The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

yoga instructor

how many people wish there sim could be a yoga instructor

Comments

• Options
    SummerjaseSummerjase Posts: 1,424 Member
    There is if you go to the spa, you can join the yoga class for a certain amount of simoleans.
    giphy.gif
  • Options
    emzeo85emzeo85 Posts: 365 Member
    I no but I want to be the instructor lol
  • Options
    ZespriZespri Posts: 129 Member
    Yes, that would be awesome. I have one Sim who has maxed the wellness skill and is on her way to max the herbalism skill as well, yoga instructor would fit her perfectly, since she has such a 'zen' character. xD
  • Options
    so hope ea let us lol
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,709 Member
    Zespri wrote: »
    Yes, that would be awesome. I have one Sim who has maxed the wellness skill and is on her way to max the herbalism skill as well, yoga instructor would fit her perfectly, since she has such a 'zen' character. xD

Hello @Zespri :) Your sim sounds a nice sim to have in your game. She would enjoy visiting the Spa venues in your game.
  • Options
    can I ask quick question. my sims lvl 6 in the yoga skill but when I take her to classes she cant join
  • Options
    emzeo85 wrote: »
    can I ask quick question. my sims lvl 6 in the yoga skill but when I take her to classes she cant join

Hello @emzeo85.
    If the class has already started, she can't join the class. Once the class is announced beforehand, then she can talk to the yoga instructor and join the class. If there are no classes taking place, she can also ask the instructor to conduct a class.
  • Options
    tried tht wont let her join but my male can
  • Options
    tried tht wont let her join but my male can

Perhaps try repairing the game and see if that helps. Also try using the resetSim cheat on her. Test to see if it is only happening in one venue. She may be able to join a yoga class in another spa venue. Perhaps go into buy mode and make sure that the mat is the yoga instructors type mat and that the other yoga mats are within the space that is needed for the class.
  • Options
    leaving yoga for time being due to the bug. she looks like a man after she done yoga
  • Options
    DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,723 Member
    edited August 2015
    No thanks, my sim would gain too much muscle after 3 days teaching yoga. :D
    My Top Song of the Day: The Blackest of Birds by Fightstar
    Y2D8eAf.gif
  • Options
    RachelRosebudRachelRosebud Posts: 1,103 Member
    An interactive Wellness career would be awesome, like an extension of Get to Work. You can go to work at a spa and have goals to give massages and instruct yoga classes and stuff! :)
  • Options
    ConclueConclue Posts: 2,307 Member
    edited September 2015
    I feel like all too often the Sims team overthinks things. Coding your playable sim to assume the role of the NPC sim doing the instruction would not take much time, and it doesn't need to be a big fleshed out career. Just the option to moonlight for X amount of dollars per hour, doing it would immerse gameplay. I hope they think "less" in the future with little opportunities like this. Same goes with the massage therapists as well. The coding is there! how much more could it possibly have taken to do that? Just saying.
  • Options
    Simrissie_RykelSimrissie_Rykel Posts: 113 Member
    I would love to have yoga instructor as a career option!
  • Options
    ItsyourgirlVItsyourgirlV Posts: 8 New Member
    I agree, the updates wouldn't need to be full career paths but I have two sims that I would love if one could be paid as a yoga instructor and her hubby a massage therapist or vice versa and they could charge after the service like maids do or like how musicians get tips, maybe the amount earned goes up as their wellness skill improves.

They are both 'unemployed' but I am working on their wellness skills and having them massage or do yoga with other sims after a certain amount of 'clients' I would do a rosebud cheat as their payment. They have a small yoga studio/massage practice in their house.

I also would love if played sims could apply to work in the retail stores owned in the game as hourly wage but it would show in that they have a retail position. Also, that retail owners would show 'retail store owner' in their career so they aren't unemployed if they don't also have one of the game careers.
  • Options
    WhilteringAwayWhilteringAway Posts: 39 Member
    A yoga instructor career would be awesome.
    xyIcMqt.png
  • Options
    AubreyHartAubreyHart Posts: 132 Member
    It would have been a cool addition, but not something I would use gameplay wise.
  • Options
    belpitabelpita Posts: 1,445 Member
    Yes, I'd love some other physical activity/exercise option as a career rather than just the sporty one. So yoga instructor or dance teacher would be perfect!
  • Options
    pinkfairyqueenpinkfairyqueen Posts: 240 Member
    An interactive Wellness career would be awesome, like an extension of Get to Work. You can go to work at a spa and have goals to give massages and instruct yoga classes and stuff! :)

Maybe one day EA will patch this in? Cause I don't see why my sim can't run her own spa. lol. :)
  • Options
    pinkfairyqueenpinkfairyqueen Posts: 240 Member

I know you have another post on here saying you had your sim stop doing yoga, but if you do have her get back into it - I just wanted to say that I was having the same issue as you. My sims weren't participating. What I started doing as soon as the loading screen was gone and I had traveled to the spa , was click on the floor of the yoga area and have my sim walk to the room , then I would have him/her click on the teacher to join the class.

Unfortunately I think it's just one of those bugs/errors that won't go away because if you notice, when you show up at the spa their is like a ton of sims trying to walk through the door at the same time. At least that's what happens to me in my game. Then when I have tried to just click on the teacher for yoga, it would cancel my action instead or make it look like my sim was to late for class.
  • Options
    vessmevessme Posts: 492 Member
    I really wish my sim could be a yoga instructor. That would be a nice career too.
    tumblr_nc81zxn8g31qa6q9uo1_500.gif
  • Options
    jtourt2jtourt2 Posts: 2 New Member
    Yes, I agree being a Yoga and a Dance (Get Together) Instructor would be an excellent patch! It's such a small detail, but the small details really flesh out the game-making it far more realistic and appealing as a player, giving sims the kind of fluidity we experience in our lives. I hope they do consider adding it into the game.
  • Options
    SimmingLoveSimmingLove Posts: 280 Member
  • Options
    KenadiaKenadia Posts: 78 Member
    Aww that's so cool. I love when EA adds new careers in the game. Since the Athletic aspiration only has one choice while other Aspirations has more than one branch to pick, maybe they could add yoga instructor to that aspiration. Would be awesome.
    2nlfmg7.png
    My legacy: Zest in the City