Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Did Y'all forget about Generations?

13...Next

Comments

• Options
    Alysha1988Alysha1988 Posts: 3,452 Member
    edited August 2015
    Generations was the sims 3 base game part 2, BUT the sims 3 did ship with all life stages and each one felt different from the next and there was family play in the base. The sims 4 is nothing but one giant bro party with everything else but the young adult stage awkwardly shoved in on the side. A lot of people are desperate for gameplay for OTHER life stages. So if they did add a pack to sims 4 like generations it would be another piece of the sims 4 base game that should have been there since day 1 just like it was in sims 3, but the sims 4 REALLY needs something like that now. It does not need MORE partying because that's really the only thing to do in the game already. Sit around, socialize, and party... great, give us something else.

And generations in sims 3 added stuff for every age stage that was specifically FOR those stages, the sims 4 get to the bro party does not, and no, being able to make a club comprised of children is not really kid specific gameplay...
  • Options
    Cabelle1863Cabelle1863 Posts: 2,251 Member
    Even if we'll be able to make a club comprised of children, what exactly can we do with them? Can they play catch? Shoot hoops? Play tag? Red hands? I suppose they'll be the "hang out on the play structure club?" :/
  • Options
    SlyvanasSlyvanas Posts: 855 Member
    Even if we'll be able to make a club comprised of children, what exactly can we do with them? Can they play catch? Shoot hoops? Play tag? Red hands? I suppose they'll be the "hang out on the play structure club?" :/

It won't even be a structure but a back drop. And don't forget about the goals you'd have to fufill to make the club successful.
    oxv0Rm8.png
  • Options
    StefxxcStefxxc Posts: 53 Member
    People want a generation expansion for the sims 4 because they want toddlers and toddlers is game changing so yearh get together is NOTHING
  • Options
    anettesbanettesb Posts: 39,168 Member
    generation might not ad as much as some other EPs

but for me it had game chaning features... it enchanted the family play
    The IF (how ever anoying at time) makes a fun adition
    the daycare is fun (though it lacks that we can't send kids to day care)
    there was some nice new traits
    lots of new things to do (not just social things)
    and it was wanted

this new EP seems to have very few to wished for more party before hand
    but many players IS in a fiare need for more family play to enjoy the game...
    🌺 streaming at https://www.twitch.tv/lady_anette 🌻come join the Sylvan legacy, and help control their life. 🌳
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited August 2015
    Personally, IMHO the people who are absolutely RAGING about it need to calm down. I mean, it's just the FIRST trailer and we know next to nothing about it. We don't have ALL the details yet so I think the freak out is unwarranted.

Having said that - Generations was the ONLY EP in Sims 3 I didn't purchase. Not that I don't' like families - I do, but to me having toddlers and a few more social interactions isn't that big of a deal. Personally, I would rather have more things to DO in game, new objects, new careers, traveling, hobbies, ect. That's just me though.

And you know what this says to me, you enjoy playing childless Sims more in the game than family Sims or you would notice the first day you loaded up the TS4 how many interactions and activities are missing from it's base to do with ordinary family Sims' lives. You (general) saw the clubs, the bars, the ability for one kid to play a violin, and the goals. What you missed is these Sims do nothing together physically at all. For the first time ever in any base game.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    starofrohan1starofrohan1 Posts: 344 Member
    > @Cinebar said:
    > starofrohan1 wrote: »
    >
    > Personally, IMHO the people who are absolutely RAGING about it need to calm down. I mean, it's just the FIRST trailer and we know next to nothing about it. We don't have ALL the details yet so I think the freak out is unwarranted.
    >
    > Having said that - Generations was the ONLY EP in Sims 3 I didn't purchase. Not that I don't' like families - I do, but to me having toddlers and a few more social interactions isn't that big of a deal. Personally, I would rather have more things to DO in game, new objects, new careers, traveling, hobbies, ect. That's just me though.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > And you know what this says to me, you enjoy playing childless Sims more in the game than family Sims or you would notice the first day you loaded up the TS4 how many interactions and activities are missing from it's base to do with ordinary family Sims' lives. You (general) saw the clubs, the bars, the ability for one kid to play a violin, and the goals. What you missed is these Sims do nothing together physically at all. For the first time ever in any base game.

Actually, no. My sims are generally homebodies and stick to family type things - once they have families anyway. I just feel that a few more social interactions and things along those very lines are not going to overhaul the game and change it completely like some people are making it seem. I get some people LOVE toddlers and want more kid stuff, I just feel out of all the things to complain about or wish was changed it seems relatively small. Again, just MY opinion here, not trying to speak for anyone else.

I guess I feel like in RL (which sims is supposed to be representing as much as it can) your childhood and teen years are a small portion of your entire existence. Assuming you are lucky and live to be an elder that is. So to me having a bit less to do that the adults, and spending less time on them makes sense logically to me.

I guess my main point is I feel maybe some people are too focused on generations and are missing out on other fun aspects they could be enjoying while they wait for future additions....just my two cents. :)
    Follow me on Tumblr!
    Origin ID: starofrohan1

sigannouncement_zpsjkvq0qve.png

• Options
    sparkfairy1sparkfairy1 Posts: 11,453 Member
    > @Cinebar said:
    > starofrohan1 wrote: »
    >
    > Personally, IMHO the people who are absolutely RAGING about it need to calm down. I mean, it's just the FIRST trailer and we know next to nothing about it. We don't have ALL the details yet so I think the freak out is unwarranted.
    >
    > Having said that - Generations was the ONLY EP in Sims 3 I didn't purchase. Not that I don't' like families - I do, but to me having toddlers and a few more social interactions isn't that big of a deal. Personally, I would rather have more things to DO in game, new objects, new careers, traveling, hobbies, ect. That's just me though.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > And you know what this says to me, you enjoy playing childless Sims more in the game than family Sims or you would notice the first day you loaded up the TS4 how many interactions and activities are missing from it's base to do with ordinary family Sims' lives. You (general) saw the clubs, the bars, the ability for one kid to play a violin, and the goals. What you missed is these Sims do nothing together physically at all. For the first time ever in any base game.

Actually, no. My sims are generally homebodies and stick to family type things - once they have families anyway. I just feel that a few more social interactions and things along those very lines are not going to overhaul the game and change it completely like some people are making it seem. I get some people LOVE toddlers and want more kid stuff, I just feel out of all the things to complain about or wish was changed it seems relatively small. Again, just MY opinion here, not trying to speak for anyone else.

I guess I feel like in RL (which sims is supposed to be representing as much as it can) your childhood and teen years are a small portion of your entire existence. Assuming you are lucky and live to be an elder that is. So to me having a bit less to do that the adults, and spending less time on them makes sense logically to me.

I guess my main point is I feel maybe some people are too focused on generations and are missing out on other fun aspects they could be enjoying while they wait for future additions....just my two cents. :)

My play style is a real love of early years family play. Without toddlers and with only object babies my most loved aspect of family play has disappeared. The game feels hollow without those stages.
  • Options
    esharpmajoresharpmajor Posts: 1,055 Member
    @starofrohan1 I must say I appreciate the diplomatic way you worded that last post. I personally find the lack of physically animated group activities a pretty glaring hole in the game, but I sympathise that there are many other things that need to be addressed as well, and I accept that you think generations style content may not be a cure all. Honestly I'm inclined to agree with that.

I guess my main issue is I don't feel like Get Together is addressing ANY of the things this game needed. It didn't *have* to be toddlers, and more stuff for kids/families. It could have been more creative tools, or more unique things to do while out on the town, or an attraction system, or more subtle and balanced emotions.... But it seems to be adding too much of what we have already: chatting, dancing, partying with seemingly no real substance, or impact on the game. I just dont see this ep adding much to MY personal game play style, nor do I see it addressing any of the many issues that the community has been clamouring for.

It didn't have to be toddlers or shorter teens or freed babies, but it needed to be SOMETHING.
  • Options
    ColesPrimaryAccColesPrimaryAcc Posts: 32 Member
    edited August 2015
    Generations for me was almost like the seasons expansion pack because they both added core stuff that should have been in the game from the start. Its not my favorite EP. I'm sure a lot can agree Island Paradise was one of the best EP's except for the lag that came with it, but if any EP is needed the most right now its Generations, Because when you have kids there kind of really boring in The Sims 4 compared to Sims 3.
  • Options
    anettesbanettesb Posts: 39,168 Member
    Generations for me was almost like the seasons expansion pack because they both added core stuff that should have been in the game from the start. Its not my favorite EP. I'm sure a lot can agree Island Paradise was one of the best EP's except for the lag that came with it, but if any EP is needed the most right now its Generations, Because when you have kids there kind of really boring in The Sims 4 compared to Sims 3.

spot on for me.. those to EP's ad to the core and work in the background... when they gone I miss them a lot

(though IP wasn't my favorit... but it's in the top... hey difrent styles thats just amazing right?)
    🌺 streaming at https://www.twitch.tv/lady_anette 🌻come join the Sylvan legacy, and help control their life. 🌳