February 15 - Friday Highlight is here, waiting for you to check it out!
How do we choose our Maxis Faves? - Our curation guide got a revamp! If you want to get an insight on how Maxis Faves are curated, check it out!

The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection on Windows 10

1234568...Next

Comments

• octobersimmeroctobersimmer Posts: 38 Member
    @Rflong7 thanks! But I don’t see the solution
  • Mstybl95Mstybl95 Posts: 4,877 Member
    I have also seen the pink flashing. I also had a CTD. I don't remember if Microsoft put out another update.
    logo_489628_web_zps00dd166f.png
  • octobersimmeroctobersimmer Posts: 38 Member
    There’s apparently a fix by theJessaChannel on YouTube but it can’t seem to get it to work
  • EmilytheSimmer18EmilytheSimmer18 Posts: 8 New Member
    > @Scribal_Goddess said:
    > EmilytheSimmer18 wrote: »
    >
    > My game still got object errors when I create a sim.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Does CAS crash when it does this?

Yep, it does.
  • Scribal_GoddessScribal_Goddess Posts: 748 Member
    > @Scribal_Goddess said:
    > EmilytheSimmer18 wrote: »
    >
    > My game still got object errors when I create a sim.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Does CAS crash when it does this?

Yep, it does.

Then it's probably a loading time error - your quickest bet is to remove securom. If you're running a game that has been updated since march, securom may not have been properly removed from your computer. (Removal tool is here) If you're playing UC and have updated since march, your game is tied to origin and this should totally remove securom. If you're playing discs, or if you don't want origin, you will need to run your game cracked/no CD. (The discs will put origin right back in.)

If removing Securom still doesn't work, my next bet is that you should compress all your CC and remember to shut down background processes when you play the game: this means no virus scanning, not letting things update while playing, etc. This game hates sharing processing power. ;)

If these two fail, remove your custom content and slowly add it back in until you find something that crashes CAS or Bodyshop, and then delete that thing. Bad meshes can occasionally mess up CAS by making the game look for information that doesn't exist until its poor head explodes - for example, a hair that is improperly binned or age-converted.
    Patron Goddess of Newbs and Ninnyhammers.
    TS2 Graphics Fix Tutorial]
  • TayraTayra Posts: 76 Member
    Just about all versions of The Sims 2 except for the ones with the black bars on them will work for Windows 10. I found this out when trying to play The SimCity Box. It had a black stripping at the top of the box and I was not able to play the game into my system. So if you are looking into getting The Sims 2, make sure you get any that do not have a black stripping at the top of the box. This goes for all expansion and stuff packs as well.
    unknown.png?width=841&height=473
    Happy simming, and a Happy Snowflake Day.
  • EliharbEliharb Posts: 384 Member
    edited August 2018
    Guys is TS2 working on the newest Windows 10 update? It used to work just fine on this same computer a few months ago.
    Now it's crashing anywhere from loading to neighborhood view. Didn't get much further than that before it crashes :disappointed:
    Playing on Intel Core i7-5960X 16 core CPU - 32 GB DDR4 Ram - GTX 980 Ti
  • TayraTayra Posts: 76 Member
    What are your settings?
    unknown.png?width=841&height=473
    Happy simming, and a Happy Snowflake Day.
  • ReittisReittis Posts: 1 New Member
    I installed The Sims 2 Ultimate collection on a Windows 10 64-bit system. The game refuses to start, and the mouse and keyboard stop responding to the invitations. I've tried compatibility window in Windows XP and Windows 7 settings, but does not help. Does this work in the latest version of Windows 10?
1234568...Next