Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims still talk in gruips way to much when in store.

I remember some time in the past they said they improved this, but I have not seen any improvement. I am getting annoyed. I just want to punch all the customers now. I swear all of them get into a big circle like some sort of witch craft cult, and start talking. I think they might have made it worse actually. 🐸🐸🐸🐸 you sims guru's for this. does anyone else have this issue still?
tumblr_mvvt2iJ33k1slamnjo1_400.gif

Comments

• Options
    CK213CK213 Posts: 20,529 Member
    He hee...
    Wait until Foodie clubs from Get Together wander into your store.

Food fight! >:)
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • Options
    AlorapopAlorapop Posts: 903 Member
    CK213 wrote: »
    He hee...
    Wait until Foodie clubs from Get Together wander into your store.

Food fight! >:)

Oh 🐸🐸🐸🐸. You are right.
  • Options
    It is frustrating
  • Options
    jimbbqjimbbq Posts: 2,734 Member
    Same in my game. Pretty much all the stores my sims run turning into a chat fest

And the customers would spend like 3 hours just to buy a $20 photo in my photo studio. They spend the same amount of time considering to buy a $1500 painting! Yea it is so realistic

Sometimes i feel like I need a bomb like in sims 3 ambitions .... Lol
  • Options
    I think it might help some if you had a option to show a sim a item, or maybe give them a discount.
  • Options
    tfa1767tfa1767 Posts: 9 New Member
    i agree they just stand and chat. i had my store open all sims day until 10 and i only made 150 and there was at less 40 sims in my store
  • Options
    SweetieTreatsSweetieTreats Posts: 2,668 Member
    The group chat is really beneficial in retail stores. It allows you to sell to multiple Sims at once which makes selling easier.
  • Options
    WindelyWindely Posts: 652 Member
    I agree. It's just one of the many problems of the retail system in TS4.
    Dina Caliente. ♡ TS2. ♡ Nina Caliente.
  • Options
    LizzychicagoLizzychicago Posts: 873 Member
    Having the Sims all milling about chatting has never, ever made them buy anything. Sometimes they do but most of the time they just stand together. It takes at least 8 hours of my retail store being open before anyone buys anything. I've had the store owner chat them up, ask them all the questions yet rarely do those Sims even buy anything.
    Check my builds and Sims out on the Gallery, username Lizzychicago!
  • Options
    BlkBarbiegalBlkBarbiegal Posts: 7,924 Member
    I actually like seeing them chat about. As long as I have some pricey things to sell, when they finally stop talking and buy I get a nice profit.
    Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie
  • Options
    AyumapAyumap Posts: 3,425 Member
    edited August 2015
    I actually turned my game on the other day and have a family with a retail store. It helps if the store is small, it's a bit hectic seeing so many sims crammed together though.

I just select the sim with the highest interest and have the sim I'm controlling try and convince them to buy something. Usually as I'm doing that another sim will que up to buy something so I'll send the wife (if she's home) to check them out while the husband checks out the customer he's currently with.

It's better they don't all que to buy at once because then you'll miss out on the sell.

I sell things my sim made or grew (right now alien plants / collectibles) so I don't lose any profit. I also don't bother to restock as I always end up with such a high supply.

Don't think the retail in Sims 4 will ever match up to OFB but it feels a lot better than it was at the start. It's a lot easier too once you understand what to do and not to do.

I only have a restroom, sitting area, supply, and cash register in my store. I don't give them anything to be distracted by and I certainly don't hire employees (who imo, are more trouble than they're worth)

Edit: Sorry, went off on a bit of a tangent. Yes, sims still talk a lot. This doesn't bother me though as I don't have trouble making sells and it indirectly helps me to check the majority of the customers who que to buy as they're also being slowed down by other sims.
    2m60a6q.jpg
    *There's nothing wrong with loving the Sims 4, there's also nothing wrong with seeking improvements.
    A list of Mods I use.|My Sims 4 Mod and CC "Master" post. Helpful Links included.
  • Options
    ModerateOspreyModerateOsprey Posts: 4,875 Member
    As @SweetieTreats pointed out, groups are good for selling to multiple sims at once, especially once you get a levelled up employee or two.

However, my main problem is with the retail gameflow...all trading days consist of a lot of talking and then a lot of ringing up at the end of the day - no sim ever, ever buys anything soon after the shop has opened.
    Awake.
    Shake dreams from your hair
    My pretty child, my sweet one.
    Choose the day and choose the sign of your day
    The day's divinity....
    The Ghost Song - Jim Morrison
  • Options
    jaxie086jaxie086 Posts: 1,920 Member
    Alorapop wrote: »
    I remember some time in the past they said they improved this, but I have not seen any improvement. I am getting annoyed. I just want to punch all the customers now. I swear all of them get into a big circle like some sort of witch craft cult, and start talking. I think they might have made it worse actually. 🐸🐸🐸🐸 you sims guru's for this. does anyone else have this issue still?

It's probably going to get worse with get together. All that new clique grouping.
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    You can sort of (not much) get them to go ahead and buy something by using the interactions to 'answer questions' etc. That does some how jar them out of forgetting why they are there. Use those socials on everyone to jar them out of talking too much.

Reminds me of that song..'You talk too much, you're boring me to death~~~'

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bw4pnQNbBxE
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.