Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

At a loss for words...

So I was playing my sim who was about to marry his longterm boyfriend. They got to the altar, everything looked to be going great, and suddenly out of nowhere he slapped his fiancé, turned around and made out with the girl he'd been seeing on the side who I thought was nothing more than a friend with benefits. I guess I was wrong, haha.

Comments

• Options
    MDancer9112MDancer9112 Posts: 1,086 Member
    What????
    Just...How...?
    giphy.gif
    Me watching GT at Gamescom.
    I'm back!!^-^
    Paradox forum name: aMazingSimmer
  • Options
    Aeroprincess87Aeroprincess87 Posts: 6,417 Member
    What????
    Just...How...?

I literally sat at my computer wondering what the heck had just happened, haha. I guess this game's AI finally kicked into high gear and did something great for once because I didn't plan any of this and have never seen the game do this before.
  • Options
    MDancer9112MDancer9112 Posts: 1,086 Member
    edited August 2015
    What????
    Just...How...?

I literally sat at my computer wondering what the heck had just happened, haha. I guess this game's AI finally kicked into high gear and did something great for once because I didn't plan any of this and have never seen the game do this before.

Do u have any pics?
    giphy.gif
    Me watching GT at Gamescom.
    I'm back!!^-^
    Paradox forum name: aMazingSimmer
  • Options
    edited August 2015
    What????
    Just...How...?

Do u have any pics?

No, honestly I was in so much shock that I didn't think to take any. But it was so hilarious that I'm thinking of not saving and trying to make it happen again.

Edit: Now he rolled a want to marry his side piece, oh lawd!
    randomstories_zpsl3hcvkpi.jpg
  • Options
    MightydanMightydan Posts: 2,983 Member
    Lmao what a strange yet amusing story!
  • Options
    DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,602 Member
    Haha, that's really interesting and funny. XD
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    TheOpheliacTheOpheliac Posts: 170 Member
    edited August 2015
    THAT.
    IS.
    AMAZING.
    He waited until the very last moment to run off with his side piece. Heel turn! :lol:
  • Options
    WyrrenWyrren Posts: 724 Member
    That's weird, and kind of amazing. lol. What does it say for the wedding rings emotion?
    Origin ID: Wyrren
  • Options
    aaronrulzaaronrulz Posts: 4,098 Member
    slapped? I haven't seen slapping in Sims 4!!
  • Options
    Wyrren wrote: »
    That's weird, and kind of amazing. lol. What does it say for the wedding rings emotion?

It says "Left at the Altar" and my sim is extremely angry right now even though he was the one who decided to call the marriage off.
    aaronrulz wrote: »

I hadn't either. I don't know if it was a glitch or what, but it was hilarious. I wanna keep playing now just to see what happens, haha. His lover stayed the night after he kicked his now ex fiancé out of his house.

• Options
    Rukola_SchaafRukola_Schaaf Posts: 3,065 Member
    Wyrren wrote: »

It says "Left at the Altar" and my sim is extremely angry right now even though he was the one who decided to call the marriage off.

I hadn't either. I don't know if it was a glitch or what, but it was hilarious. I wanna keep playing now just to see what happens, haha. His lover stayed the night after he kicked his now ex fiancé out of his house.
    your sim seems to mix up there something :lol:

did the fiance cheated on him ? or flirted with someone else ?

or does he have the insane trait ?

what do the descriptions of the moodlets of the fiance say ?

i won't be participating in the forums & the gallery anymore - thanks EA
  • Options
    ModerateOspreyModerateOsprey Posts: 4,875 Member
    Brilliant :grin:

Lovely example of emergent gameplay, right there.
    Awake.
    Shake dreams from your hair
    My pretty child, my sweet one.
    Choose the day and choose the sign of your day
    The day's divinity....
    The Ghost Song - Jim Morrison
  • Options
    aaronrulzaaronrulz Posts: 4,098 Member
    What was the relationship status bar between the groom and the girl....was it more pink (romance) than green (friends)? any green?
  • Options
    HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    I'm interested to know their traits too. Jealousy can get them pretty mad now. I know this sounds weird but were they flirty... and did maybe his fiance flirt with his side piece? He might have seen that and become enraged.
    egTcBMc.png
  • Options
    AssimuloAssimulo Posts: 1,322 Member
    Yeah, the AI in this game is phenomenally entertaining. I've never found myself having so much fun in live mode.
  • Options
    Lex2221Lex2221 Posts: 972 Member
    So I was playing my sim who was about to marry his longterm boyfriend. They got to the altar, everything looked to be going great, and suddenly out of nowhere he slapped his fiancé, turned around and made out with the girl he'd been seeing on the side who I thought was nothing more than a friend with benefits. I guess I was wrong, haha.

I want some unpredictable sims. Maybe I need to explore more.
    2ahzmo1.gif
  • Options
    Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    Hi :)

Wow! So, they went to the alter in a Happy Mood and Poof! his mood changed and he actually attacked her with a slap? How strange- what mood boosts are there, do insane sims go that insane? O.O

That is actually a strange story. :lol:
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    I would like that mod you are using to make Sims slap each other autonomously. Can you tell us which ones you do have installed?
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    PHOEBESMOM601PHOEBESMOM601 Posts: 14,595 Member

Me either. I pushed two Sims into fighting and just as one of them raised a hand to slap the dust cloud appeared.

Cinebar wrote: »
    I would like that mod you are using to make Sims slap each other autonomously. Can you tell us which ones you do have installed?

I would too. I'd like a good slap once in a while.

"People really love to explore 'failure states. In fact, the failure states are really much more interesting than the success states." ~ Will Wright
  • Options
    UltraUltra Posts: 826 Member
    Are you sure you weren't playing the sims 2? That would never happen on the sims 4. Nothing spontaneous happens in the game
  • Options
    SlyvanasSlyvanas Posts: 855 Member
    edited August 2015
    I've seen this happen one time in my game. They were at the altar. But one of them were angry at something. My sim girl reached over and caressed her soon to be husband cheek. The next thing I knew he slapped her. He got he moodlet " left at the altar" and she got a moddlet " dodged a bullet" LOL.

I had to do se serious things to repair their relationship.
    oxv0Rm8.png
  • Options
    HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    Wait .. there was an actual slap in the game? I've seen the jealousy, anger yelling fights... but I haven't seen a slap. I might have to test this out... sounds cool.
    egTcBMc.png
  • Options
    PHOEBESMOM601PHOEBESMOM601 Posts: 14,595 Member
    Slyvanas wrote: »
    I've seen this happen one time in my game. They were at the altar. But one of them were angry at something. My sim girl reached over and caressed her soon to be husband cheek. The next thing I knew she slapped her. He got he moodlet " left at the alter" and she got a moddlet " dodged a bullet" LOL.

That seems so odd that they would include that.

Franklin on Sim violence...she thinks shaking a finger is too abusive.

http://www.theguardian.com/technology/2014/aug/27/sims-4-gaming-reality-tv
    “I’ll give you an example,” she says. “We have an interaction named ‘yell at’, and it is accompanied by an animation where the sim who’s yelling points their finger at the other sim. In the first iteration, the sim on the receiving end shrank back a little bit, they cowered. It wasn’t much, it was a tiny movement, but it was too far. All of a sudden it became uncomfortable, because it took it from a fun gesture to ‘I am an abuser’. That’s not acceptable.

"People really love to explore 'failure states. In fact, the failure states are really much more interesting than the success states." ~ Will Wright
  • Options
    sunshineandsimoleonssunshineandsimoleons Posts: 8,413 Member
    edited August 2015
    I've never ever seen slapping in this game either (except for the "slap them silly" thing which is a mischeif interaction) and I doubt it was just a random "my sims slapped each other at their wedding even though its not a feature in the game" glitch. I'm not buying it.

Edited typo:)
    Post edited by sunshineandsimoleons on
    WLfAA9V.png
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    Slyvanas wrote: »
    I've seen this happen one time in my game. They were at the altar. But one of them were angry at something. My sim girl reached over and caressed her soon to be husband cheek. The next thing I knew she slapped her. He got he moodlet " left at the alter" and she got a moddlet " dodged a bullet" LOL.

That seems so odd that they would include that.

Franklin on Sim violence...she thinks shaking a finger is too abusive.

http://www.theguardian.com/technology/2014/aug/27/sims-4-gaming-reality-tv
    “I’ll give you an example,” she says. “We have an interaction named ‘yell at’, and it is accompanied by an animation where the sim who’s yelling points their finger at the other sim. In the first iteration, the sim on the receiving end shrank back a little bit, they cowered. It wasn’t much, it was a tiny movement, but it was too far. All of a sudden it became uncomfortable, because it took it from a fun gesture to ‘I am an abuser’. That’s not acceptable.

Right, Sims haven't auto slapped each other since the TS2. I do know they will slap a cop out on patrol which is rather funny as they come down the street looking pretty ticked off. But that is only triggered by a set of goals to go out and write a citation for Sims fighting. It won't happen anywhere else. I wish fighting would break out like in the TS2 it was funny and there were always back stories to the Sims' memory if you looked why they were mad at each other. Even in the townie memories.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.