Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Evolution of video games... Then evolution of the sims

emmaningemmaning Posts: 3,407 Member
edited August 2015 in Off Topic Chat
Hiya simmers :)
So today I decided to compare evolution of a wide variety (obviously not all) of video game franchises to the sims to see how much evolution in terms of graphics has happened. There are some great examples but some are just mediocre.
Note: I haven't labelled anything. Some are incomplete but still have a point >-<
Evolution-1.jpg
e494064f9c72eb3114cc94c7bd241cfd.jpg
maxresdefault.jpg
8D4P6LHFCMUM1416606770136.jpg
Bella_Goth's_Original_Appearances.png
wolfenstein-old-new.jpeg
Zu4dEOY.jpg
963C6EE8B0A73B371B70176F81B362013E7F0C1B

My point? That some video games have evolved a shocking amount while others haven't evolved at all and need work.
There are more I'd love to post but then it'd be way too image heavy.
feKqkxf.jpg

My blog: ning's backlog
Don't forget the forum rules are on the forum- go find 'em!

Comments

• Options
    Zoltank66Zoltank66 Posts: 19 New Member
    I love graphs like this; seeing how technology and graphics advance over the years is always so fascinating to me.
  • Options
    Savage_Patch_KiddSavage_Patch_Kidd Posts: 2,937 Member
    The Uncharted comparisons are amazing!!!! :star:
    tumblr_oy1xa2eHV31uvsi7jo2_1280.gif
  • Options
    icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    The Final Fantasy one is only up to XII, and it only shows the PS1 and PS2 characters as 2D spirites. :p Even Balthier is a sprite, and he's in the same game as Ashe, whose CGI render was shown. Sorry for being a bit nitpicky.
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • Options
    Prink34320Prink34320 Posts: 5,078 Member
    What's more is that most of these have the same gameplay, so some didn't evolve in that region :p Most of the games here have evolved in graphics and certain areas of gameplay, as for the story, people keep arguing about which is better lol and BTW some of the games have turned out worse than The Sims in terms of evolving but I really love the presentation, I still prefer the earlier games tbh.
    Live your life to the fullest, don't wait for a miracle to happen, be the miracle to make things happen.
    Sometimes your creativity is limited where you use it most, but you can use those limitations to inspire new forms of creativity you may never have thought of beforehand.
  • Options
    icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    Prink34320 wrote: »
    What's more is that most of these have the same gameplay, so some didn't evolve in that region :p Most of the games here have evolved in graphics and certain areas of gameplay, as for the story, people keep arguing about which is better lol and BTW some of the games have turned out worse than The Sims in terms of evolving but I really love the presentation, I still prefer the earlier games tbh.

That's a good point. Uncharted has been the same over the years, but it's only been 8 years since the first one came out. Plus there's not a lot to change in a 3rd person shooter.

The Sims was actually pretty good in terms of gameplay evolution. TS2 was a HUGE leap from TS1. It's the biggest improvement between two successive Sims titles for me.
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • Options
    emmaningemmaning Posts: 3,407 Member
    Prink34320 wrote: »

Ty for pointing that out :) I just used the ones I could find and it was hard to find them :)
    The sims has evolved a lot but wolfenstein has evolved much more. I once found a really good one of wolfenstein and saved it. I might upload it just so I can post it here. It evolved from a pixelated terrible undetailed game to now such a detailed realistic game.
    Original wolfenstein:
    CastleWolfensteinC64.png
    Current wolfenstein:
    2015-05-06_00021-100584296-orig.jpg
    But then again the pattern seems to be: the more sequels a game gets, the more it evolves. If the sims was originally released in 1996, then now we'd be on the sims 5 and it'd probably be much more realistic.
    feKqkxf.jpg

My blog: ning's backlog
    Don't forget the forum rules are on the forum- go find 'em!