May 23rd - It's time for a new Laundry List! You can read more on what's coming next here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Dishwashers are FREE!

Comments

• Options
    DuvernoyLysisDuvernoyLysis Posts: 28 Member
    @king_of_simcity7 , you just have to not buy "cool kitchen", like that for you it will be free and you'll cease talking nonsense!
  • Options
    king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    @MrSimmis I knew you was Sims Finch on Youtube, I said hi to you when I saw you comment on a video :smiley:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    @king_of_simcity7 , you just have to not buy "cool kitchen", like that for you it will be free and you'll cease talking nonsense!

Excuse me?

Your a new member and your first ever comment was one to insult me?

Charming
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    taatelimiestaatelimies Posts: 105 Member
    Well duh, something has to pay the devs their salary. But the dishwashers (or one dishwasher) itself is free content.
    Origin ID: pinkb4tman | PSN: otttoe
  • Options
    itsugitsug Posts: 1,613 Member
    edited August 2015
    This aint sims specific though.
    Plum, this aint even EA specific, all games who have major patches do it this way.
    Look at Blizzard and World of Warcraft.
    Every expansion comes with a big patch that people get without having to pay anything additional to the subscription fee.

Same goes with Bioware and SWTor.
    New big patches come, and people pay for additional content with expansions.

So in short, I cant see where you are going with this either.
    Most gaming companies do it this way.
    Admin and on Support team of MC CmD @ Discord - https://discord.gg/Jcc8uRW
    MC CmD is available at https://deaderpool-mccc.com/
  • Options
    Jimboola11Jimboola11 Posts: 1,850 Member
    I must admit I was surprised that we only got the one version. I totally expected a cheap noise one & a nice delux type. But ho hum.
  • Options
    Rukola_SchaafRukola_Schaaf Posts: 3,065 Member
    Ok, so it seems that at long last, the dishwashers are finally back and another item is ticked off the list.

However are they really free?

No, they come with 'Cool Kitchen' and so the funding to make the dishwashers came from the funding the make Cool Kitchen. It is assumed that cool kitchen makes enough money to cover costs, the dishwasher is paid for so they have included the dishwasher as a 'free patch' and that patch is of course, paid for through those who buy Cool Kitchen.

So the dishwasher is free for those who don't buy CK but for those who do, as you are technically getting that dishwasher for free, all you are paying for is a few counters and stuff you get in the basegame but re coloured.

This is the same when they patched basements & lockable doors into the game, they were paid for with what ever SP came out at that same time thus they aren't really free, some players are paying for them.

It is a good marketing ploy yes, but they are not really 'free'

Anyone get me?

maybe you are being a little too negative
    cause nobody is forced to buy CoolKitchen
    it's the risk of the devs to make that deal - one part buys CK, all players get dishwashers

besides,
    those who buy CK like the ice, that's why it's titled Cool, so it's more about the ice than about the dishwashers
    the dishwashers are there to make the basegame more complete & indeed it is that way, that the more free stuff the devs are releasing the more inclined i am to bother with the thought to actually buy more additions

for me personally is ice not an incentive to buy that addition, but i would buy an architectural SP, which would maybe pay for improved fenced patched in for free, i had nothing against that cause i want that architectural stuff, & i would get the fences too, so everything's ok with me about that deal :smile:

probably are 30 flavours of ice for you also not the big deal
    but some players are totally bedazzled with that, people are indeed that different :lol:

i won't be participating in the forums & the gallery anymore - thanks EA
  • Options
    AyumapAyumap Posts: 3,425 Member
    Ayumap wrote: »
    I wish I was in on the Dishwasher hype. :( I'm happy for everyone that wanted them, but reading the patch notes was a let down for me. Pretty "meh". xD

Then again I like the chores. >.> I want laundry.

I would like to see the laundry aspect come in with the cool kitchen pack...but it won't happen I'm pretty sure they will or may add it into the game in the future, also at least we got a dishwasher free I know what u guys are saying.

Oh for sure, not trying to knock the Dishwashers. I appreciate that they were free, I just don't personally care about them.

Would be nice to get laundry with "town life" or apartments. I want washers. dryers, and the ability to hand wash clothes as well as hang them. I'd also like sweeping, mopping, dusting. I like the "busy work" because it makes it so there's always something to do.

I like how they did it in Sims 3 though, so people weren't forced to deal with laundry.

---
    Anyway though, I actually updated my game for the first time since May. My sim's love using the dishwasher so much they don't use the sink any more. Maybe all sims are different? I only tried one household. The husband is a slob so there are always chores lol.
    2m60a6q.jpg
    *There's nothing wrong with loving the Sims 4, there's also nothing wrong with seeking improvements.
    A list of Mods I use.|My Sims 4 Mod and CC "Master" post. Helpful Links included.
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,576 Member
    Ultra wrote: »
    Both Sims 2 and sims 3 base games came with at least two dishwashers (and sims 1 i believe). The animations for the dishwaster were better in the sims 2. That game is over 10 years old. So yeah its bad. It represents the biggest problem with the sims 4 everything is done lazily and half 🐸🐸🐸🐸. The quality is getting worse and worse. I imagine them all sitting around a computer saying " ah it will do" Everything about this game screams "meh, good enough" It is 2015. This is not the standard of game we should be getting. But there are people willing to pay for 🐸🐸🐸🐸 so they are going to keep shovelling at us and taking our $$.
    It totally alarms me - that 'good enough' attitude. But it alarms me even more that people accept this state of affairs.

I watched the little video kindly provided by @MrSimmis (hilarious, by the way!) and the first thought that popped into my head was 'did that dishwasher just pop open on its own?'.

EA continue to astonish me. Yeah - big hype - we're giving you the dishwasher that you have been requesting for so long! Never mind the fact that we excluded it from the base game and never mind that we were too lazy to make the sim pull open the freakin door. Just be happy cos it's 'free'!
  • Options
    TeresitaTeresita Posts: 630 Member
    I... oh!

tumblr_inline_nrljrore4q1rrhkwd_500.gif

I like where this thread is going.
  • Options
    KiwicantdieKiwicantdie Posts: 1,305 Member
    Wat.

I understand but I'm not sure I even want to at this point. Whatever.
    Thank you for voicing your opinion, OP :)
    KEBB11a.png
    Origin ID: Kiwicantdie
    Willow Creek | Evergreen Harbor
  • Options
    domestictipudomestictipu Posts: 233 Member
    So, you've discovered that things cost to make regardless if they then are given away for free? Good on you.
    wedding%2Bhobo.png
  • Options
    Wat.

I understand but I'm not sure I even want to at this point. Whatever.
    Thank you for voicing your opinion, OP :)

Thanks for the kind feedback :smile:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    BrittanyChick22BrittanyChick22 Posts: 2,130 Member
    edited August 2015
    It was paid for when you bought sims 4, they rushed it out so fast which is why they have to patch it in. Otherwise im sure the content would have been placed in other gps, eps, sps.
    giphy.gif

• Options
    taatelimiestaatelimies Posts: 105 Member
    Oookay, just discovered the dishwasher is not compatible with my CC counters, and is not affected by moveobjects. Bummer.
    Origin ID: pinkb4tman | PSN: otttoe
  • Options
    It was paid for when you bought sims 4, they rushed it out so fast which is why they have to patch it in. Otherwise im sure the content would have been placed in other gps, eps, sps.

But why wait 11 months for something that you paid for last September?
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 7,002 Member
    Ok, so it seems that at long last, the dishwashers are finally back and another item is ticked off the list.

No, they come with 'Cool Kitchen' and so the funding to make the dishwashers came from the funding the make Cool Kitchen. It is assumed that cool kitchen makes enough money to cover costs, the dishwasher is paid for so they have included the dishwasher as a 'free patch' and that patch is of course, paid for through those who buy Cool Kitchen.

So the dishwasher is free for those who don't buy CK but for those who do, as you are technically getting that dishwasher for free, all you are paying for is a few counters and stuff you get in the basegame but re coloured.

This is the same when they patched basements & lockable doors into the game, they were paid for with what ever SP came out at that same time thus they aren't really free, some players are paying for them.

Anyone get me?

I personally think it is nice that they put some important things in the game for those who can't afford the packs... It makes the game more interesting for everyone!
  • Options
    Evenstar606Evenstar606 Posts: 1,618 Member
    Nothing in life is free, everything has some sort of price. :)
  • Options
    John_SalonicaJohn_Salonica Posts: 353 Member
    I got it yesterday for free, I dont really care about marketing or something. Im a player. Im happy they give this to me for free instead of include this in cool kitchen stuff.
    xyIcMqt.png
  • Options
    IngeJonesIngeJones Posts: 3,247 Member
    Does the sim have to stand and wait till the dishwasher has finished, or can they just load it and walk off?
  • Options
    Jessa_DakkarJessa_Dakkar Posts: 9,737 Member
    IngeJones wrote: »
    Does the sim have to stand and wait till the dishwasher has finished, or can they just load it and walk off?

They are free to walk away and do other things.
  • Options
    husseinandalihusseinandali Posts: 2,622 Member
    Sanriel85 wrote: »
    I think some people shall always look the bad way no matter anything
    Yep why do we even need to complain about free content

everybody is entitled to the own opinion
    as you are free to disagree

& in general i think that to think independently & voice the own opinion
    is a better thing than to tell people to remain silent if what they have to say are complaints :open_mouth:

why do we even have to complain about complaints again ?

I still dont see the point of complain about free content
    yondu-guardians1.jpg
    over here i post my cc
    new: https://simsworkshop.net/members/g1g2.1032/
    old: modthesims.info/m/8847624
    you may know me as g1g2

• Options
    Sanriel85 wrote: »
    I think some people shall always look the bad way no matter anything
    Yep why do we even need to complain about free content

everybody is entitled to the own opinion
    as you are free to disagree

& in general i think that to think independently & voice the own opinion
    is a better thing than to tell people to remain silent if what they have to say are complaints :open_mouth:

why do we even have to complain about complaints again ?

I still dont see the point of complain about free content

I wasn't complaining, I was pointing out that some layers will be buying the SP and as the dishwashers have already been given out, it feels like it has less value
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    Sim_LucentSim_Lucent Posts: 689 Member

Anyone get me?

I might be lost here.. but wouldn't this be applied to any patch in the game where they gave us something 'free?' It would have technically been funded somewhere.. whether by base game purchases, allotted budgets, or whatever.

Maybe it's just too early for me to even be touching on this. ><
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • Options
    Prink34320Prink34320 Posts: 5,078 Member
    Well of course we're not getting them for free, we bought the game using money and patches to fix bugs and glitches is mandatory, we paid to buy the base game therefore we paid to buy every 'free' content patch. Many games, especially MMOs that are actually free constantly have content patches that add items available to allot of their players. I personally like all these content patches but dislike how the game industry these days emphasises 'free' as if patches were previously paid for.
    Live your life to the fullest, don't wait for a miracle to happen, be the miracle to make things happen.
    Sometimes your creativity is limited where you use it most, but you can use those limitations to inspire new forms of creativity you may never have thought of beforehand.