Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What are your favorite challenges and ways to play your game?

Hello all,

I am getting a little bored with my game play. There is still so much I haven't explored, but tend to stick to the same things. I only have the base game (got it a few months ago), and don't have the money to shell out for an expansion at this time. What are some of your favorite challenges and ways to play your game? I need some story ideas!

Comments

• Options
    CathyTeaCathyTea Posts: 23,089 Member
    The Pinstar Legacy is so awesome! It really helps you to explore all aspects of the game, and generational play is amazing. By the time gen. 5 rolls around, the Sims are so smart that they start making amazing decisions on their own! Having to play by Pinstar rules pushes the gameplay in ways that you might not choose on your own, and that's really fun. And to keep inspired with playing, you could always write a blog for it--that has helped me notice things I might look over, otherwise, and really slow down and enjoy the individuality of each Sim.
    Cathy Tea's SimLit Anthology

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
  • Options
    LynxaeLynxae Posts: 90 Member
    I agree with @CathyTea about the Pinstar Legacy Challenge. It was the first challenge I started playing on TS4 and the rules can make it both really interesting and really immersive. I have also had fun with the 100 Baby Challenge, the Rosebud Challenge, and the Disney Princess Legacy Challenge. All of them add interesting and unique twists and challenge that can drastic change the way you play your game. Also, these are all playable with just the base game or with any of the different packs! I hope you find something to pique your interest. :)

(I wor have linked to challenges but I am not able to get!)
  • Options
    ThePlumbobThePlumbob Posts: 4,971 Member
    I really recommend the Build Newcrest challenge . It's a spin on the classic Pinstar legacy where your family builds up the town of Newcrest throughout the 10 generations. Each generation has a specific task, for instance your founder is responsible for building the community park. It's just about different enough to make the legacy feel fresh again, and it really gives your family an additional purpose!