while Granite Falls would be perfect for snow. I do hope weather won't behave the same in all worlds, it would be super weird to have snow in Oasis Springs.

I think the best option is to give the player control through options in the menu. Maybe we could assign there the type of weather we want for each world.
  • Options
    simmerLellasimmerLella Posts: 613 Member
    I neeeeeed to keep thinking of all the "worlds" as inside one town/village but I'm always all for everyone getting to customize. I'm all about customization, but I really don't want my town (worlds) unity to get broken (more than it is). (Although I'd kind of like to set rules for maybe certain areas having travel restrictions _I set_ but I'd also rather have moooore "worlds" then, otherwise meh.)

One reason is I don't want more than one gym, etc., taking up my precious little space!

So I'm only OK with a clear mountain area being colder, and I suppose by the water being breezier, but so far it's all by the water (which is beautiful but a huge tease hahaha).
    "Challenge everything"
    My Game Twitter
    tumblr_inline_pwgxs3dfiz1t4sbjh_500.jpg
    EA, fix the EA app & CAW EIG!
  • Options
    simmerLellasimmerLella Posts: 613 Member
    > @bythedreadwolf said:
    > That is an awesome idea! Each world would be more unique this way. I also see Willow Creek as a more rainy world while Granite Falls would be perfect for snow. I do hope weather won't behave the same in all worlds, it would be super weird to have snow in Oasis Springs.
    >
    > I think the best option is to give the player control through options in the menu. Maybe we could assign there the type of weather we want for each world.

To me it'd be weird everywhere, maybe just not always obvious. There are palm trees in all the base and GTW worlds. We need world editing or overrides before it can snow anywhere that isn't mountain, maybe Granite Falls. I don't yet have OR. OK maybe a little dusting, but not really more. I can't picture snow on/by the palm trees and I'd think they would just die off and problem solved, lol jk.

BTW, off-beach-sandiness isn't unheard of up north, although Cape Cod is honestly grassier than Oasis Springs, true (but on the cape we used to have a sand back yard! as a kid I found it weird [and annoying]).
    "Challenge everything"
    My Game Twitter
    tumblr_inline_pwgxs3dfiz1t4sbjh_500.jpg
    EA, fix the EA app & CAW EIG!
  • Options
    LordDarthSimsLordDarthSims Posts: 1,306 Member
    I also want this badly for I was bummed when the World AP's plant were autumn in the spring and summer, country worlds are the same as city and suburban worlds!