Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

cashcow and packs

hello guys i'm here to discuss something which i aways wanted and decide do now.

for you what is a "milk stealing money theme and a real good pack theme???

i means what you consider eaxis milking cashcow/suking your money with priced things(things which are supposed to be on base game) and what you consider a legit sort of pack for expansion, game packs and maybe stuff packs.

here for me what i consider can be worth to be a pack and payed
zoo themed
circus themed
paradise/beach/vacation pack
super hero
apocalipse
supernatural
future
metropolis
amusement park

what i consider scam/cash cow/milk from eaxis
pets
seasons
generations
cars

and others things which logically from a rich game base point of view where supposed to be on base.

another note for me stuff packs never need be like what happened with the kitchen pack where you basically getting almost nothing actually for a kitche and a lot of "uneeded things for the pack" like the amount of cloths.

if a stuff pack is themed then he must come with only things related to the theme, like if is badroom then things related to this and if possible i would true love instead of 9999999999999999 decoration and useless object could be like 10 objects but all of then actually being "game play" not just deco, like a kitchen then you get ketchups, knifes and things which you can interact and use in game not just be there as a "deco", for me a stuff pack with few things but actually things which have "importance in game are more importan than packs full of "useless deco, i would prefer deco just appear in game and expansion packs where the amount of content must be bigger.

and before i forget i will ask if your opnion is who "anything must be priced" then please be friend which me and just ignore this posts, really please do that.

peace.
tumblr_mfiuwmQOLI1qgap4ho1_500.gif

Comments

• Options
    TeresitaTeresita Posts: 630 Member
    Sims 3 is their cash cow. It's their biggest accomplishment for this series boasting 1.4 million sales in its (first week?) The game, alone, provided the budget to make Sims Medieval, Sims 4, and possibly, SimCity2013. It probably supported other games from EA too since they own Maxis anyway.
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    Base game should be just that -- a base or foundation for future expansion. Meaning the minimum needed to play the game -- interactions, objects, creative tools (CAS and Build mode). Basic age groups (baby, toddler, child, teen, adult, elder).

Not everyone wants content like pets or weather in their games. If you put that in a base game with no way to turn it off, it could be enough to keep them from buying the game. For family players, a pack like Generations can expand game play for them (depending on how much is included this could be a GP rather than a full-blown EP). Cars weren't in the Sims 2 base game, and since Sims 4 is similar to Sims 2 (with the loading screen) those could be either in their own GP or possibly included in another pack.

And it's important to remember that no matter that some of us have seen the same themes over and over, like Pets or University or Seasons, there are players who've never played any previous Sims game so the concept will be totally new to them.

Finally, no one's forcing you to buy any pack -- if you think Pets or Seasons has been overdone, go ahead and pass on them.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    Colton147147Colton147147 Posts: 10,454 Member
    Maxis never milks us, but EA milks everyone. o:)

Maxis listens to everyone and puts everything we have ever wanted in the Sims 4. B)
    Your Justine Keaton Enthusiast and the Voice of the Sims Community.
  • Options
    halimali1980halimali1980 Posts: 8,246 Member
    OP agreed

The base game should come at least with vanilla seasons, cats, dogs and parrots, cars and of course full life stages.
    new EPs should be made to expand to all this like a vacation that does more with seasons and that sort of activities.

I like Zoo/Circus theme but prefer more a farming life theme with chickens, cows,,goats, pigs etc
    I also love to have a post apocalyptic world
    An EP with actual jobs that make a difference to the game:
    - doctor with a hospital on the map and NPC doctor, more defined diseases
    - police with a police station on the map, NPC police and different kind of crimes
    - Banker with a bank on the map, NPC banker and different banking facilities like loans, investments and mortgages etc

just few ideas
    Everything I post is an opinion here and I think every post of others is as well.
    giphy.gif
  • Options
    halimali1980halimali1980 Posts: 8,246 Member
    Base game should be just that -- a base or foundation for future expansion. Meaning the minimum needed to play the game -- interactions, objects, creative tools (CAS and Build mode). Basic age groups (baby, toddler, child, teen, adult, elder).

what you are saying is true but is only applicable on a game made for the first time not a game that is the 4th installment in the franchise.
    Base games should be better than their precursors not similar or less
    Everything I post is an opinion here and I think every post of others is as well.
    giphy.gif
  • Options
    EllessarrEllessarr Posts: 2,795 Member
    edited August 2015
    omg looks like peoples don't get it, i'm speak what you feel is something to be on base game what you feel is true wort to be a pack and not just they trying to cash cow.

i'm not saying which we never can have pets or things like that but what you feel could be already a base game thing and what you true feel is wort to be called a pack.

and if you are happy in the way things are fine, but like i told in my post just do a favor to me and ignore the post.
  • Options
    TeresitaTeresita Posts: 630 Member
    Oh you mean a cash grab? That is the word you're looking for bb xx :kissing_heart:
  • Options
    AyumapAyumap Posts: 3,425 Member
    I actually think something like seasonal changes and basic pets are things that should be in a life simulation base game but many simmers seem to be fine with paying for them and expect it to be that way since it has been in the past. Funny thing is a lot of games these days seem to have weather and day changes and even animals but I guess there's a lot to consider there.

Making players directly pay for toddlers would feel like a "greed" move to me but over all... idk, I kind of don't have anything else on my mind that's a "need" in terms of objects and life stages.

What feels greedy to me is if/when sps/gps/eps seem to not be worth their price tag. It's really something I'd have to take case by case so it's hard (for me) to just give examples.

I'm actually sort of "surprised" that the new club system is going to be an ep feature instead of something that's adding to the base game. Seems like something that could really improve the way the game plays at its core. Then again, that's just in theory - I'd have to see how it works in reality.
    2m60a6q.jpg
    *There's nothing wrong with loving the Sims 4, there's also nothing wrong with seeking improvements.
    A list of Mods I use.|My Sims 4 Mod and CC "Master" post. Helpful Links included.
  • Options
    Teresita wrote: »
    Oh you mean a cash grab? That is the word you're looking for bb xx :kissing_heart:

yeah something like that, what you feel is they really bring something good and what you feel is they just ""trying to make money".
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    edited August 2015
    If I want a particular theme and the content is decent, how on earth am I being "milked"? Pets and Seasons are both expensive to create and desirable. So are lots of other things that can be made as game add-ons. Asking me to pay for something that costs money to make is not "milking" me. I work in the creative sector: I and other people like me don't magically produce content for you to consume at no cost to ourselves. We aren't "milking" you when we ask you to pay for the resulting content any more than you are being "milked" when someone asks you to pay for a chocolate bar at the corner store, instead of inviting you to take it for free because you're a nice guy. And someone who buys content you don't want is not being "milked" because you don't want to buy the same content; they just like something different, something that also costs money to produce.

I know you don't like the game, but I don't see the point of these topics. What are you trying to change with them that's new? The minds of people who actually like Sims 4? Of the investors who would like a return on their investment? (They haven't been making charitable donations when they've bought those shares.) Of the developers who have rent to pay and families to feed?
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    pythonpunkgirlpythonpunkgirl Posts: 240 Member
    I agree with what you said about what should be included with the base, but I think that seasons, cars, and pets should be generic. I think if people want destructive weather (which I am totally for), fancy cars, or pets like horses they should be in a game pack or expansion pack. That way the company can still make money, but more players are happy.

I also think that there should be a way for simmers to control those. I have learned (after buying pet expansions for every previous game) that I do not care for pets. Others may not care for certain life states,weather, etc. If something big like those are put into a game I think people should be able to leave them out of theirs if they don't want them.
  • Options
    Ayumap wrote: »
    I actually think something like seasonal changes and basic pets are things that should be in a life simulation base game but many simmers seem to be fine with paying for them and expect it to be that way since it has been in the past. Funny thing is a lot of games these days seem to have weather and day changes and even animals but I guess there's a lot to consider there.

Making players directly pay for toddlers would feel like a "greed" move to me but over all... idk, I kind of don't have anything else on my mind that's a "need" in terms of objects and life stages.

What feels greedy to me is if/when sps/gps/eps seem to not be worth their price tag. It's really something I'd have to take case by case so it's hard (for me) to just give examples.

I'm actually sort of "surprised" that the new club system is going to be an ep feature instead of something that's adding to the base game. Seems like something that could really improve the way the game plays at its core. Then again, that's just in theory - I'd have to see how it works in reality.

yeah i feel the same, for me some of the "recurring packs" already are in time to be base, like we really don't need a generations or season or pets pack, we need just they give al the things to make all the life stages full flashed to later get only funny things and not "complete the game".
  • Options
    I agree with what you said about what should be included with the base, but I think that seasons, cars, and pets should be generic. I think if people want destructive weather (which I am totally for), fancy cars, or pets like horses they should be in a game pack or expansion pack. That way the company can still make money, but more players are happy.

I also think that there should be a way for simmers to control those. I have learned (after buying pet expansions for every previous game) that I do not care for pets. Others may not care for certain life states,weather, etc. If something big like those are put into a game I think people should be able to leave them out of theirs if they don't want them.

yep, like basic pets like cat and dogs, regular cars, common weather like snow rain hot days.

if you want more "exotic things" like horses or tigers or wolfs, or monster cars, or high luxury cars, like ferrari, lamburgine or formule 1 cars you must get in packs, but the most common and generic things must be on base, if they want to true show "creativity" they really must aim for that giving new things not just reciclyng over and over the same things for the sake of milk.
  • Options
    NeiaNeia Posts: 4,190 Member
    It seems to me that people are completely oblivious of the amount of work needed to turn an idea or a concept into a reality. They see "same theme", they think "copy paste done". When we buy a Pet EP, the "it's already been done" only marginally reduce the amount of work needed to make that EP theme a reality, so no it's not milking because the theme has already been done before.

Now, if you find the theme boring because it has already been done and you prefer completely new theme, you're free to buy only the EPs that suit your taste.
  • Options
    JoxerTM22JoxerTM22 Posts: 5,323 Member
    Every time EA releases a stuffpack I remove my shirt and tell to the monitor (although EA can't hear it):
    YOU CAN'T MILK THOSE.
  • Options
    ChelleJoChelleJo Posts: 7,087 Member
    Ellessarr wrote: »

yep, like basic pets like cat and dogs, regular cars, common weather like snow rain hot days.

if you want more "exotic things" like horses or tigers or wolfs, or monster cars, or high luxury cars, like ferrari, lamburgine or formule 1 cars you must get in packs, but the most common and generic things must be on base, if they want to true show "creativity" they really must aim for that giving new things not just reciclyng over and over the same things for the sake of milk.

So if they gave basic pets and cars free but charged extra in a SP or GP or EP for additional (more exotic) pets and cars, it would be.... creative and not recycled? Wat?

p8L4V6v.png
  • Options
    edited August 2015
    Ellessarr wrote: »

So if they gave basic pets and cars free but charged extra in a SP or GP or EP for additional (more exotic) pets and cars, it would be.... creative and not recycled? Wat?

let'me put in that way, how have bears, lion and that things as pet is "recicycling"?? when you never had that things before???, recicle is give exactly the same things over and over,.
    one thing is "aways giving dogs and cats and expectating peoples keep paying forever for it, another is trying to give really something different, which i really doubt you gonna see many peoples having a lion or wolf or snake as pet or because they are more exotic, or normal peoples running in a formule 1 car or the most expansive ferrari, that is when enter "life simulator".

you can expectat in "base game" or what i can call "normal life" peoples being able to have they dogs or cats or birds but only few peoples gonna have exotic pets in the same way you can see peoples having "cheap to middle cars" and only few peoples having high demanind and expensive cars, then is when have that exotic things being more about packs, which is what i feel about, is when about bring something "not common to day life", you can have cats dogs and birds and maybe hamsters on base game then later they release a stuff pack bringing only more type of pets or have a circus or zoo themed pack and with this bring a option for peoples can have that animals also as "pet".

again is more about "common" x different.

if stuff packs is just giving some "already have things or just "deco things" could be more interesting instead of bring 999999 useless or cosmetic things like just cloth, to give a small ammount of actually game play things that is why when could be to increase the range of type of pets or type of cars.

let's be pratical in real life having a lion or tiger or wolf or alligator or snake is not the trouble of have a bird, a dog and a cat, they need much more caution and care than normal pets.
  • Options
    edited August 2015
    lol my post was moved to feedback well >.> what wait for then...

let's put in a better way

one thing is they forcing peoples to have to pay "extra money" to have common things which you can easy spot in any everyday life, like cars or pets or more "family oriented gameplay" another is giving really something which only peoples who true want to expend more money in something "new" and special can be doing.

forcing peoples to have to buy a pack to have "cars" in game even the most cheap ones is different from give "more options of cars' when peoples already have ones in game.

you know is something "called "choices" a very strange word here for some simmers, i know that word can sound "scary", which eaxis is using in a bad way, like you have the choice to be "robbed or no", will be you choice if you want have cars pay!!! if not suffer.
    is very different from "if you want to have that special and cool car pay otherwise stick with the cars you already have".

in part i know why eaxis is doing that, they already see the potential of modders in the community and they are afraid of they give "some of that things for free" the modders can start to make they own "cars" which will make pointless for ea try to sell different cars, like they give a "basic car" then modders start to give ferrari and others cars then when maxis try to sell they own version almost no one gonna want to pay for it.
    Post edited by Ellessarr on
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited August 2015
    Examples of the current Milking Machine are as follows:

Party Pack could have been in the GP for Patio Pack and or better in the new GT since it's also about Party Down.
    Patio Pack...with hot tub. Moo, milking.
    Cool Kitchen with one new stove, fridge and ice cream maker...where are the kitchen appliances, like in Kitchen and Bath? and or all the wallpapers and floors? Milking.

This old man he played one, he played one upon his thumb, knick knack paddy whack give a dog a bone~~~~ is just about what I think of their packs throwing players a bone for more money.

Milking continued:
    Spa day, should have been in Party Pack and the Patio Pack....yes, it should have. lol Should have been called Livin' Large TS4 style.

My idea of full EPs Seasons in TS2 and TS3. Full EPs. New effects, new interactions, new walls and floors, new activities, new gameplay for the whole family etc. Unleashed in the TS1 was a full EP with walls, floors, pets, strays, contest for Sims and in TS2 hiring experts to simulate training your cats and dogs and they had jobs as service animals and or TV stars. Full EPs.

Haven't seen a full EP in the TS4, yet. Reserve my judgment for future SPs, GPs and EPs whether I feel they are milking or not. :#

ETA: Really milked hard on throwing a bone for more money with the buffet table which should have been in the three I mentioned as Livin' Large but really a base game object omitted for more money.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    anettesbanettesb Posts: 39,168 Member
    edited August 2015
    base game things (that if in an EP is milking) ar for me:
    - family play =
    working family tree, where sims don't flirt and get romantic witht heir kids a grandkids and other close relatives
    all ages have a good base, as minimum babies, toddlers, children, teens, YA, adult, elder - but I prefere it also have tweens (young teens) and middleage.
    activities/interactions for all ages, and clothes hair well added.
    - story progresion
    a feature I can put on or off.
    that if on will make sims I don't control, age, get married, get kids, get jobs, skill
    the more detailed the setting the better (only ageing ok... this house can't do anything on their own ectra.)

I expect normal items like
    cars, bikes, dishwashers, pools, toys of difrent kinds, difrent skills and objects for them, places to store colectibels, things to do with colectibels.
    room for creative freedom = many styles, some sort of cast (or many colors to choose from... + maybe an of game editing add on program)
    books, music instruments, difrent style of art work

freedom to go in the world
    freedom to find out how I can get my sim to advance in the carer, not getting told I need to do x,y,z. but more like sims 3 where many difrent things influents if you advance. basic schould be: relevant skills, cowork and bos relationship, how hard you work, if you bring work with you home (opertunities). then the open carers can have some random tasks that comes when you with your sim, that you need to do and do well to advance....though you can choose not to 1 day (you just get bad preformance) and next day there is a new task.

the option to take days of work when pregnant (atleast the 3.rd trimester + a few babi days is what I want)
    lots of tweeking options in setting: age spand, supernaturals on/off (for each type) how many sims is to live in your world (so people can pick what fits their computer) ectra.

and NPC's like maids, nannies+babysitters (first is live in second is a call in), burglars, police, firefighters, repairmen, gardners, pizza delivery....

that the game simultat life... not just 1 aspect of life.
    Post edited by anettesb on
    🌺 streaming at https://www.twitch.tv/lady_anette 🌻come join the Sylvan legacy, and help control their life. 🌳
  • Options
    edited August 2015
    lol ea xis become censure omg O.o