Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

JordanNicoleJJ's Stories and Legacies -- Simself legacy updated 8/26/16

I've made this thread to organize and share my stories in one convenient place for all of my lovely readers, as well as be more social with you all! Feel free to ask me questions, give me feedback, and all of that friendly stuff here.

legacyy.png
Sims and Such: A Simself Legacy
Founded by my Simself, this legacy documents her and her progeny's lives following Pinstar's legacy challenge rules. It's the first legacy I've attempted (and stuck with past generation 2), and I'm currently on generation 7.
This is my main story.

The Royale Legacy
This was is an attempt at the Disney Princess 10 Gen Challenge, finished at the beginning of generation 4. Follow Snow Royale and her seven children, Lucinda with her nontraditional antics, Tiana with her unrelenting ambition, and the baby of the family, little Annora, in this light-hearted tale.
I won't be updating this story anymore.

Building Newcrest and Such
As the name hints, this was an attempt at the # BuildNewcrest Challenge. Yusun of the tribe Crest of Wave has shipwrecked on the shores of Magnolia Promenade, and makes her way to a completely empty town where she determines to begin her own successful, long-lived tribe. The town is honorably named "Newcrest" when the second generation heir takes it as the family name, dubbing himself mayor. This story is ends at the beginning of generation three, with the generation three children move out on their own and start their own lives.
I won't be updating this story anymore.

Rebuilding Worlds -- A TS4 Rotation
This story began as a little genetics challenge, and turned into a full-blown rotational story beginning with five founding families and later expanding to eight. The point of this rotation was to explore the genetics of the game while rebuilding and repopulating the worlds using the guidelines of this challenge: Rebuilding Worlds.
I've narrowed this story's focus to one family and continued it on tumblr.

My Simblr
I post a multitude of things to this blog, but the main story is my Rebuilding Worlds challenge continued, focusing on the Flynn family. Follow along as their lives and Willow Creek continue to grow after Hurricane Mortimer.
This is my second main story.

If you're a reader of my stories, thank you! Your likes and comments are always loved. <3
Post edited by tipsycowplant on

Comments

• Options
    tipsycowplanttipsycowplant Posts: 1,757 Member
    Check out my most recent update of my Simself legacy here: https://simsandsuch.wordpress.com/2015/09/11/generation-6-chapter-4/
    In this chapter, see how Bliss is fairing in life and love with her newfound autonomy.
  • Options
    CathyTeaCathyTea Posts: 23,089 Member
    This is so useful and so much fun! It will help me keep up more easily with your stories! I really love your descriptions of them here--it's neat to hear your views about the writing choices you make. And what about that other challenge you invented? Something involving the New and Improved SimSelf in a contest with Don? LOL!
    Cathy Tea's SimLit Anthology

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
  • Options
    LOL I almost forgot about that challenge! That particular Simself is waiting patiently in my library for her turn at stardom. I'm planning on starting that story once my Simself legacy is done (if that ever happens...I thought I was so close to the end when I started gen 6...HA!).
  • Options
    I love your latest chapter! Bliss! She is really rocking that life! Oh! Let's link to this from Sistah Simstah! It's a great testimony of SimRomance (or Bromance, in this case).

So interesting with the bit about the childhood friend not being her choice. And he's a bit of a stalker, it seems!

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
  • Options
    edited September 2015
    He's such a stalker. -.- I was trying to play it down, because Bliss wouldn't want people to think her best childhood friend turned into a creepy stalker, but GAH. He shows up at the house every day! And at work! And at community lots! Give it a rest, kid.

We can definitely link it! Do you want me to link it under Bliss' page, or would it be better under a different section?
  • Options
    He's such a stalker. -.- I was trying to play it down, because Bliss wouldn't want people to think her best childhood friend turned into a creepy stalker, but GAH. He shows up at the house every day! And at work! And at community lots! Give it a rest, kid.

We can definitely link it! Do you want me to link it under Bliss' page, or would it be better under a different section?

Wherever you feel it best fits--how about Stories of Victory? It's pretty inspiring--after all, choosing the Bro over the good-looking genius childhood friend...

Re. the stalkering... In Goofy Love, you know how there are always these guys hanging around in nearly every shot? Parties, hanging out, and so on? Those are all the childhood friends or the ranger we moved in for potential spouse material--even your Townie that I downloaded! They drop by every single day! You can never lose those childhood friends!

• Options
    The Flynn family's first rotation is up! Sorry in advance for the image-heaviness; I couldn't resist -- this family is too adorable to not document! https://rebuildwillowcreekrotation.wordpress.com/2015/09/12/rotation-5-flynn/
  • Options
    Two Sims and Such updates in two days! Let's hope I keep this momentum. https://simsandsuch.wordpress.com/2015/09/12/generation-6-chapter-5/
    In this chapter, Bliss shares her views on her parents choice to age up rather than drink from the white cup.
  • Options
    ThePlumbobThePlumbob Posts: 4,971 Member
    Ooh, you have a thread now? Awesome, this will make my stalking efforts so much easier! :)
  • Options
    @ThePlumbob Well, I figured since you make it so easy for me to stalk you, I should return the favor. ;)
  • Options
    Finally! Inspiration hit me tonight, and I wrote up this post in about five minutes. I wrote non-stop and hit publish without any editing or second-guessing, and I'm really happy with how it turned out. This marks Akela's transition to "Keela Scales," applicant for Love Shot 2. Without futher ado, here's Log 2.6 of Building Newcrest and Such: https://buildingnewcrestandsuch.wordpress.com/2015/09/15/log-2-6/
  • Options
    We're back to the beginning with the rotation -- the Gilchrists: https://rebuildwillowcreekrotation.wordpress.com/2015/09/17/rotation-7-gilchrist/

Leland and Winona are closer than ever, Nikolas is growing up (but not too quickly), and a new addition to the family is on the way!
  • Options
  • Options
    I really need to get up to speed with your simself legacy! I've been a bit reluctant to jump into reading the SGAS madness, but I need want to get to know Marce and Bliss!
  • Options
    ThePlumbob wrote: »
    I really need to get up to speed with your simself legacy! I've been a bit reluctant to jump into reading the SGAS madness, but I need want to get to know Marce and Bliss!

@ThePlumbob Just skip the SGAS madness! You can always come back to it later when you've got days (and I mean days) to dedicate to it. xD
  • Options
    edited September 2015
    This Newcrest log is a bit different than my usual style, but for good reason. I'm not *technically* allowed to play the spares, aside from a bit of manual story progression. Therefore, this is just a "catch up" post on how the young adults of the family are doing -- Hani and Ailani have both moved out, married, and given Hale three grandbabies! https://buildingnewcrestandsuch.wordpress.com/2015/09/19/log-2-7/
  • Options
    We're back to the Ho'opi'i household in this rotation update: https://rebuildwillowcreekrotation.wordpress.com/2015/09/24/rotation-8-hoopii/

A new baby, birthdays all around, and a budding romance!
  • Options
    This one is all about Marceline: her life, her death, and her rebirth.

Generation 6; Chapter 7
  • Options
    Double-feature time over at Sims and Such: in chapter 8, find out how the family is fairing after Marceline's disappearance. https://simsandsuch.wordpress.com/2015/09/27/generation-6-chapter-8/
  • Options
    I was exploring the "Insights" tab of Wordpress today and found some really interesting stats for my Sims and Such blog!

First post was published December 26, 2014. It was originally entitled "An Introduction" (still has the slug lol) and later changed to "Generation 1; Chapter 1." It currently has the most comments (21).

All-time: 112 posts; 11,000+ views; 1000+ visitors -- Can we just take a second for how HUGE and AMAZING the SimLit community is?!

Total (awesome) Followers: 45; First Follower: @CathyTea, Newest (almost wrote 'Newcrest,' ohgawd) Follower: @JoieWilder

Total (wonderful) Comments: 565; Top 5 Commenters: Me (163), @CathyTea (109), @ThePlumbob (56), @aroseinbloom (43), @ShannonSimsFan (24)

These stats seriously blow me away. I just wanted to give a HUGE thank you to my amazing readers and fellow writers for all of your support, encouragement, and love. You're all so amazing; I couldn't ask for a better Simming community.
  • Options
    I couldn't resist...3rd Simself legacy chapter of the day! This one is from Nathanael's perspective; it was fun exploring his voice and love for Bliss. https://simsandsuch.wordpress.com/2015/09/27/generation-6-chapter-9/
  • Options
    Yowzers! And you and your blog (and your incredible Sims and amazing stories) so deserve it!

We should have another category: how many times reference is made of a) your Simming and Simming discoveries, b) your amazing Sims, and c) your incredible storytelling here on the forums.

I'm always saying, "Oh, and @JordanNicoleJJ has discovered this..." and "Oh! Did you know that @JordanNicoleJJ 's also doing that type of challenge?" and "Oh! @JordanNicoleJJ just noticed that..."

When you're awesome, you're noticed! :smiley:

• Options
    edited September 2015
    CathyTea wrote: »
    Yowzers! And you and your blog (and your incredible Sims and amazing stories) so deserve it!

We should have another category: how many times reference is made of a) your Simming and Simming discoveries, b) your amazing Sims, and c) your incredible storytelling here on the forums.

I'm always saying, "Oh, and @JordanNicoleJJ has discovered this..." and "Oh! Did you know that @JordanNicoleJJ 's also doing that type of challenge?" and "Oh! @JordanNicoleJJ just noticed that..."

When you're awesome, you're noticed! :smiley:

*wiltyflowers* But thanks. :blush:

I was mostly just shocked by how many SimLit readers there really are -- I didn't think Sims storytelling was that big of a thing! I figured I had maybe 100-200 visitors pass through this year, as that's about how many (I think) I've seen in the lounge/story-telling thread/etc. But wow. 1000. That's incredible!
  • Options
    Congratulations on the amount of visitors, that is amazing and you totally deserve it <3

I've been loving your simself legacy, so happy you've posted more updates for it yesterday! (Haven't fully caught up yet because I dread the day I won't be able to read multiple updates on it in a row haha) Each of the heirs is SO different and has such a strong personality.
  • Options
    Calling all Sim Creators!

From your responses to my last post, I’ve decided I want my 6th couple to come from you guys — my friends, the Simming community!

For those of you who are not familiar with this challenge, the rules are as follows:
    1. The couple must be straight out of CAS: no starting skills, jobs, etc.
    2. The couple may have any traits and aspirations you want.
    3. The couple may be married or single; please specify in your entry which it is.
    4. I will allow maxis-match cc. Please include links to any cc used.
    5. Most importantly, because this is a genetics challenge, you must choose one of these coupling options:
      • Native American Female | White Male (Note that I already have two of this coupling; your Sims will have to be really amazing for me to choose this coupling.)
      • Black Female | Hispanic Male
      • Asian Female | Black Male
      • White Female | Pacific Islander Male

Your entry should include their photo(s), traits, aspirations, and a bit about their backstory (how did they survive the storm, how did they meet, what their relationship is like, etc.). Please include what career you’d like them to have, if any, unless it is obvious from their aspiration. You may also include any “goals” you have for them (open a business, travel to Sixam, take regular family vacations to Granite Falls, ect.).

Your lovely Sims will be living in this home upon their move to Willow Creek, so you may want to keep that in mind whilst creating them:
    10-01-15_12-30-54c2a0am.png

Build Tour

Post your entries below, send me a PM, or make a post on your own blog and link it below or to the comments section of this blog post. The current “deadline” is October 12th, but let me know if you need more time. I can’t wait to see your Sims!