Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Here's why I think Toddlers will be announced at Gamescom

Comments

• Options
    BrooklynGingerBrooklynGinger Posts: 27 New Member
    Toddlers would be great, but they're obviously working on issues regarding them. They can't add 'em if they're broken!
    A year is not very long in Industry Time. I'm more than willing to give them my patience if it means a better product. Truthfully, I'd rather see them knock down some bugs first, especially regarding GTW. Try to keep in mind that developers are bound by schedules, deadlines, and a fairly strict rule of not letting cats out of bags. I feel pretty confident that we'll get the toddlers as soon as it's possible. B)
  • Options
    ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    Cesal95 wrote: »
    They will surprise us, in a negative or pisitive way... but they will surprise us.
    It's going to be a late night type of expansion with around 4-12 lots. I wont be surprised unless they really do add toddlers which wont happen they are to hard and cost to much all the budget went to an online game no one wanted.

Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • Options
    EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,942 Member
    I think, that some players are used to babies becoming children. So they may add toddlers to expansion pack, game pack, free pack, but if it's going to be in update, i think they may give a choice, baby will become toddler or baby will become child, the old way.
  • Options
    SimmingWithStarsSimmingWithStars Posts: 439 Member
    edited July 2015
    I hate the babies in the Sims 4. The needs decay so fast, and they can't look after themselves. Where I previously would have aged them up straight away, the sudden jump to a child feels like things are moving too fast - so I need toddlers to be that stage in between.
    Please. Gamescom. Be my saviour.

That evidence is bang on @Billycraignotley; I really hope you're right.

(EDIT: Love your avi by the way <3 )
    Currently doing one of the following:
      - Eating - Sleeping - Simming - Reading - Watching 90s Sitcoms - Drinking tea - Wearing socks.
  • Options
    SkobeeSkobee Posts: 2,864 Member
    Hermitgirl wrote: »
    I think they have been ready at this point. This is the time to announce.
    It will boost sales, coming into the Christmas season.. not everyone can buy the games and expansions all at once. So there will be time to gear up for extras and put this on lists. If they have the game they can try it out and decide if they want more. For those that love the game and are buying as things are released .. they already can count on those sales. For those on the fence they may be able to tip them over... For those that hate the game well..they hate the game, what can I say.
    I think toddlers will be released in a free patch because of statements of contrition that have been made including:
    Rachel Franklin "As mentioned, there’s nothing more painful than not meeting your players’ expectations. Some players have up to five years of content and experiences in The Sims 3, and we had simply underestimated their passion and loyalty for that game including features such as toddlers." They know they made a big boo-boo.
    I think the next EP will be announced also. I have no idea what that will be I can only hope.
    This is just point on! This is exactly what i'm thinking, not including toddlers on such an important moment would be a miss, they could make a lot of money of this, (not toddler wise), but people that weren't going to buy anything until toddlers were going to be released.

Some say, nothing is leaked, there was no info on pools aswell, sometimes they leak things on purpose sometimes I keep it well hidden, they obviously have their reasons. I believe they try their hardest to make this game playable for those who have 50/50 thoughts about it. By announcing toddlers on Gamescom they will recieve MASSIVE amounts of reactions & hope to gain back a lot of players that wanted toddlers back. I just know they have been working on this for a long time, trying to see how they can bring this back to us on the right moment, a year later celebrating the Sims 4, it's just a perfect moment. It's two weeks away, but I just feel it in my bones that this will happen.
    Origin ID - RosyAngelina
  • Options
    Prink34320Prink34320 Posts: 5,078 Member
    I think they will, why appear at Gamescom if you know what people are expecting and that backlash will occur if you don't give good enough news.
    Live your life to the fullest, don't wait for a miracle to happen, be the miracle to make things happen.
    Sometimes your creativity is limited where you use it most, but you can use those limitations to inspire new forms of creativity you may never have thought of beforehand.
  • Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    Hope you're right OP. It would be a great surprise and it certainly would shake things up for many.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    Faith12368Faith12368 Posts: 2,997 Member
    The Community is currently divided right now, those of us who think toddlers ARE coming and those of us who think they're never coming,

Actually there are three groups, you forgot; "those of us who don't really care one way or another" :)

Long live the new Doctor!
  • Options
    catitude5catitude5 Posts: 2,537 Member
    For me, it's too much, too little, too late, no matter what they do now.
  • Options
    azxcvbnm321azxcvbnm321 Posts: 532 Member
    Everything I know about EA/Maxis suggests to me that toddlers will NEVER be included in the Sims 4. I'm using past behavior, including the Sim City 2013 failure and how they handled that, along with what they've done with the Sims 4 and the lack of attention to detail among other things. For example I just got done reading this thread WHY DON'T SIMS ROMANTIC RELATIONSHIPS STAY INTACT WHEN SAVED TO LIBRARY? There are numerous examples of bad decision making and poor design choices. The new birthday party invite is another example. How hard would it have been to program in something that checks to see which Sims are actually closing in on their birthdays and only allow birthday parties for those sims? I could go on and on.

If EA/Maxis does announce toddlers, I'll be absolutely stunned. It would be so out of character that I would have to reassess my judgment, but rarely do I ever see 180 turns in behavior or personality in real life. For that to happen there needs to be a genuine acknowledgement of failure and a willingness to accept blame with the understanding that the blame was justified. I believe EA/Maxis will continue behaving like EA/Maxis until I see different.
  • Options
    DarklingDarkling Posts: 6,327 Member
    jackjack_k wrote: »
    Thing is though, EA don't need to charge for Toddlers.

Toddlers alone would increase sales of the Sims 4. That's the pay check.

Actually, I agree with this.

I've adapted and learned to deal with certain things that I dislike within the game and other features that I consider missing from it, but toddlers has truly been a major sticking point for me. Because of this, I've been participating (like many others, I'm sure) in my own personal "no buy" against TS4 content.

TS4 will never be my favorite Sims game but it could have a place in my gaming rotation if/when toddlers are patched in, and as such I'd definitely entertain the idea of buying additional Packs for it. Until then, the embargo continues...
    14785081519_9e388018bc_o.jpg
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    I don't think they are, but I'd love if Maxis could prove me wrong. I want them to come back, but I don't want to wait three years again to get alien toddlers yet again for another Sims game.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member
    IceyJ wrote: »
    I dunno...I have a feeling they'll be announcing a console version :/ toddlers would be a big deal to a lot of people here but the general masses wouldn't be interested.

Ok, you LOL'ers! What sorts of things are usually released at Gamescom? I honestly have no idea but I just assumed that they wouldn't go all the way to someplace with a large audiance to discuss an addition to an existing game? No? They announce small stuff like expansions there? It just doesn't make sense to me :/

I'm honestly asking :D I really want toddlers...but I don't wanna get let down...again. B)

Well, in 2012 they announced Seasons and Supernatural for the Sims 3. The year before that, I think they announced Pets. I don't feel like looking it up, but I seem to recall expansion pack announcements pretty much every year at Gamescom (for the Sims.) I don't know why expansions would be considered "small stuff." I think they're pretty major. This is The Sims, after all. And they're not going all the way to someplace to talk only Sims. Other games will be presented.

As for announcing toddlers, the general masses (who are fans) are exactly the people who would be interested in their return.

I know a lot of other games will be presented, that's why I said 'the general masses' as in non-sim fans. I thought we were talking about toddlers being patched in (as in a free update), not put in an expansion. Goodness gracious.

& I guess...expansions do seem a bit 'small' even compared to full game announcements...I dunno... :'( Sorry.

My bad. I just skimmed through the thread and was actually commenting separately about: 1. Expansion announcements @ Gamescom and 2. Announcing the return of toddlers (in any shape or form.) Not whether toddlers were being put in an expansion.
  • Options
    my-deadly-kissesmy-deadly-kisses Posts: 16 New Member
    Oh I hope we get toddlers!!!!
  • Options
    The_SimScraperThe_SimScraper Posts: 2,083 Member
    I honestly think the team should be announcing Toddlers and Generations, Though If I could Have ANY expansion theme I wouldn't pick it, They have had at LEAST 6 months of fan feedback before this pack went into development, them 6 months I remember were fuelled with fans wanting toddlers, improved babies, dishwashers, cars, cast and more so if it's not coming they kinda screwed up :P
  • Options
    moniquehmoniqueh Posts: 129 Member
    catitude5 wrote: »
    For me, it's too much, too little, too late, no matter what they do now.

You are on the forums replying to comments and by taking that into account I am assuming you are playing the game. So it isn't too late. If they had them in realise they listened to the people and if not keep hoping they will.
  • Options
    nanashi-simsnanashi-sims Posts: 4,140 Member
    If I were at Gamescon, I would sit in the audience and shout "BOO" throughout the entire presentation. That is pretty much what I think about this Gamescon hype.

Whether they announce toddlers or no (most likely not), Gamescon isn't going to make or break this game, the same way the first GP didn't and the first EP didn't and the first SP didn't. We're past that point and folks need to accept that the present game is as good as it gets.

I just hope that there is a team working to improve the games AI and the emotion system as well as address the bugs. I don't want any more half-bottomed features in the game flat at disappointing at best or borking the game up at worst. :unamused:
  • Options
    ArlettaArletta Posts: 8,444 Member
    I honestly think the team should be announcing Toddlers and Generations, Though If I could Have ANY expansion theme I wouldn't pick it, They have had at LEAST 6 months of fan feedback before this pack went into development, them 6 months I remember were fuelled with fans wanting toddlers, improved babies, dishwashers, cars, cast and more so if it's not coming they kinda screwed up :P

Wishful thinking doesn't make it so though. There's no clue or indication that they're considering adding toddlers at all. They still say nothing on the matter. They had years of feedback from TS3 for TS4, yet here we all are, playing a game that's very much different from the suggestions made for it.

All you're doing is building hype and setting yourself and others up for the most probable scenario of severe disappointment.

• Options
    ValandisValandis Posts: 2,008 Member
    Do people honestly play with toddlers THAT much? Really? It seems like it's such a huge deal to people with toddlers. I know it's a missing lifestage and it would add to the game but my games have never revolved around toddlers in The sims 2 and 3. In The Sims 2 they were definitely an added pluss to the families I played but in The sims 3 I always aged them up asap because of the lack of content and gameplay for toddlers. Unless they get a lot of content and gameplay like in The Sims 2 I honestly see it as a waste for them to work on toddlers. What we saw in that Freeplay trailer was great, I hope they would do something like that for The Sims 4. :grin:
  • Options
    emmaningemmaning Posts: 3,407 Member
    SheriSim57 wrote: »
    If EA decides not to bring toddlers back I think they would lose a lot of revenue that could be brought in. I know people who haven't bought the sims 4 because they are waiting for toddlers. Besides the fact that if they give us toddlers they would make A fortune with EP's, GP's and stuff stuff packs that revolve around them. I personally can't imagine them giving up the profit they could make that revolves around toddlers. I am certainly hoping they will announce them at gamescom And I hope they did a good job on them!

Not gonna happen. Having tons of DLC revolving around toddlers is extreme and ain't gonna happen.
    Look how in all DLC now kids and babies get nothing. While YAs get a ton. Doesn't look likely they'll focus on toddlers.
    feKqkxf.jpg

My blog: ning's backlog
    Don't forget the forum rules are on the forum- go find 'em!
  • Options
    pinkangelsimpinkangelsim Posts: 389 Member
    My fingerer crossed that they will tell us one way or another about toddlers BUT, I don't think they will. I would love to have toddlers back. I really love the look of the children in TS4 so, I think toddlers would be so cute. I really hope IF they bring them back that they are more like TS2 toddlers and less like TS3 toddlers. In TS2 we could do so much with toddlers.
  • Options
    EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,942 Member
    Toddlers can come this or next year. I really hope, that EA wants fans to have good time when playing The Sims.
  • Options
    ShaobunShaobun Posts: 1,155 Member
    I don't think the announcement will be toddlers... I'm thinking nightlife. Part of me wishes I could attend gamescom just so I could walk out if I don't like what they say.
    Customers don’t expect you to be perfect. They do expect you to fix things when they go wrong. ~ Donald Porter