Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims Freeplay

MDancer9112MDancer9112 Posts: 1,086 Member
edited August 2015 in The Sims FreePlay
I think the app is ok.
But for people who are busy and don't always have time on their side, I probably wouldn't get the game, its very time consuming.

What do u think about Sims Freeplay?

EDIT: If you don't have much time 2 play you probably shouldn't get it.
giphy.gif
Me watching GT at Gamescom.
I'm back!!^-^
Paradox forum name: aMazingSimmer
Post edited by MDancer9112 on

Comments

• Options
    LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    My sister played it for a while, and she didn't like it. The thing she didn't like about it was it was based on real time. So if the sim needed to sleep for 8 hours, it's not 8 sim hours, but 8 real time hours. She was living with me at the time, and I would watch and listen to her while she was playing the game.
  • Options
    ohmyglobguysohmyglobguys Posts: 346 Member
    I tried it briefly. It's not any fun :/
    tumblr_n1hktrsv5i1skyr7eo1_500.gif

My wishlist: MeanMasterJay
    My Top 5
  • Options
    Cabelle1863Cabelle1863 Posts: 2,251 Member
    I played it for about a week, a couple of years back. I don't like either how it's based on real time. I'm also not interested in the "free to play, pay to have extras that complete gameplay." Instead of free to play, I think I'd just rather buy a game with the content I want, like Sims 2. None of the "freemium" apps out there interest me much.
  • Options
    I agree,
    the good thing about Sims on the laptop is that its not based on real time.
    giphy.gif
    I'm back!!^-^
  • Options
    SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,828 Member
    I just started playing it. It's something to do in bed at night on my tablet. Sometimes I forget about it and don't get task done in time. The game has been glitching on me and gives no credit for something my sim just spent 8+ hours doing. Very annoying...
    i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
  • Options
    DiamondkoolDiamondkool Posts: 4,481 Member
    Rubbish. I don't like real time gameplay and ain't nobody got time for that game. I wish EA didn't make it based on real time so it would be great.
    7ef6931fe80152dcec309a30cbe73f13.png
    Click on my signature to access my tumblr blog!
  • Options
    EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,937 Member
    I love The Sims Freeplay. I don't hate it at all.
  • Options
    Rukola_SchaafRukola_Schaaf Posts: 3,065 Member
    the last time i played it years ago was seeing them standing all around in their pee puddles all their needs in red
    i hated that app
    then i deleted it

a week ago or so i watched a TSFP video & it is still the same gameplay as it was then just with more stuff in it
    those "sims" are still nothing but slaves working in the "garden" tending those "plants" to earn gems to speed up tasks
    what a gameplay :cold_sweat:

@MDancer9112
    you should move that thread to the now new TS Free Play area :trollface:

i won't be participating in the forums & the gallery anymore - thanks EA
  • Options
    the last time i played it years ago was seeing them standing all around in their pee puddles all their needs in red
    i hated that app
    then i deleted it

a week ago or so i watched a TSFP video & it is still the same gameplay as it was then just with more stuff in it
    those "sims" are still nothing but slaves working in the "garden" tending those "plants" to earn gems to speed up tasks
    what a gameplay :cold_sweat:

@MDancer9112
    you should move that thread to the now new TS Free Play area :trollface:

Ikr
    Just done it :trollface:
    giphy.gif
    I'm back!!^-^
  • Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    edited August 2015
    I like playing it in a laid back app game kind of way. Which means I'm not going to pay for it - if I don't manage to finish tasks in time so be it, I really don't care but I like it when I do succeed; a win-win situation so to speak B) - and I actually like the real time ingredient. I make sure every sim in my world is occupied with stuff that takes them hours (mostly work and gardening) and some of them work on the tasks and assignments. That way I can play the game for about ten minutes and put it aside again for hours. In no way do I compare it to the real Sims game and I definitely wouldn't want this playing style in the pc game.

I've got a couple of families now, a baby and one baby on the way. I'm actually looking forward to the tasks that will unlock toddlers and kids. I'll continue playing it untill the moment I get bored by it, but that's no different than any other app game for me.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    I_M1LOS_II_M1LOS_I Posts: 256 Member
    I think the app is ok.
    But for people who are busy and don't always have time on their side, I probably wouldn't get the game, its very time consuming.

EDIT: The game is THE WORST APP BY EA
    DO NOT DOWNLOAD IT!

It's not right to be so rude to the game. There are people who love the game, and that is insult for they.
    For me personally, the game is very good.

I'm actually a game developer, and playing Sims just inspires me.
  • Options
    BluegayleBluegayle Posts: 4,186 Member
    I am new to it but am enjoying being able to take my sims to work. ;-) with me For my breaks that is of course.
    If anyone has Game Center you can add me. Same handle but with a capital if that makes a difference there: Bluegayle
    Not a big fan of facebook anymore so prefer to use the Center for friends.
    "Every child matters. If we fail our children, we are bound to fail our present, our future, faith, cultures, and civilizations as well."
    ZO6GpFg.jpg

AHQ Champion
  • Options
    Jarsie9Jarsie9 Posts: 12,714 Member
    Meh. They lost me when they took away my free dog and my free car.
    EA Marketing Department Motto:
    "We Don't Care If You LIKE The Game, Just As Long As You BUY The Game!"
    B)
    I Disapprove (Naturally)
    I Took The Pledge!
  • Options
    Jaysim88Jaysim88 Posts: 1,327 Member
    I've only been playing since yesterday, I have tried to play in the past but haven't ever really been able to put up with how long everything takes to do. I have to admit tho that I'm actually having a blast with the game. I still find it tedious when it comes to the whole 4 hours for this 8 hours for that especially when you are timed to win a free prize. But all in all its pretty addictive. More addictive to me than 4 is.
  • Options
    I_M1LOS_I wrote: »
    I think the app is ok.

EDIT: The game is THE WORST APP BY EA
    DO NOT DOWNLOAD IT!

It's not right to be so rude to the game. There are people who love the game, and that is insult for they.
    For me personally, the game is very good.

I saw my mistake and changed it.
    giphy.gif
    I'm back!!^-^
  • Options
    I must say I prefer some animations to those in Sims 3 :o Learning a baby how to walk for instance is much more realistic in the app game.
    Jaysim88 wrote: »
    More addictive to me than 4 is.
    Unfortunately for me too...
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    emmaningemmaning Posts: 3,407 Member
    EgonVM wrote: »

I reccomend the Simpsons tapped out.
    It's an app you'll love.
    Oh and $40 of ITunes credit for your sims freeplay & Simpsons tapped out app needs.
    You seem like not really a gamer and you just like apps, no offence but seriously you neeeed Simpsons tapped out.
    feKqkxf.jpg

My blog: ning's backlog
    Don't forget the forum rules are on the forum- go find 'em!
  • Options
    emmaning wrote: »

It's an app you'll love.
    Oh and $40 of ITunes credit for your sims freeplay & Simpsons tapped out app needs.
    You seem like not really a gamer and you just like apps, no offence but seriously you neeeed Simpsons tapped out.
    I'm sure I must be misunderstanding you, because how did you conclude they're not really a gamer? I'm not really a gamer by the way, I just love Sims 3. And I like Freeplay at the moment. Better than Sims 4 in fact because Freeplay is an app game and Sims 4 is supposed to be a pc game.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    emmaningemmaning Posts: 3,407 Member
    JoAnne65 wrote: »
    emmaning wrote: »

It's an app you'll love.
    I'm sure I must be misunderstanding you, because how did you conclude they're not really a gamer? I'm not really a gamer by the way, I just love Sims 3. And I like Freeplay at the moment. Better than Sims 4 in fact because Freeplay is an app game and Sims 4 is supposed to be a pc game.

I read it as they only play apps. Playing just apps isn't really gaming. They seemed to play mainly apps.
    If you play freeplay, get Simpsons tapped out now. You'll need iTunes credit :cookie: for the bonuses like a 10-pack of extra cookies. (They seriously have inapp purchases this ridiculous but freeplay does too)
    feKqkxf.jpg

My blog: ning's backlog
    Don't forget the forum rules are on the forum- go find 'em!
  • Options
    Lol, the funny thing is that I have Tapped Out and I actually enjoy it more that Free Play :D
    giphy.gif
    I'm back!!^-^
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,873 Member
    I've been playing since the beginning. I'm currently at Level 47, have 27 residents, and have unlocked all venues except the Animal Park and Carnival. Currently working on life orbs to unlock the carnival. Have completed almost all the available quests and am working on the Super Toddler Secret Mission Quest which unlocks the toddler finger painting hobby. After playing for 4 years I recently got a new iPad Air 2 and was so afraid I wouldn't be able to transfer all my data but I was able to upload to the cloud and then download to the new iPad.

I usually play for 10-15 minutes before bedtime. That way I'm not waiting forever for tasks to be completed. A tip for those trying to collect life orbs is to select life dreams that take a good amount of time, like 8-12 hours to complete. For example if you choose a Sporty life dream one of the options is ballet which can be done for 6 hours or 12 hours. That way you're not having to go into the game every few hours.

If anyone is looking for a good game guide check out this one.
    https://thegirlwhogames.wordpress.com/
  • Options
    KVvin2081KVvin2081 Posts: 75 Member
    I am in level 42 I am also missing the carnival and animal park, and I am also missing half the beach and half the arcade, I still have not finished the monuments or the the sims city sign because of the aging and having to save there life's with LP's I want the aging to stop. I prefer buying something that would make their aging stop.
  • Options
    iamcherylfailsiamcherylfails Posts: 214 Member
    I actually don't mind Freeplay but I can go weeks or months at a time without touching it and then go on a sort of play-binge. I haven't completed a lot of the things they've added for a while as my playing is so on-and-off (I'm still in the middle of the cooking one?) I used to play it while I waited for Sims 3 to load up which used to take forever, but now with Sims 4 the load times aren't as long for me so I don't bother. I never manage to complete the things within the time limits which is annoying because I've missed out on some of the free stuff I actually want but life gets in the way or I forget. But yeah, I don't mind the game... although I wish we had more face options and things like that, kind of upset that a couple of sims on there I really like on there will have the ability to die from old age if I complete the Life Dreams and Legacies (?) quest line... Which I believe I'm going to need to do at some point to get the life orbs and advance :(

TLDR: I like the game in general but I don't always have time for the game and I miss a lot of stuff and end up really far behind.

Honestly it's probably the best mobile game I've played and I enjoy the fact we get regular updates even though I end up trailing really far behind :D
  • Options
    AudreyFldAudreyFld Posts: 6,695 Member
    The cooking one is great. Once you get that quest finished earning LPs is super easy. I can get 10 - 20 in less than an hour of game play. The cooking hobby can be done by teen through elder. There is a meal that takes one minute to complete. Create a house with 10 cooking workstations and make all of your sims cook the 1 minute meal. You will earn 1 LP as each sim levels up, but completing the set will give you 5. You will also earn a lot of money doing this as you get paid for each dish created. I can get through the entire list of items in 10 or 15 minutes. They also seem to skill up faster with this hobby. So if you get to the cooking hobby, it is worth getting it done.
  • Options
    EricasFreePlayEricasFreePlay Posts: 849 Member
    I loved it from the first day I played it last September. I took a break for a few months because I got bored when new content wasn't being added. I came back a few months ago and have loved it since. Only thing I DON'T like is that it requires a constant data connection and I can't take my tablets with me (they are Wi-Fi only) and my phone's screen is too small. Hopefully I can get a new phone with a larger screen so I don't have to lug my tablets around and try to get Wi-Fi.