Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Aquarium Issue :(

Hello all,
I have the new aquariums set up on each side of a doorway to a balcony in my sims house ..One of each of them..
When I either "fully stock" or add fish one by one they copy over to the other aquarium .. This is strange and I am not sure if this would happen if I put more aquariums of them on my lot , Maybe I should test this..?

Also, the fish keep disappearing.. If my sim leaves the lot and comes home the fish are gone..This may even happen when she leaves the floor she is on.. Not sure again I need to test this..
One more glitch.. I put fish in and they were "foul" and anytime she went to the floor with the aquariums on it she got the "stinky"/dirty surroundings moodlet .. I couldn't figure it out for the life of me what was dirty until I looked in the aquarium and checked the fishes freshness LOL! I took the fish out and all was fine again.. I even called a maid before I figured it out HAHA! :-)

If anyone can check into this and see if they can replicate this please let me know..
As this is my first post for a new topic, I searched the forums and didn't see anything pertaining to this.. I am not sure If I was supposed to put this in the bug forum but, I thought this is from the SpaDay pack so here it is.. Please someone advise me if this is wrong...
I do have a mod for fish freshness so I will disable that now and test this again :)
Thanks very much for anyone who takes the time to read this and see if they are having the same issue!

Comments

• Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,726 Member
    Hello.
    The mod that you have could be causing issues. Remove the mod and see if that helps.
    @ceejay402 has been testing the unpleasant moodlet for the fish tanks so she may be able to help.
  • Options
    Missmf1Missmf1 Posts: 41 Member
    rosemow wrote: »
    Hello.
    The mod that you have could be causing issues. Remove the mod and see if that helps.
    @ceejay402 has been testing the unpleasant moodlet for the fish tanks so she may be able to help.

I definitely will try thanks so much and I will edit/ update this when I figure it out :smiley:
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,525 Member
    If removing your mod doesn't fix the issues please report at link.
    http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/bd-p/The-Sims-4-Bugs
  • Options
    ceejay402ceejay402 Posts: 24,507 Member
    hi @Missmf1 the fish vanishing after reloading a lot is new to me. did removing mods help with that?

the decaying fish freshness is something i did troubleshoot caught fish will decay in the tanks and after time will create that bad moodlet the only way to avoid it right now is to stock the tank with stocked fish since they have no freshness quality to begin with
  • Options
    ShaobunShaobun Posts: 1,155 Member
    that's really dissapointing that the fish decay in the aquariums
    Customers don’t expect you to be perfect. They do expect you to fix things when they go wrong. ~ Donald Porter
  • Options
    Thanks all :smiley: Yes ,I am still thinking them decaying is a bug,.. that was supposed to be updated in the patch a while ago soo.. perhaps they just forgot when they made the aquariums I am not sure :disappointed:
  • Options
    Nik24X7Nik24X7 Posts: 7,865 Member
    The No Fish Decay mod causes problems with Spa Day. Remove it and your aquarium(s) should be fine.
    Origin ID: nik24x7
  • Options
    FizzstixFizzstix Posts: 990 Member
    I do not have a mod for fish and recently put the aquarium in my residential lot and started having the foul/sticky area moodlet. I took the aquarium out of the room, and sure enough my sims moodlet disappeared. Someone mentioned using the stock fish to be rid of the moodlet .. I haven't tested that, does that really work? I kind of like that I can add my own fish to the aquarium. :(
  • Options
    ceejay402 wrote: »
    hi @Missmf1 the fish vanishing after reloading a lot is new to me. did removing mods help with that?

the decaying fish freshness is something i did troubleshoot caught fish will decay in the tanks and after time will create that bad moodlet the only way to avoid it right now is to stock the tank with stocked fish since they have no freshness quality to begin with

Unfortunately the fish disappearing when you leave the lot has been reported by several people on twitter. It could be mod related though I agree.
  • Options
    Missmf1 wrote: »
    Thanks all :smiley: Yes ,I am still thinking them decaying is a bug,.. that was supposed to be updated in the patch a while ago soo.. perhaps they just forgot when they made the aquariums I am not sure :disappointed:

The fish bowls have had the same issue since the base game.
  • Options
    > @catloverplayer said:
    > ceejay402 wrote: »
    >
    > hi Missmf1 the fish vanishing after reloading a lot is new to me. did removing mods help with that?
    >
    > the decaying fish freshness is something i did troubleshoot caught fish will decay in the tanks and after time will create that bad moodlet the only way to avoid it right now is to stock the tank with stocked fish since they have no freshness quality to begin with
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Unfortunately the fish disappearing when you leave the lot has been reported by several people on twitter. It could be mod related though I agree.

I removed my caught fish and put in from stock, they are disappearing too. I don't have a mod related to the fish. However, I do have mods in general. I will load up my game without them and test the aquarium to see if the stock fish remain.
  • Options
    Fizzstix wrote: »
    > @catloverplayer said:
    >
    > hi Missmf1 the fish vanishing after reloading a lot is new to me. did removing mods help with that?
    >
    > the decaying fish freshness is something i did troubleshoot caught fish will decay in the tanks and after time will create that bad moodlet the only way to avoid it right now is to stock the tank with stocked fish since they have no freshness quality to begin with
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Unfortunately the fish disappearing when you leave the lot has been reported by several people on twitter. It could be mod related though I agree.

I removed my caught fish and put in from stock, they are disappearing too. I don't have a mod related to the fish. However, I do have mods in general. I will load up my game without them and test the aquarium to see if the stock fish remain.

If this is a bug it needs to be reported.
  • Options
    > @catloverplayer said:
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >

If this is a bug it needs to be reported.

I agree can someone do that for me lol? I am going in game in a bit to see if the problem persists but, now reading others posts I am sure it probaly will :disappointed:

• Options
    Sid1701D9Sid1701D9 Posts: 4,718 Member
    I never had a problem with fish decaying's just wait until its freshness timer run out and than should act like stock fish. Also try caught gold fish as people don't normally it them so they shouldn't decay in tanks and the freshness thing has more to do with cooking quality and eventually fades away. I have fish in my inventory that has no freshness rating at all.
    Sid1701d-"I love my life, live my life and live to play, laugh and have fun."

"Love will Fight, Love will Win and Love will Survive."
  • Options
    I ran the game for 24 sim hours with stock fish without any of my mods or CC loaded, and the fish did not disappear, however, my sims started having the icky surroundings moodlet. I ended up deleting the aquarium.
  • Options
    AnnLee87AnnLee87 Posts: 2,475 Member
    Fish freshness is just another issue that will probably never be fixed.

If you want fresh fish for fish bowls or aquariums get them from the buydebug cheat.
    There is also a fresh fish room you can download from the gallery that has all the base game fish and I think outdoor retreat fish. These fish do not go bad.
  • Options
    AnnLee87AnnLee87 Posts: 2,475 Member
    On the gallery I think it's Kenleigh_Dean that has a room called Gone Fishing and these fish do not spoil.

@Kenleigh_Dean
  • Options
    I ran the game for 24 sim hours with stock fish without any of my mods or CC loaded, and the fish did not disappear, however, my sims started having the icky surroundings moodlet. I ended up deleting the aquarium.

You don't need to delete the aquairum. You can remove the fish and restock.
  • Options
    > @catloverplayer said:
    > Fizzstix wrote: »
    >
    > I ran the game for 24 sim hours with stock fish without any of my mods or CC loaded, and the fish did not disappear, however, my sims started having the icky surroundings moodlet. I ended up deleting the aquarium.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > You don't need to delete the aquairum. You can remove the fish and restock.

You're right I could do that, but it costs 150 simoleans each time for a full restock. Honestly, I'd rather use fish I have caught because they are more interesting that the stock fish.
  • Options
    LoveMcQueen5683LoveMcQueen5683 Posts: 3,689 Member
    So is the fish causing a bad moodlet a bug? Because i still don't know how to fix it. I don't see the point of displaying my fish if it's just going to make them miserable with no solution.
    LR3g0ni.jpg
  • Options
    SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    Ohh, will have
    AnnLee87 wrote: »
    On the gallery I think it's Kenleigh_Dean that has a room called Gone Fishing and these fish do not spoil.

@Kenleigh_Dean

Thank you, will check it out :smile:
  • Options
    BUTTONSGINGERBUTTONSGINGER Posts: 5,702 Member
    Oh! Good grief! It's the fish that are causing the icky moodlet. I've been looking all over for dirty dishes.....jez.....I emptied the tank and ta da...moodlet is gone! I restocked with the 150 simoleon option. I wonder if these will go bad too....time will tell :p

Thank you @Missmf1 for starting this thread. You've saved my hair from being pulled out.
  • Options
    Devynsims00Devynsims00 Posts: 3,392 Member
    I had a post about this when we got aquariums the same night. I noticed it right away how the fish will decay causing a negative moodlet. Pretty annoying.
    OJGRGDT.gif
  • Options
    ditzyscrapditzyscrap Posts: 3 New Member
    I also have my fish disappear when I leave the lot, and the stinky/filthy moodlet when fish decay. I don't use any mods that affect fish quality.
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,726 Member
    ditzyscrap wrote: »
    I also have my fish disappear when I leave the lot, and the stinky/filthy moodlet when fish decay. I don't use any mods that affect fish quality.

Hello @ditzyscrap. The moodlet will occur when fish decay.
    With your issue with your fish disappearing, remove all cc/mods from your game then test to see if the issue still occurs.

If the issue continues, repairing the game may help. To do that, right click on the sims 4 picture in Origin and click repair.

Try resetting your sims 4 folder and see if that helps. To do that, move your sims 4 folder ( that is in Documents -Electronic Arts - then the sims 4 folder is there ) to the desktop. Then start the game, and a new sims 4 folder will be generated. Exit the game and then add back the "options.ini" file and the "saves" , "screenshots" "tray" "custom music " and "mods" folders from the desktop sims 4 folder to the new sims 4 folder, replacing the new generated file/ folders with the old file/folders.