Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Romance in the sims 4 lacking??

Am I the only person that thinks the
romance in the game falls flat??

Comments

• Options
    SarahsShadySarahsShady Posts: 963 Member
    Im with you on that one. A LOT in TS4 falls flat though, sorry to say.
    giphy.gif

Please Bring Back Toddlers, Realistic Teenagers and Create a World.
    Make the Sims (4) Great Again<3

• Options
    lexxsimslexxsims Posts: 366 Member
    There's a lack of a lot of things in The Sims 4... BUT EMOTIONS... Emotions, emotions 11855594_10207327646088197_702169513_n.jpg?oh=ca348bdca220034588d7d414fb89fec2&oe=55CCC2CB
  • Options
    EllessarrEllessarr Posts: 2,795 Member
    don't worry soon you will be paying for the "romance expansion pack" in sims 4 cuz to have romance you need to pay exactly like you have to pay to have almost everything in this game.
    tumblr_mfiuwmQOLI1qgap4ho1_500.gif
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    edited August 2015

No cause I also feel this way.
  • Options
    MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    How so?
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • Options
    mypugrocks3mypugrocks3 Posts: 184 Member
    edited August 2015
    MasonGamer wrote: »
    How so?

In my opinion it isn't that interesting (not any spicy options >_> )
  • Options
    to be fair i'm not really joking in ther survery about "expansions packs" you can see a expansion for "romance" adding more interactions and and a affection system, them if you want romance be ready to paying for that.
  • Options
    mypugrocks3mypugrocks3 Posts: 184 Member
    Ellessarr wrote: »
    to be fair i'm not really joking in ther survery about "expansions packs" you can see a expansion for "romance" adding more interactions and and a affection system, them if you want romance be ready to paying for that.

I heard of mention of that, but really an ep?? Why couldn't it have been in the base game????
  • Options
    Prink34320Prink34320 Posts: 5,078 Member
    I like the current Romance in the game but it definitely needs more, what about the ability to cuddle in bed? Especially while sleeping or maybe a Sims' crush or partner/love could help them learn how to do certain things like teaching them how to use an instrument while wrapping their arms around your Sim.
    Live your life to the fullest, don't wait for a miracle to happen, be the miracle to make things happen.
    Sometimes your creativity is limited where you use it most, but you can use those limitations to inspire new forms of creativity you may never have thought of beforehand.
  • Options
    KarmaKarma Posts: 837 Member
    Im with you on that one. A LOT in TS4 falls flat though, sorry to say.

Gurrl, TS4 TS$ is so flat in every dimension. No, litterally! Flat terrain and everything.
    WsYdHZD.jpg

• Options
    barraakenobarraakeno Posts: 489 Member
    How so?

In my opinion it isn't that interesting (not any spicy options >_> )

So.. what do you suggest? Because sayin' you want more but you don't know what you want means that you don't know what is missing.

Brazilian guy here, so my English is not that good.

fB7mWIn.gif
    Spinning toilets confurm3d!!!!11!!1!1!!!!11!
  • Options
    pottergoosepottergoose Posts: 1,543 Member

True, but that could end up being a hot date type of pack for all we know
    I'm the one who gripped you tight and raised you from perdition
  • Options
    pottergoosepottergoose Posts: 1,543 Member
    But I do agree, one thing I did like about sims 3 (minus extreme lagging and saving issues, plus screaming toddlers) was each trait had its own set of special interactions, so romantic had it's typical stuff like four has, but then it had "great kisser" "charismatic" etc each with its own set of special interactions
    I'm the one who gripped you tight and raised you from perdition
  • Options

I heard of mention of that, but really an ep?? Why couldn't it have been in the base game????

because "milk" is the law in sims 4 and the game already was "too expensive and difficult" then they need now make peoples paying for more "well less is more".
  • Options
    likeamusic15likeamusic15 Posts: 156 Member
    I personally think it would be better if there were more kiss types, like those in TS2, slow dancing and even cuddling on the ground, but I love that when sims flirt they don't just stand there staring at each other doing nothing till the next action like in TS3, so after all, the TS4 romance is good to me.
  • Options
    ShuffleJShuffleJ Posts: 273 Member

Nope. I agree with you. It feels robotic.

• Options
    PukingautotunePukingautotune Posts: 154 Member
    Oh yes defently. Miss those days of sims 2 when the devs weren't so afraid to put some spicy stuff in the game. Now everything feels like it's marketed to preteens
    tumblr_nz9zidvExq1s2nj6io1_250.gif
  • Options
    PHOEBESMOM601PHOEBESMOM601 Posts: 14,595 Member

No cause I also feel this way.

OMG cat! Are you actually saying this? Tell me what you think can be improved?

"People really love to explore 'failure states. In fact, the failure states are really much more interesting than the success states." ~ Will Wright
  • Options
    ModerateOspreyModerateOsprey Posts: 4,875 Member
    It definitely needs more actual romance.

There are only a small handful of interactions that you could really say are truly romantic. I am not sure I will ever be pleased here as I have a real soft spot for the romance in the classic novels such as Hardy, Austen and The Brontes, which I don't think would work very well in a contemporary American setting!

One thing I really wish they would do is at least add another woohoo animation which is kinda funny a couple of times but soon wears thin.
    Awake.
    Shake dreams from your hair
    My pretty child, my sweet one.
    Choose the day and choose the sign of your day
    The day's divinity....
    The Ghost Song - Jim Morrison
  • Options
    TheMomminatorTheMomminator Posts: 4,215 Member
    How so?

Two words: fist pump

Why do they do this? I hate it and it's hard coded. It's not like I can avoid a particular interaction and avoid the "I'm going to get lucky" fist pump.

• Options
    PHOEBESMOM601PHOEBESMOM601 Posts: 14,595 Member
    "People really love to explore 'failure states. In fact, the failure states are really much more interesting than the success states." ~ Will Wright
  • Options
    SimleySimley Posts: 284 Member
    It definitely needs more actual romance. There are only a small handful of interactions that you could really say are truly romantic.

I remember before Sims 2 came out, I thought Romance Sims would be, well, romantic. Unrealistically dreamy, emotional, writing poetry, who knows what, just romantic. Instead Romance Sims turned out to be woo-hoo Sims, which is fun to play, too, but was somewhat duplicated by the later Pleasure Sim aspiration. At least Sims 4 has the soulmate aspiration.

• Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    I actually think the romance is better in Sims 4 than in Sims 3. Certainly not at the level of Sims 2, but when it comes to varied options (everything from pick-up lines to teasing to tickling) it's very good. Yes, some of the animations could be better (probably has to do with the limitations of the game engine) but I like the romance options in the game. I'd still like to see a Faithful trait -- maybe one of the traits you can buy with Aspiration Points -- that would cause Sims to reject any romantic interactions other than those from their significant other (boyfriend/girlfriend, engaged or married partner).
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    simmesesimmese Posts: 1,536 Member
    Its not just the romance ... the whole game leaves me feeling decidedly underwhelmed :(
  • Options
    Rojo De GuyRojo De Guy Posts: 784 Member
    I'd still like to see a Faithful trait -- maybe one of the traits you can buy with Aspiration Points -- that would cause Sims to reject any romantic interactions other than those from their significant other (boyfriend/girlfriend, engaged or married partner).
    this :+1:o:)

Oh the couch interactions :kissing_closed_eyes: and I really miss the Cinematics from S2, especially the woo-hoo ones when they made the bed go all censored~! <3:D

EfTVMcj.jpg
    "Walking with a friend in the dark is better than walking alone in the light"