Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

LGR Do I HATE The Sims?

Maybe this will help explain why the fans want more from The Sims.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lPRBo2Gnwi4&feature=youtu.be&a
"People really love to explore 'failure states. In fact, the failure states are really much more interesting than the success states." ~ Will Wright

Comments

• Options
    PHOEBESMOM601PHOEBESMOM601 Posts: 14,595 Member
    I saw that someone else and I posted this within minutes of each other. I guess they will get merged.
    "People really love to explore 'failure states. In fact, the failure states are really much more interesting than the success states." ~ Will Wright
  • Options
    missmani09missmani09 Posts: 692 Member
    I absolutely LOVE LGR. Thanks for sharing Phoebe.
    Haven't watched the entire thing, but I'll post again once I am finished.
    Toddlers are FINALLY HERE!!!
  • Options
    SimplyToriSimplyTori Posts: 1,804 Member
    Thanks for sharing :) I love LGR he's my favorite... A shame but I can see where he's coming from. I do believe him when he says he just wants a better game we all do.
    justlurking.gif
  • Options
    Also I am probably crazy but I feel like he was getting choked up towards the end of the video. :(

I saw that too. The guy said he loved The Sims and he's concerned about where they are going.

• Options
    Shadecaster101Shadecaster101 Posts: 1,343 Member
    edited August 2015
    Also I am probably crazy but I feel like he was getting choked up towards the end of the video. :(

Also a bit toward the beginning of the video, as well.

And it's so true. Everything is quantity of quality now.

I don't know if this is just me, but I feel like they're placing too much emphasis on "wacky" this time around, even when it doesn't make sense. Take the cowplant, for instance. That used to be something you could find deep within the game. It was charming and funny. But now... I just hear (mainly when they were first advertising TS4) all about it. I guess it's supposed to draw people in with "Ooohhhh, there must be so many weird, interesting things in this game", when in fact, there are very few. Yeah, how many times am I going to have a cowplant that eats people and then gives me milk. It almost becomes a generic object like a fridge. It's no longer special.

Of course I'm just using an object as a microcosm of the whole game, but that's the only way I can think to express it right now.

ETA: Angry poop.
  • Options

Also a bit toward the beginning of the video, as well.

And it's so true. Everything is quantity of quality now.

I don't know if this is just me, but I feel like they're placing too much emphasis on "wacky" this time around, even when it doesn't make sense. Take the cowplant, for instance. That used to be something you could find deep within the game. It was charming and funny. But now... I just hear (mainly when they were first advertising TS4) all about it. I guess it's supposed to draw people in with "Ooohhhh, there must be so many weird, interesting things in this game", when in fact, there are very few. Yeah, how many times am I going to have a cowplant that eats people and then gives me milk. It almost becomes a generic object like a fridge. It's no longer special.

Of course I'm just using an object as a microcosm of the whole game, but that's the only way I can think to express it right now.

ETA: Angry poop.

I think they have confused wacky with the past "quirky" humor.

• Options
    JajhiraJajhira Posts: 135 Member
    I wasn't expecting him to look like that
  • Options
    US_Marshall42US_Marshall42 Posts: 236 Member
    Astro wrote: »
    Woah, Woah, Woah.

This is exactly (more or less) how I feel right now. I thought they milked TS3 to the bone, but when he said 12 or more SP for TS4 in a YEAR, that's starting to sound more and more right, -quantity over quality... everyone said TS4 had more stuff than any other base game, but 3/4 of it was useless clutter.

But yeah, that video was great. Probably the most well spent 18 minutes of my day. (Maybe...)

You should watch his The Sims 3 Reviews playlist. I have never marathoned game reviews before this guy.
  • Options
    AstroAstro Posts: 6,651 Member
    Astro wrote: »
    Woah, Woah, Woah.

This is exactly (more or less) how I feel right now. I thought they milked TS3 to the bone, but when he said 12 or more SP for TS4 in a YEAR, that's starting to sound more and more right, -quantity over quality... everyone said TS4 had more stuff than any other base game, but 3/4 of it was useless clutter.

But yeah, that video was great. Probably the most well spent 18 minutes of my day. (Maybe...)

You should watch his The Sims 3 Reviews playlist. I have never marathoned game reviews before this guy.
    Oh trust me, I have. Along with his Let's Plays of TS2 and 1(?).
  • Options
    Jajhira wrote: »

I think he's cute. And I love his laugh. :)

I though he'd be much older with a really bushy beard.
  • Options

What? Like the messes on Duck Dynasty?

• Options

What? Like the messes on Duck Dynasty?

No lol I hate them I avoid that image at all costs.
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member

His radio voice fooled you, didn't it? lol He has done other visual videos showing himself even for the TS4 not long ago.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.