Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection on Windows 10

Comments

• Options
    JULES1111JULES1111 Posts: 4,489 Member
    Okay. That’s what I DIDNT do. I deleted it last night and left it on until now and it still running but beautifully. But if I can make it faster by doing read only I will!!

Also. I LOVE IT @Mstybl95

Ahh yes just redownload (if you didn't save the empty file) and just set it to read only. It not only makes the game run faster, but it stops that folder from bloating up, which causes game crashes and no starts.
  • Options
    sleekoduck87sleekoduck87 Posts: 255 Member
    @Scribal_Goddess Thank you so much! I used the Memoryleak fix and my game is working again! Yay! :smiley:

gcJFKh.jpg

ONI2Sc.jpg
    I'm working on adding my mods to Curseforge. In the mean time, check out my YouTube channel & WordPress blog for more. I go by Sleekoduck. I'm also the one who figured out how to play The Sims 2 in Windows 8 and the original fix is on Facebook & LiveJournal. Thanks for the 100 Awesomes everyone!6a00e54ee3905b883301bb07e55862970.jpg
  • Options
    Scribal_GoddessScribal_Goddess Posts: 748 Member
    @Scribal_Goddess Thank you so much! I used the Memoryleak fix and my game is working again! Yay! :smiley:

gcJFKh.jpg

ONI2Sc.jpg

I think Jules suggested the memory leak patch, but I'm happy for you!
    Patron Goddess of Newbs and Ninnyhammers.
    TS2 Graphics Fix Tutorial]
  • Options
    sleekoduck87sleekoduck87 Posts: 255 Member
    edited March 2018
    @Scribal_Goddess I found the video on your comment, so you get the kudos. Have a great day!
    I'm working on adding my mods to Curseforge. In the mean time, check out my YouTube channel & WordPress blog for more. I go by Sleekoduck. I'm also the one who figured out how to play The Sims 2 in Windows 8 and the original fix is on Facebook & LiveJournal. Thanks for the 100 Awesomes everyone!6a00e54ee3905b883301bb07e55862970.jpg
  • Options
    Mstybl95Mstybl95 Posts: 5,883 Member
    Hmm...looks like we should spread that fix to help simmers on other sites.
  • Options
    octobersimmeroctobersimmer Posts: 40 Member
    I agree. I'm going to head over to Leefish and do it. I was there and discussing with some folks about the issue. @Mstybl95
  • Options

gcJFKh.jpg

ONI2Sc.jpg

I think Jules suggested the memory leak patch, but I'm happy for you!

:D Actually it was @Mstybl95 that came up with that fix.

Glad your game is working again @sleekoduck87 Enjoy your game!

Agreed about spreading the word, I have already told a few people to try it.
  • Options
    edited March 2018
    https://ibb.co/eYKvpc
    https://ibb.co/hWYMUc

Wasn't sure how to post them in the thread but found out I cant cus im new XD but couldn't help but showing these beautiful visuals of my hood. I love how seamless and quickly it runs. This lot is a beach spa place I built. You can also see some houses overlooking the lot and also an in-hood university/dorm I have.
  • Options

Wasn't sure how to post them in the thread but found out I cant cus im new XD but couldn't help but showing these beautiful visuals of my hood. I love how seamless and quickly it runs. This lot is a beach spa place I built. You can also see some houses overlooking the lot and also an in-hood university/dorm I have.

Very atmospheric! I love the mediterranean vibe.
  • Options

Nice! Pretty lots. :)
  • Options

Dang...from those pics it almost looks like TS3! Very nice!
  • Options
    zobotxxzobotxx Posts: 10 New Member
    I have sims 2 ultimate collection, but it loads really slow (I have Windows 10). How do you fix the blocky water in neighborhood? I don't mind these things much, but can anyone help, or should I go to an adviser?
  • Options
    @Mstybl95 Thank you!! I’m loving it rn. Will share my sims too.

@zobotxx Hey there.

The blocky terrain is generally there because your computer can’t handle anything better. However, with Window 10’s new awful operating system it seems to appear for even the best games especially because the Sims 2 is over a decade old now and is technically “ancient” in the world of video games and technology.

If you decide to change the terrain rules in your game it is at your own risk... as overtime it may damage of computer.

Also, if your game is running slowly it’s likely because (1) your computer cannot handle it on any other setting or (2) you have too many downloads (3) there are too many background applications operating behind the scenes on your computer (Windows 10 is famous for this. It’s honestly disgusting.) To change your terrain rules do the following found in this link: http://modthesims.info/t/479610

If you think your computer is hot stuff and can handle it but that it’s a Sims 2 Ultimate Collection issue (not unlikely because EA kinda just threw it out there) then hope is not lost. You can adjust your graphics card game settings to accommodate your computer properly.

http://www.🐸🐸🐸🐸/mybb/showthread.php?tid=6569

If you have any questions feel free to ask me.
  • Options
    zobotxx wrote: »
    I have sims 2 ultimate collection, but it loads really slow (I have Windows 10). How do you fix the blocky water in neighborhood? I don't mind these things much, but can anyone help, or should I go to an adviser?

My sig has a shortcut to a graphics fix tutorial for TS2, and for how to speed it up.
  • Options
    zobotxxzobotxx Posts: 10 New Member
    @Scribal_Goddess @octobersimmer
    Thanks, I fixed the blocky water using graphics rules maker. My game seems to load quicker anyway :)
  • Options
    pookysimsloverpookysimslover Posts: 339 Member
    edited March 2018
    I just installed it on my Win 10 laptop a few days ago, and it seems fine except I can't find Body Shop, which I did find on my Win 8 desktop with help from someone here before! But I can't find it on now, and I really don't want to be limited to using just what the main game has for creating Sims!
    To follow me or check out my creations my name is claramj and my avatar is Nikki Cat, she's in my gallery!
  • Options
    pookysimsloverpookysimslover Posts: 339 Member
    james64468 wrote: »
    jegoode wrote: »
    popalopn wrote: »
    @LittleFlower1995 if you have the disks of the game you can try to ask for the ultimate collection by chatting with an EA support chat person online. Just ask nicely and keep trying if they say no. :D

I lost my base game and had a chat with EA support today, I just had to prove I had at least one EP for TS2 and they gave me a code for UC so you should definitely give it a go @LittleFlower1995 :)

Are they really giving it out for free still? I have a friend who really would like the Ultimate Collection - I thought you had to have the base game (which she no longer has) in order to prove that you had the game?? O_o

sadly no. But if your friend has a product key might have a big chance.

I just got mine a couple months ago, but you must have the base game product code at least or they won't let you have it! I got it because I was talking to customer service about something else and decided to ask the woman I was talking to about it, luckily I had my base game laying around near me, so I gave her that and she gave the game to me! But you must have a code from the base game, they may even do it with one of the others too,but I doubt it, but they won't just give it away without proof that you bought at least the base game!
    To follow me or check out my creations my name is claramj and my avatar is Nikki Cat, she's in my gallery!
  • Options
    edited March 2018
    Hello @pookysimslover

Good question! Follow this quick rundown to find Body Shop. https://answers.ea.com/t5/Other-The-Sims-Games/I-can-t-find-the-Sims-2-Body-Shop-in-the-Ultimate-Collection/td-p/3191964

Remember however that Body Shop notoriously can take a long period of time to even load so be ready to do something else while you wait.

I would recommend downloading Razer Cortex Game Booster to minimize loading and maximize performance! (Thanks @Mstybl95 ) Let me know if you have any questions.

I wanted to add one more thing!

A bit ago I came across some amazing modders who developed some AMAZING sliders and Sim editing tools for download that are in my opinion better than Body shop and you can use them IN GAME. so no super log waiting screen for Body Shop.

The download is tested and verified. I’ve been using it with no problems. Check it out:
    http://modthesims.info/d/593107
  • Options
    edited March 2018
    I just installed it on my Win 10 laptop a few days ago, and it seems fine except I can't find Body Shop, which I did find on my Win 8 desktop with help from someone here before! But I can't find it on now, and I really don't want to be limited to using just what the main game has for creating Sims!

The shortcut won't always install on it's own. The path for the UC is Program files x86>Origin Games>The sims ultimate collection>Fun with Pets>sP9>CSBin. Then click on body shop EXE, and it should (slowly) launch for the first time.
  • Options
    Rhiannon58Rhiannon58 Posts: 806 Member
    @Mstybl95 Your hood is amazing. And it tells me I’m a terrible city planner. *laughs* Oh well. Next time I start a new city, I’ll do better because now I know better!
  • Options
    Rhiannon58 wrote: »
    @Mstybl95 Your hood is amazing. And it tells me I’m a terrible city planner. *laughs* Oh well. Next time I start a new city, I’ll do better because now I know better!

Thanks, @Rhiannon58 ! Don't feel too bad...I actually minored in City Planning so I hope I do well enough at it. :D -yep...all it takes is a little bit of planning and thinking about where things should go in a town. I'm pretty good at urban areas, but oh boy...when it comes to my agricultural towns or beach towns...not so much.

I actually finished building the whole thing now. I just have to create my founding families now...so much work...I just want to play! I think I'm going to start a new thread on my town set up. I think it's a little too ambitious, but so far so good.
  • Options
    @Mstybl95 ooo sounds fun.

I started w one founding family. They just had twins!! Had to move out of their tiny house and stared building their first family home. My goal is to have them be filthy rich but as of right now ... doesn’t look like it happenin while they’re adults haha

I have it so that the wedding lot on the beach charges a certain about of $ for every hour. So with that and buying wedding outfits + food and booking he vacation then going on the vacation we were scrapped. @_@... this journey for wealth will be a mess.

We need a thread just to share our hoods lol
  • Options

I started w one founding family. They just had twins!! Had to move out of their tiny house and stared building their first family home. My goal is to have them be filthy rich but as of right now ... doesn’t look like it happenin while they’re adults haha

I have it so that the wedding lot on the beach charges a certain about of $ for every hour. So with that and buying wedding outfits + food and booking he vacation then going on the vacation we were scrapped. @_@... this journey for wealth will be a mess.

I can never make my Sims rich in one generation. It usually takes 2-3 generations to get there.

Since my town is already built, I'm trying to fill it with playables and avoid NPCs if possible. So my town is set in the future of my previous (lost to the crashing 2018) town, which was full of government and corporate corruption. In that neighborhood, there were 3 rich families who owned everything and most of everyone else was poor. Well, in my new town, the people had an uprising for equality and elected a new mayor from among themselves and he has worked to change to town and empower the people. He changed the schools and added lots of Skilling objects, plus a community college. So now Sims are prepared for the work force. There is now a manufacturing district where my Sims can work, many have opened up businesses. And I'm trying to run it like a real business where a store buys from a manufacturer so there is a distribution channel. Then the store sells it to the public for an upcharge.

It's complicated. Not sure if it is even going to work yet. I'm currently building robots and I have to create the business owner of the robot store. I want to see if I can make it so that only he can buy from the manufacturer.
  • Options

That is a interesting way to play. I can't imagine a beach charging by the hour! That is a little crazy. :D Thread with hoods: http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/935813/show-off-your-hood/p1 :)

@Mstybl95 OMG that is a lot of work you are putting into the hood. Very realistic! I hope it works out the way you want it to. I like the backstory too! Power to the lil' simmies!!! :D
  • Options
    EthropturEthroptur Posts: 53 Member
    I have recently been given a digital copy of The Sims 2: Ultimate Collection, yet in my attempts to transfer all of my save files to the Ultimate Collection via copy/paste, I have encountered an error. For some reason, the Ultimate Collection refuses to recognise my transferred custom neighbourhoods. This is made even more bizarre by the fact that the game recognises my CC perfectly fine (the "running-with-scissors" scissors).

I've already tried repairing my copy of the game via Origin, but to no luck. Does anyone have a workaround for this issue? Before downloading the Ultimate Collection, I was using the store edition of TS2. Thanks.