Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Toddlers planned as DLC!! A NEW SURVEY IS OUT!!

Comments

• Options
    GoodywoodGoodywood Posts: 4,617 Member
    aclavo wrote: »
    I don't get the logic that Ts2 and Ts3 have nothing to do with Ts4 without them there would be no Ts4. By this reasoning since Ts5 will be a new game should it include only Teen Adults and Elder?? 'Would that be okay since it's a new game and doesn't have to follow it's predecessors? Would people be pleased if Young Adults and children are removed? Think of a lifestage you love and it's removed in Sims 5 would that please you? Would you be willing to pay for it?
    I don't believe Toddlers are returning I think it's all just hype. EA is free to prove me wrong though.

Because they are all separate games and one really has nothing do with the other, that's why. A name is just a name and nothing more. Each game should be played for what they offer individually. I had to learn that quickly when I transitioned from TS2 to TS3. And although the titles suggest some sort of continuity there truly isn't any.

it is a continue of the series that why its called the sims 4, everything we got from sims 3 or 2 should have been transfered over to sims 4 but improved.

It's really not.

every game comes with something new and different in them just because its a new game doesnt mean its not part of the series. Its called sims 4 because its the 4th generation of the sims.. it wasn't suppose to be sims 4 but it is. so the 4 generation sould have come with all life stages like the last 2.

Thank you explained it better.
    PLEASE FIX TEENS IN TS4! I NEED YOUNGER TEENS NOT YA TEENS! (^_^)Please add Music Bands with lead singers! Please add vehicles and garages! Vehicles have always been part of The Sims.
  • Options
    emmaningemmaning Posts: 3,407 Member
    Keffers wrote: »
    emmaning wrote: »
    I don't see a big deal in lack of toddlers either and think the toddler threads are a little outta control.
    But I struggle to take this thread seriously as you don't seem to have a defined reason for posting this.
    Explain a reason you don't like it and I can take it seriously.
    But currently them fun gifs can be taken just as seriously as this thread, sorry but its true.

What?

You don't understand what I wrote? I meant exactly what I wrote...
    I didn't use complex words or anything... I don't really know how to explain it more...
    But them fun gifs are funny and can't be taken seriously. I'm basicly saying you can't take this thread seriously.
    feKqkxf.jpg

My blog: ning's backlog
    Don't forget the forum rules are on the forum- go find 'em!
  • Options
    lexxsimslexxsims Posts: 366 Member
    They ask a certain group of people. And it's been clear that they don't represent us! They don't know what we want... They probably ask people who doesn't even play the sims, lol. They must make PUBLIC surveys... Or those selected simmers are the only ones that buy the game? I ask...
    I'm done 11408845_837732146322369_1878584873_n.gif?oh=55694015c46a12a3041f60351a74cff4&oe=55C92B87
  • Options
    TS_DivaTS_Diva Posts: 477 Member
    MrSimmis wrote: »
    People are saying they are a base game feature. Not a Sims 4 base game feature so that means nothing! Also wasn't there a previous sim games where they weren't included either?

Yes. Sims 1 and Sims 2....
  • Options
    blueturtleotterblueturtleotter Posts: 867 Member
    edited August 2015
    Goodywood wrote: »
    Bobbo wrote: »
    If we end up having to pay for toddlers, I'm done with The Sims for good. I still have Sims 3 to play anyway and it's an awesome game! :D

Whatever. We have to pay for the same things over and over again each time the game is re-released. You really think I want to pay for pets for a 3rd time?

I see this as a huge advantage for toddler lovers. Now you can have your toddlers in an EP and you won't have people like myself constantly complaining about how boring they are. We can just skip that EP.

Besides you could easily justify it by paying for the pre-teen (another stage I would hate to endure) and getting the toddlers as a bonus.

But if you want to throw away the money you have already spent because you didn't get something exactly the way you decided it had to be go ahead. Less rigid people will probably cave and buy it even if they don't care for the idea.

It's more so this: If EA does sell us toddlers in EP, then they'll just continue to take away base content and sell it to us. Can you imagine what will be missing in Sims 5 if they see how much $$ they get from this ? I don't even want to think about it. :(

But youre right - if they were to release this EP without patching in toddlers, I would buy it. But I'll be waiting for a 50% off sale plus a 15% off bonus code added to that. :P

Perhaps if they create a Generationsesque EP they will patch toddlers into the game for free with limited basic functionality. The EP would have more detailed gameplay options.

This would actually be a great marketing strategy. By adding limited toddlers for free, it would show good faith and appease those of us who think we should not be charged for what should've been in the base game.

Limited toddlers would also serve as a taster and advertisement for the EP. It would probably make many want to purchase the EP and also prevent lost sales from simmers who would not purchase the EP on principle if toddlers were not free.
  • Options
    Cabelle1863Cabelle1863 Posts: 2,251 Member
    Rflong7 wrote: »
    They should be emailing it to players- Origin wide. I don't know about it only being in the US but I highly doubt it.

I agree. We are all simmers, all ages, throughout the world. They should be interested in getting everyone's input because it ultimately means more profit for them.

• Options
    KeffersKeffers Posts: 984 Member
    Keffers wrote: »
    I don't see a big deal in lack of toddlers either and think the toddler threads are a little outta control.
    But I struggle to take this thread seriously as you don't seem to have a defined reason for posting this.
    Explain a reason you don't like it and I can take it seriously.
    But currently them fun gifs can be taken just as seriously as this thread, sorry but its true.

What?

You don't understand what I wrote? I meant exactly what I wrote...
    I didn't use complex words or anything... I don't really know how to explain it more...
    But them fun gifs are funny and can't be taken seriously. I'm basicly saying you can't take this thread seriously.

I don't understand you because it makes no sense. Explain the reasons I don't like what?
  • Options
    KeffersKeffers Posts: 984 Member
    TS_Diva wrote: »
    People are saying they are a base game feature. Not a Sims 4 base game feature so that means nothing! Also wasn't there a previous sim games where they weren't included either?

Yes. Sims 1 and Sims 2....

Ima let you finish, but the Sims 2 has the greatest toddlers of all time!
  • Options
    LoveMcQueen5683LoveMcQueen5683 Posts: 3,689 Member
    edited August 2015
    Astro wrote: »
    Because they're coming in a DLC, meaning we have to pay for them.

Why am I paying for a base game feature?

We don't know if they are coming in the EP or not omg. Those surveys aren't set in stone. They don't have to follow it exactly like it's the holy bible.

This is years down the road. We literally know nothing. We don't know how it's going to go down. Logically, it would make more sense to patch them in so they can add in future content in other EP's.

LR3g0ni.jpg
  • Options
    Dreamie209Dreamie209 Posts: 3,165 Member
    Goodywood wrote: »
    Astro wrote: »
    What am I getting excited for exactly? The fact I have to pay for a base game feature?

Why is it a base game feature? Because you say so or because you feel it should have been? Either way it wasn't, so let's move on.

If we all think like this we might be missing more lifestages in Sims 5. Can you imagine there being a Teen EP, Elder EP, Child EP, etc that includes these lifestages? :p I don't want to buy any lifestage when "The Sims" is suppose be about the "Sims" themselves and they should come first before anything in the base. Only lifestage I pay for now is preteens, because it's new.

<3<3

Well said <3. If that was the case, then heck, we defiantly shouldn't be expecting YA's in the next sims main game since it was ts2 university add-on, and that goes for Elder and teen since they started in only TS2. You'd remove all of those lifestages that many people cherish...parts that gave the sims even more life than it did in TS1, not to say that TS1 didn't have it, but TS2 gave it a more generational realistic effect, that true growth of a human, a life simulation at it's fullest. So I honestly I seriously hope that TS5 would start off with: Baby, Toddler, Child, Preteen, Teen,Young Adult, Adult, Elder.
    tumblr_p0kj4y5zKY1rz1zglo1_1280.png
    Fun Times, Cherished Memories, All under one Dream. Visit: The Dreamhouse and AbbyDreams
  • Options
    mwdonohuemwdonohue Posts: 3,307 Member
    They sent me one and it went into my junk mail aaaaand I deleted it. :|
  • Options
    HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    I love the idea and I'm glad this survey released at this time. I don't think it was coincidence, but who knows. Either way I'm enjoying my game play now and when it comes I'll be glad for more... paid or not paid for :).
    egTcBMc.png
  • Options
    SteveKarehaSteveKareha Posts: 160 Member
    Because people keep comparing TS4 to TS3 and TS2 (Games that have had all their EP's for years and thus feel more like "completed games")

And people don't get that every sims game is different and that's the joy of being the proud owner of each game. You get to experience all their own features on their fullest because no other one is better.

I love TS2 family play, I love TS3 open world and story progression, I love TS4 single-sim focus!!

Speaking specifically of toddlers I can't really say I'm excited for them, as I find them really annoying, but any addition to the game is welcome, I dont care it's DLC I'll always support the game!
    Tumblr - MTS - TS3 Wishlist - TS3 Exchange - TS3 Top Five

Origin ID & Gallery: PinguinoGamer94 (Be sure to tick "See Custom Content"!)
  • Options
    BobboBobbo Posts: 1,471 Member
    Are you stupid or just trying to act like a troll? It was a base game feature in the predecessor. The Sims 4 is The sims 3's successor. Successive games in a series take what was great about the predecessors and improve and expand upon them. It is not acceptable, nor is it the industry norm to not include popular and basic features that were in the previous game.

If you bought TS4 without toddlers you justified their decision to leave them out. Improvement is a matter of opinion. I think the game is better without toddlers. They were boring.

The game is a life simulator but not a human life simulator. That is a mistake that many people make.
  • Options
    agent_bevagent_bev Posts: 1,313 Member
    Orchid13 wrote: »
    simsjammy wrote: »
    people have nothing better to do than terrorize ea and the community when they dont get what they want right away apparently

Its most of us. If you think the game is so perfect go play and go away :)

So true, I don't get why people who love this game so much are on the forums so much. There are some games out there where if I'm playing it, I'm going to be MIA the entire time. If it's a more complex game, I could see having discussions on the forums to share strategies. Now, I do see simmers sharing their experience, and I love reading those. But there are simmers who claim the game is perfect but the only posts I see are justs counters to those who have issues with the game. It just takes so much credibility away...

P.S. I'm here because I love The Sims series and I want it to be able to live up to it's name. I still play it, but only 20 minutes here and there before I get bored.
  • Options
    HIFreeBirdIHHIFreeBirdIH Posts: 1,410 Member
    I just hope they patch in the preteens and toddlers in a free update. I'm hope at least a few of the Sim Gurus will know this.
    Just some random Simmer you probably don't even follow on the gallery! Gallery name's the same as my username! Did I just rhyme there?
    xyIcMqt.png
  • Options
    blewis823blewis823 Posts: 9,046 Member
    I live in the US and got only one survey during Sims 3 days. It stopped when I posted my age. No continuation for me. Did a rant on the forums back then but the practice is still continuing, but I doubt if Country of status is the criteria to get the survey.
    Nothing to see. I don't even care about the forums.
  • Options
    LoMaSums3LoMaSums3 Posts: 54 Member
    After the dance party on gamescom, I needed some new excitement for the sims 4, and then we get this!! Awesome :D
  • Options
    blueturtleotterblueturtleotter Posts: 867 Member
    edited August 2015
    Are you stupid or just trying to act like a troll? It was a base game feature in the predecessor. The Sims 4 is The sims 3's successor. Successive games in a series take what was great about the predecessors and improve and expand upon them. It is not acceptable, nor is it the industry norm to not include popular and basic features that were in the previous game.

If you bought TS4 without toddlers you justified their decision to leave them out. Improvement is a matter of opinion. I think the game is better without toddlers. They were boring.

The game is a life simulator but not a human life simulator. That is a mistake that many people make.

Oh, are the sims not supposed to be virtual humans?

Many people find elders boring, should that stage be removed as well? Why not just remove all of the life stages except adult and be done with it?
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,629 Member
    Anybody have a link to a text-only (not screenshots) copy of the survey?
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,546 Member

Oh, are the sims not supposed to be virtual humans?

Many people find elders boring, should that stage be removed as well? Why not just remove all of the life stages except adult and be done with it?
    I doubt this would happen me I create kids for my sims family so they are pretty much needed like all life stages excep that me I do not let my sims age
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • Options
    MicemSimsMicemSims Posts: 463 Member
    I know it's only a survey, but this has made me elated. Toddlers and preteens! :o Surely they know that Generations is the most wanted expansion pack. I must say, I love the sound of all of the expansions on that survey list, but Generations first and foremost.
  • Options
    AstroAstro Posts: 6,651 Member
    edited August 2015
    That's not a valid argument. When you played TS1 did you realize all these 'missing' features? No, you didn't, because they weren't even there yet.
  • Options
    al456al456 Posts: 306 Member
    SO happy to see this survey and the acknowledgment of toddlers! All these except for rebuild sounds great and hopefully full of content~!
    ~ SimManiac383 on the Gallery
    ~ https://twitter.com/Simmaniac383 < Twitter
    onm6UoE.jpg

~SimManiac
  • Options
    al456al456 Posts: 306 Member
    lexxsims wrote: »
    They ask a certain group of people. And it's been clear that they don't represent us! They don't know what we want... They probably ask people who doesn't even play the sims, lol. They must make PUBLIC surveys... Or those selected simmers are the only ones that buy the game? I ask...
    I'm done 11408845_837732146322369_1878584873_n.gif?oh=55694015c46a12a3041f60351a74cff4&oe=55C92B87

Ive gotten sent one of the expansion pack surveys from last year, the get to work, generations, seasons, and pets were all ones i put very interested in
    ~ SimManiac383 on the Gallery
    ~ https://twitter.com/Simmaniac383 < Twitter
    onm6UoE.jpg

~SimManiac