Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Alright. I took your advice. Supernatural time!

I have just bought and downloaded supernatural. Great, right?
I'm sort of nervous, though. I'm worried that I won't like it...
Only one way to find out, though. Time to dive in!
Wish me luck!

Comments

• Options
    SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,828 Member
    edited August 2015
    Well, do you like occult life states? :D If you don't want these creatures overrunning your towns then you will need to turn them off with EAs Story Progression or NRaas Story Progression mod. SimsVIP Supernatural Game Guide

For a pack that I thought I wouldn't like it ended up being a top favorite of mine. I spent weeks exploring and it was great. I'm still exploring it and I currently have Argus Brown in Midnight Hollow so I can play with werewolves. He is dating Agnes Crumplebottom from Sunset Valley and I'm going to make her into a witch so they can make elixirs together. Werewolves can hunt to find things that elixirs require.
    i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
  • Options
    rosey1579rosey1579 Posts: 6,252 Member
    Well, do you like occult life states? :D If you don't want these creatures overrunning your towns then you will need to turn them off with EAs Story Progression or NRaas Story Progression mod. SimsVIP Supernatural Game Guide

For a pack that I thought I wouldn't like it ended up being a top favorite of mine. I spent weeks exploring and it was great. I'm still exploring it and I currently have Argus Brown in Midnight Hollow so I can play with werewolves. He is dating Agnes Crumplebottom from Sunset Valley and I'm going to make her into a witch so they can make elixirs together. Werewolves can hunt to find things that elixirs require.

Then it's a good thing I LOVE life states! I made a vampire! It sounded like the least weird out of them... And also the easiest to understand...
  • Options
    I'm LMAO at the VVVs that come out when they sleep. Lol!
  • Options
    IreneSwiftIreneSwift Posts: 6,247 Member
    I like SN, and I don't even play with supernatural life states!
  • Options
    IreneSwift wrote: »
    I like SN, and I don't even play with supernatural life states!

If you had to play as a Supernatural, what would it be?
  • Options
    sarahjayehsarahjayeh Posts: 15 Member
    I have all expansion packs but I got supernatural last just because I didn't think I would like it. I didn't at first, except for the clothes and objects, but eventually I grew to love it. Fairies are a lot of fun, but so far my favorite are witches. One of my favorite sims ever was a witch I made who lived alone in a big mansion with 6 cats. She was a mean spirited loner, so it was really fun to have her curse sims when they dared to show up at her front door. Also they have a spell to clean and repair every object on their lot in one go which I find really hard to live without now.

I ended up changing the moon cycle so I wouldn't have to deal with zombies and the weird green color at night, but occasionally I'll turn it back on for a bit if my game needs some drama. Fairies can be a lot of fun too, and I'm excited to try a vampire, which is the only life state I haven't played yet.

I also think that supernatural and world adventures compliment each other well, just in case you decide on another expansion pack in the future. For me, the hardest part of adventuring is keeping motives up, so some of the supernatural life states provide a huge advantage there. Witches can cast spells to max most of their motives, and fairies can bring their fairy house along with them and enter it while they're deep in a tomb. It wasn't until I got supernatural that I fully explored world adventures.
  • Options
    First Impression time!
    It's interesting to see all the different types of Supernaturals, but it really changes the game a lot. I'm not sure about everything yet...
    Also, vampires are boring. There. I said it. Except for VVVs. Still find that so funny!
    I'm thinking I'll play a normal sim for a while... Or maybe a wizard! (My game crashed)
  • Options
    ParyPary Posts: 6,871 Member
    Werewolves are a lot of fun to play and have some funny, and interesting abilities and interactions. I also love witches. When the pack first came out, and I saw fairies, I moaned and groaned a lot about them until one day I actually made one, and played her - and I found out that fairies are fun too, with some really cute abilities.
    Sims 3 Household Exchange - Share your households!
    PoppySims Archive
    InnaLisa Pose Archive
    Devolution of Sims - a once customisable open world sandbox which has become a DLC Party catalog in a shoebox
    I ♡ Pudding
  • Options
    moonandsixpensmoonandsixpens Posts: 553 Member
    Yep vampires are boring. They are only useful if you want your sim to learn all things super fast. They are not intimidating at all :/
    tumblr_noncvdlzEI1unxm84o1_540.png

• Options
    Yep vampires are boring. They are only useful if you want your sim to learn all things super fast. They are not intimidating at all :/

They make me go VVV.
    Pary wrote: »
    Werewolves are a lot of fun to play and have some funny, and interesting abilities and interactions. I also love witches. When the pack first came out, and I saw fairies, I moaned and groaned a lot about them until one day I actually made one, and played her - and I found out that fairies are fun too, with some really cute abilities.

So basically: I just chose the dud life state.
  • Options
    ParyPary Posts: 6,871 Member
    Well, I wouldn't say a dud... As much as I love my vampires, I do think that the other supernaturals have quite a few more and different abilities. My advice would be to create a household of one of each, and see which ( if any ) really appeal to you :)
    Sims 3 Household Exchange - Share your households!
    PoppySims Archive
    InnaLisa Pose Archive
    Devolution of Sims - a once customisable open world sandbox which has become a DLC Party catalog in a shoebox
    I ♡ Pudding
  • Options
    Pary wrote: »
    Well, I wouldn't say a dud... As much as I love my vampires, I do think that the other supernaturals have quite a few more and different abilities. My advice would be to create a household of one of each, and see which ( if any ) really appeal to you :)

Mmm...
    What about zombies? Are they cool?
  • Options
    MoonandStars83MoonandStars83 Posts: 1,735 Member
    As far as I know, zombies only show up during the full moon. That, and I've never actually played a Sim that turns into a zombie. I know they destroy gardens, though.
    I voted for you, Kevin.
    640?cb=20100910030718
    My Sims 3 Exhange Studio
    My Blog // Click me if you dare.
  • Options
    As far as I know, zombies only show up during the full moon. That, and I've never actually played a Sim that turns into a zombie. I know they destroy gardens, though.

Well, now I've got "Zombies on your lawn" in my head. Thanks.
    There's a zombie on your lawn...
    We don't want zombies on the lawn...

I know your type: Tall dark and dead
    You want to bite the petals off of my head...
    Something something eat my brains...
    We are the undead...
  • Options
    You're welcome. I try to help whenever I can.
    I voted for you, Kevin.
    640?cb=20100910030718
    My Sims 3 Exhange Studio
  • Options
    You're welcome. I try to help whenever I can.

Cool. :)
    What's your fave life state?
  • Options
    WOAH! Did that picture just change?!
  • Options
    My picture? No. As for lifestates, I like fairies and witches. Never played a werewolf, though, so that may change. And, of course, there's the various other occult/supernatural lifestates that are nifty. Ghosts are fun, and rarely have blocked path routing issues. Genies, from what I remember, can be fun. Imaginary friends are basically human. I lost my game that had PlantSim and Alien children, so I haven't played one of those since Sims 2.
    I voted for you, Kevin.
    640?cb=20100910030718
    My Sims 3 Exhange Studio
  • Options
    SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    Yeah - most of the paintings that come with Supernatural change at night in a "haunted house" kind of way. :)

• Options
    Sindocat wrote: »
    Yeah - most of the paintings that come with Supernatural change at night in a "haunted house" kind of way. :)

Remind me NEVER to buy them.
  • Options
    Unless I specifically want that effect for some reason, I don't. :)
  • Options
    They're the ones with a purple ring around the thumbnail.
    I voted for you, Kevin.
    640?cb=20100910030718
    My Sims 3 Exhange Studio
  • Options
    I try to rid my game of creepy whenever I can.
    :s
  • Options
    I usually play fairies, but can see that they wouldn't appeal to everyone. I will recommend witches as interesting to play. They also look and play just like normal Sims, and simply have additional abilities, and can therefore blend pretty well into a more normal game.
  • Options
    bklienhartbklienhart Posts: 2,975 Member
    edited August 2015
    sarahjayeh wrote: »
    Also they have a spell to clean and repair every object on their lot in one go which I find really hard to live without now.

There's a bug with that spell. When you cast it, any food in the fridge gets spoiled as soon as it gets removed. To work around that, you have to remove the food, put it on the counter, then cast the spell and put the food back.

Genies from Showtime have a similar ability, which doesn't cause the food spoilage AFAIK.