Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Heffner Legacy: [Updated 09/05] 4.29 The Cold Shoulder

Comments

• Options
    Maladi777Maladi777 Posts: 4,393 Member
    I was wondering if you readers would be interested in discussing my story more or if you prefer just read the newest chapter, leave a comment a wait for the next update. I would certainly welcome the opportunity to get to know my readers and their opinions better. And of course, as any author I love to gush about my story and characters, but I sometimes feel alone in this.

Gushing to yourself doesn't seem to have the desired effect, although it may be a good source of amusement for onlookers, like a family member walking into your room in the middle of your gushing ("You look extra hot today, Tony. Guess what's new? I have written a super fun conversation for you and Vincent. You're so gonna love it! Oh, no, don't put that shirt on just yet. Did I mention I've got this beautiful lady waiting for you in the future... Hey, mom. Who am I talking to? Er... nobody. Just humming to myself.")

Anyone there who's willing to join me and gush about the characters/plot and twists? Ask some questions, answer some? Such as Is there anything you would change in this story if you could?
    heffners_orig.jpg
    HEFFNER LEGACYSimblrHeffner Legacy Discussion │ Origin ID: Maladi
  • Options
    Jes2GJes2G Posts: 13,032 Member
    An opportunity for discussions will never be turned down.
    forum_final.png

Read Delicious Dishes & Dreams and more Stories By Jes2G!
    Origin ID: Jes2G | Forum Thread | Twitter | Tumblr
  • Options
    TheGeekGamezTheGeekGamez Posts: 706 Member
    I can relate to that situation Maladi :D I'd love to gush about discuss your story more!
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    I can relate to that situation Maladi :D I'd love to gush about discuss your story more!

That's great to hear! What do you think about my decision to have Tony arrested? Was it believable to you or do you think that The Meatball should have never been caught? :)
    heffners_orig.jpg
  • Options
    I took this picture yesterday and I just have to post this here, because the view is simply breathtaking. I hope you will agree with me. ;)

tony_San_Myshuno.png
    heffners_orig.jpg
  • Options
    chocischocis Posts: 186 Member
    Hi, I've been following your story for some time now (I'm responsible for most of your views from Poland :wink: ).

It's great that you're so inrested in the opinions of your humble readers. Abou your questions:
    It's a tricky one. My guess is everyone, me included, wishes Beryl was still alive, but at the same time I wouldn't change that. It was tragic AND beautiful, made sense from the narrative POV and started amazing storylines for this generation.
    I still hope Mr. Nightshade Jr. will grow up to he a decent person. He's cringy and creepy now, but he did save Kellie back in the day, so I want to like him.

Getting Tony arrested was a good move. Heartbreaking, sure, but this whole chapter was a masterpiece and it underlined just how much Tony loves his son. That's even more important part of his character than being a devilishly charming, witty and romantic vigiliante. So yeah, it was beliveable to me.
  • Options
    pammiechickpammiechick Posts: 12,262 Member
    Love to discuss my favorite story!

Anything I would change? Yes! The author would update more! ;)
    In all seriousness, I would have given us a bit more of Beryl and Tony before they separated the first time. That way their angst would be so much more painful. I was happy for the clandestine meetings you gave us, though, before she passed. I honestly wanted to throw a shoe at her when she turned Tony down at the ball.
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
  • Options
    chocis wrote: »
    Hi, I've been following your story for some time now (I'm responsible for most of your views from Poland :wink: ).

It's great that you're so inrested in the opinions of your humble readers. Abou your questions:
    It's a tricky one. My guess is everyone, me included, wishes Beryl was still alive, but at the same time I wouldn't change that. It was tragic AND beautiful, made sense from the narrative POV and started amazing storylines for this generation.
    I still hope Mr. Nightshade Jr. will grow up to he a decent person. He's cringy and creepy now, but he did save Kellie back in the day, so I want to like him.

Getting Tony arrested was a good move. Heartbreaking, sure, but this whole chapter was a masterpiece and it underlined just how much Tony loves his son. That's even more important part of his character than being a devilishly charming, witty and romantic vigiliante. So yeah, it was beliveable to me.

Greetings, my dear neighbour from Poland! ;) Miłego dnia życzę. Welcome and thank you so much for your comment. I'm often asking myself if my readers see logic in what I'm doing to the characters. It's a big relief to learn that they do.
    I had been agonizing over the necessity to kill Beryl for some time before I did it. The idea actually came to me after my friend posted something about the Game of Thrones. George Martin is an author who isn't afraid to kill his characters and it makes his books so thrilling. The abduction of Beryl and Chris had been planned long time before that. I think I might have even planned for Tony to have to choose which one of them he's going to save first, but both of them were supposed to survive. Then I asked myself, if the abduction itself would be enough for Chris to start hating his father. I thought it wouldn't. But what if Beryl was killed in fron of Chris' eyes? Such experience would shake him to the core. It would change everything. And it did. He completely abandoned his dream about becoming a scientist like his sister. And he had a good reason to hate his father. For all that Beryl had to be sacrificed. :'(

Thomas is a bit weird like all the Nightshades, but he's the nicest of them. He's not a bad guy, well, he hasn't been so far and it's nice of you that you want to like him. He deserves some love. I'm not sure yet what his father's business and his tricks will do to him. But we will have other interesting characters to watch. Emily for instance. :)

Thank you again for sharing your opinion. It's greatly appreciated.
    heffners_orig.jpg
  • Options

In all seriousness, I would have given us a bit more of Beryl and Tony before they separated the first time. That way their angst would be so much more painful. I was happy for the clandestine meetings you gave us, though, before she passed. I honestly wanted to throw a shoe at her when she turned Tony down at the ball.

I have to agree. I would give them more time now if I could. Their mutual teasing was priceless. I was quite surprised how many people mentioned they miss it. So do I. I'm planning to make up for that. We'll see how that goes. You want more angst? I'll see to it that you get it from all sides.

Tony needs to talk more, he's fun to listen to. Even @Jes2G seems to like it when Tony talks. :)
    heffners_orig.jpg
  • Options
    cecerose0208cecerose0208 Posts: 1,521 Member
    Maladi777 wrote: »
    I took this picture yesterday and I just have to post this here, because the view is simply breathtaking. I hope you will agree with me. ;)

tony_San_Myshuno.png

I love this! I'm reading this thread on my cell on the subway, so the picture loaded so slow, just a few rows of pixels at a time. Felt like my phone was teasing me, lol. I swear, San Myshuno should be a camera filter! Everyone looks better in pictures with the sun filtering through the city architecture.
  • Options

tony_San_Myshuno.png

I love this! I'm reading this thread on my cell on the subway, so the picture loaded so slow, just a few rows of pixels at a time. Felt like my phone was teasing me, lol. I swear, San Myshuno should be a camera filter! Everyone looks better in pictures with the sun filtering through the city architecture.

Oh my, just imagine if Tony wasn't wearing that fancy suit. Now that I would call teasing, if it would load as slow as you describe. That would be excruciating and I might even need a CPR if I was on the subway with you... ;)
    heffners_orig.jpg
  • Options

That's great to hear! What do you think about my decision to have Tony arrested? Was it believable to you or do you think that The Meatball should have never been caught? :)

I think it was beleivable. Tony would do anything for his son. The only thing I don't agree with was his quick surrender. I feel like would've at least resisted arrest a bit.
    Maybe two or three seriously injured/dead cops.
  • Options
    chocischocis Posts: 186 Member

Greetings, my dear neighbour from Poland! ;) Miłego dnia życzę. Welcome and thank you so much for your comment. I'm often asking myself if my readers see logic in what I'm doing to the characters. It's a big relief to learn that they do.
    I had been agonizing over the necessity to kill Beryl for some time before I did it. The idea actually came to me after my friend posted something about the Game of Thrones. George Martin is an author who isn't afraid to kill his characters and it makes his books so thrilling. The abduction of Beryl and Chris had been planned long time before that. I think I might have even planned for Tony to have to choose which one of them he's going to save first, but both of them were supposed to survive. Then I asked myself, if the abduction itself would be enough for Chris to start hating his father. I thought it wouldn't. But what if Beryl was killed in fron of Chris' eyes? Such experience would shake him to the core. It would change everything. And it did. He completely abandoned his dream about becoming a scientist like his sister. And he had a good reason to hate his father. For all that Beryl had to be sacrificed. :'(

Thomas is a bit weird like all the Nightshades, but he's the nicest of them. He's not a bad guy, well, he hasn't been so far and it's nice of you that you want to like him. He deserves some love. I'm not sure yet what his father's business and his tricks will do to him. But we will have other interesting characters to watch. Emily for instance. :)

Thank you again for sharing your opinion. It's greatly appreciated.

Dziękuję! I spend so much time on foreign forums that it is strangely nice to read something in my own language. :smile:

You don't have to worry, your story is logical... in a twisted kind of way. Beryl was a bold move that show just how high the stakes are. I cried A LOT, so I can't even imagine how you must have felt.
    Abduction itself was dramatic, of course, but you're right- Chris would probably get over it soon and we, the readers, would be glad, but our jaws wouldn't have dropped to the floor.

I'll make it offical: I'm rooting for Thomas, just not for him being with Kellie. Oh, and I can't wait for the rest of Emily's story. She seemed lovely. My guess is she has an abusive husband/family member.

Glad to be a part of the discussion :)!
  • Options

I think it was beleivable. Tony would do anything for his son. The only thing I don't agree with was his quick surrender. I feel like would've at least resisted arrest a bit.
    Maybe two or three seriously injured/dead cops.
    I know I too wished I could unleash Meatball on them. :)
    However, in a room full of loaded guns and being very familiar with what they can do to a human body, you don't want to risk any of those guns going off when there's your child standing in the middle.
    heffners_orig.jpg
  • Options
    Dziękuję! I spend so much time on foreign forums that it is strangely nice to read something in my own language. :smile:

You don't have to worry, your story is logical... in a twisted kind of way. Beryl was a bold move that show just how high the stakes are. I cried A LOT, so I can't even imagine how you must have felt.
    Abduction itself was dramatic, of course, but you're right- Chris would probably get over it soon and we, the readers, would be glad, but our jaws wouldn't have dropped to the floor.

I'll make it offical: I'm rooting for Thomas, just not for him being with Kellie. Oh, and I can't wait for the rest of Emily's story. She seemed lovely. My guess is she has an abusive husband/family member.

Glad to be a part of the discussion :)!

I'm always on the moon when I find out after reading someone's blog in english that they are Czech like me. I found two Czech simblrs yesterday, one of them is a pose creator. It's such a strange feeling, makes me giddy, it's like being on a vacation abroad and meet Czech tourists there. I feel the same way about Slovak and Polish simmers too, astonished every time by their existence. I know it's silly. :D

Emily is a really lovely character. And you're right about her husband, things are much worse than that though. I can't wait to start revealing more about her! It reminds me that I she has some letters to write. :)
    heffners_orig.jpg
  • Options

I have to agree. I would give them more time now if I could. Their mutual teasing was priceless. I was quite surprised how many people mentioned they miss it. So do I. I'm planning to make up for that. We'll see how that goes. You want more angst? I'll see to it that you get it from all sides.

Tony needs to talk more, he's fun to listen to. Even @Jes2G seems to like it when Tony talks. :)

What do you mean even Jes2G?? LOL Jes2G loves Tony's shenanigans. :p
    forum_final.png

• Options
    I missed that there was a question already. I think having Chris turn in Tony was the right move. It would be completely unbelievable if he never gets caught because even the most illusive criminals always get caught at some point. And, because Tony is so good, the only way he would get caught is by the hand of his son. So, bravo! How long he stays caught is another situation. ;)
    forum_final.png

• Options

I didn't answer this one.

I understood why Tony got caught. That familial love was stronger than his Meatball senses. And it will be that much more fun to watch him escape!
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
  • Options
    Jes2G wrote: »
    I missed that there was a question already. I think having Chris turn in Tony was the right move. It would be completely unbelievable if he never gets caught because even the most illusive criminals always get caught at some point. And, because Tony is so good, the only way he would get caught is by the hand of his son. So, bravo! How long he stays caught is another situation. ;)

I'm a little worried what you're going to say when I move to the next phase of Tony's suffering. I see some baffled faces in the future. I hope I'm wrong. :)
    heffners_orig.jpg
  • Options

I understood why Tony got caught. That familial love was stronger than his Meatball senses. And it will be that much more fun to watch him escape!

Oh you have no idea. (I hope.) But it will become clear how he's going to break out the moment we get to stage 2 (dun dun dun duuun). I suppose no one expects him to stay incarcerated forever, although I could throw a death sentence in the mix to spice things up. It would make no difference in the end.

Question: How would you like to see him escape? Should he have help (whose?) or should he do it all by himself by causing a prison riot and cutting/shooting his way out? ;)
    heffners_orig.jpg
  • Options

Oh you have no idea. (I hope.) But it will become clear how he's going to break out the moment we get to stage 2 (dun dun dun duuun). I suppose no one expects him to stay incarcerated forever, although I could throw a death sentence in the mix to spice things up. It would make no difference in the end.

Question: How would you like to see him escape? Should he have help (whose?) or should he do it all by himself by causing a prison riot and cutting/shooting his way out? ;)

I think he should be really sneaky about it. In a way that no one knows how he did it, just that He did. He is equally clever as he is his strong after all. as for help, Vincent? or maybe Chris if he changes his mind, or maybe even Kellie! he did say she had potential as his apprentice after all. Though I don't know if He would let her help in fear of Beryl returning to haunt him.
  • Options

The way to make things stronger is to have the main character solve the problem himself. So...in order to do that HE has to be in charge. Go from there...I don't want to say anything more. ;)
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
  • Options
    Jes2G wrote: »

I'm a little worried what you're going to say when I move to the next phase of Tony's suffering. I see some baffled faces in the future. I hope I'm wrong. :)

>:) You should always be worried about what I'm going to say LOL
    forum_final.png

• Options
    I don't care to know how he's going to escape or even speculate. I want to be surprised. ;)
    forum_final.png

• Options
    SterretjeeeSterretjeee Posts: 3,019 Member
    @Maladi, @pammiechick, @Marialein and others, I missed you all, too. It's so good feeling when you return <3:)

So glad to see you online again! Missed you around <3@roseinblack69