Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 4 expansion prediction with analysis

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    ChadSims2 wrote: »
    Clearly City Living is up next it has the DJ Booth that has been mentioned by @SimGuruTrev in his hint goes perfectly with the party life Sims 4 is going for.

Trevor Lindsey ‏@SimGuruTrev · Jun 12
    I'm really excited to show off the ## #####!! ######## ####### in The Sims?! Yup! It pairs well with the ##### #####, too!!

I do think that this would pair well with Town Life, with the neighbourhood editing possibly being patched in for everybody.

On the moved-to-Ideas topic, am I the only one who just clicks Discussions at the top? That gives me a feed of all the discussions in all the categories I haven't hidden except GTW, which it doesn't include in the feed, so it's the only one I have to go to separately. Doesn't matter to me if they move this to Ideas Corner because it still shows in my Discussions feed.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    Clearly City Living is up next it has the DJ Booth that has been mentioned by @SimGuruTrev in his hint goes perfectly with the party life Sims 4 is going for.

I'm really excited to show off the ## #####!! ######## ####### in The Sims?! Yup! It pairs well with the ##### #####, too!!

Those are fan guesses. SGTrev did not say it.
  • Options
    WilderwolfWilderwolf Posts: 3,406 Member

I do think that this would pair well with Town Life, with the neighbourhood editing possibly being patched in for everybody.

On the moved-to-Ideas topic, am I the only one who just clicks Discussions at the top? That gives me a feed of all the discussions in all the categories I haven't hidden except GTW, which it doesn't include in the feed, so it's the only one I have to go to separately. Doesn't matter to me if they move this to Ideas Corner because it still shows in my Discussions feed.

I never used that before, so thanks for the heads up. Definitely gonna look there more often instead of checking a bunch of individual topic categories.
    Sig_zpsrk5fg4ri.gif

• Options
    Sid1701D9Sid1701D9 Posts: 4,718 Member
    Well the two expansion packs that might be coming up is Late Night if expansion pack will be released around October. They may release a stuff pack or game pack that will rock the Sims 4 world in August. You will known what is coming next when they take stuff off idea forum and start putting them in hidden forum topics to be launched later.
    Sid1701d-"I love my life, live my life and live to play, laugh and have fun."

"Love will Fight, Love will Win and Love will Survive."
  • Options
    SmokeyBearzSmokeyBearz Posts: 1,138 Member
    "You'll also be able to discover mysterious runestones that allow you to control the elements."
    If we're to be able to control the elements, which I think they mean the weather by that, then a Seasons ep would have to come first.
  • Options
    Woahbro1Woahbro1 Posts: 134 Member
    Town Life and City Life together makes me squeal. I'm so down for farmers markets, restaurants, being the mayor and setting laws, and I'm a huge fan of cities.

I'm excited for what the Sims 4 has to bring and with the hints, T and C Life seem to be coming soon!
    5nj1c1.png
    Origin ID: woahbro1
  • Options
    AmberEECAmberEEC Posts: 109 Member
    aws200 wrote: »
    Hopefully they bring back the options to turn off certain lives and also allow us to adjust age soon I'm sick of Sims dying so quickly so I have aging off, I'd like to have them age but not so fast.

I have to agree with this, In every sims game ive had i have edited the whole world to be full of pretty, interestings sims with nice outfits. It takes me hours, sometimes even days. I do want these sims to eventually age but no so quick. I feel like i've wasted my time changing their clothes when they age up after a couple of days.

I have also heard of a dj booth and it would fit nicely with the party themed items from luxury party stuff and the bars and dance lights from the upgrade.

@Wilderwolf I think you are spot on and i'd be surprised if you were wrong. As someone above said, maybe you're onto something and thats why your discussion was moved... :smiley:

Origin ID: AmberECC
    Simming since the sims 2

• Options
    Jaredsimmer4lifeJaredsimmer4life Posts: 2 New Member
    I would LOVE a super natural expansion. But with no zombies there just sooo annoying. There should be more super naturals, with more social options and more powers. That would be amazing.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    Wilderwolf wrote: »
    The analysis is below all of the survey pictures.

tumblr_nrtes7S1kd1rzq92mo7_1280.png
    tumblr_nrtes7S1kd1rzq92mo6_1280.png
    tumblr_nrtes7S1kd1rzq92mo3_1280.png
    tumblr_nrtes7S1kd1rzq92mo1_1280.png
    tumblr_nrtes7S1kd1rzq92mo5_1280.png
    tumblr_nrtes7S1kd1rzq92mo2_1280.png
    tumblr_nrtes7S1kd1rzq92mo4_1280.png

Sims 4 Future Expansion Survey Analysis

Lets take a look at the initial batch of expansion surveys that were released around The Sims 4′s launch. Three of them have already been implemented into the game and I’ve marked them as such above.

The active careers and business owner surveys became the Get to Work expansion, and the Health and Wellness survey became the Spa Day gamepack. As you can see, not everything from that survey was implemented because it was bumped down from an expansion to a game pack.

That leaves us with four surveys from that batch to still make it into the game, City Living, Fame and Fortune, Town Life, and Supernatural. Assuming all of them make it eventually, lets logically try to figure out which order they’ll appear in.

The least fleshed out of those surveys is the Supernatural one, so I think we can eliminate that in terms of which will come out soonest. Especially considering supernatural themed expansions haven’t come this early ever since they’re pretty niche expansions.

Town Life, while it’s what a lot of people are craving in terms of neighborhood editing tools, seems highly unlikely to come out soon. This seems to be the biggest development project of the batch seeing as they’re already struggling to create and edit the worlds themselves. Just look at the separation of Willow Creek, Magnolia Promenade, and Newcrest as different worlds even though they’re clearly all the same place based on the environment.

That leaves us with two more, City Living and Fame and Fortune, which quite honestly mesh really well together and could easily be combined into one expansion like they did with the Business Owner and Active Careers surveys into Get to Work.

Considering we’ve already had leaked images, concept art, and coding lines about DJ booths, night clubs featuring live bands, and mentions of apartments in the past, it’s hard not to believe it’s coming next. Then there’s the city backdrops in the different worlds that get closer and closer with each new world. Get to Work already added the photography skill, so it wouldn’t take much for them to implement the paparazzi career either. Taking all of this into consideration, I really believe a Hot Date/Nightlife/Late Night-esque expansion is coming next. If so, hopefully the apartments will be like Apartment Life and not like the ones in Late Night.

It really makes sense too because they’ve always been really early in the Sims pipeline. Hot Date was the third, Nightlife was the second, Late Night was the third, and now it could be the second again. See the pattern?

Could we possibly see a City Living expansion reveal from them at Gamecom in a few weeks?

I hope your right and I too feel like the next ep is Late Night. Their has been other surveys to ranging from amusement parks,pets etc.
  • Options
    Sid1701D9 wrote: »
    Well the two expansion packs that might be coming up is Late Night if expansion pack will be released around October. They may release a stuff pack or game pack that will rock the Sims 4 world in August. You will known what is coming next when they take stuff off idea forum and start putting them in hidden forum topics to be launched later.

Hope EP 2 isn't in October. I d rather it be in Early September.
  • Options
    WilderwolfWilderwolf Posts: 3,406 Member
    I hope your right and I too feel like the next ep is Late Night. Their has been other surveys to ranging from amusement parks,pets etc.

Yeah those surveys came in a hugeeeee batch of all different kinds of things, but they came after these ones and since I noticed several of them were already made I figured EA was focusing on them first, especially since these surveys came before that huge list of them.
    Sig_zpsrk5fg4ri.gif

• Options
    HaraPlaySimsHaraPlaySims Posts: 15 New Member
    I like the idea of supernatural. I am not really into vampires and etc. but if it is an expansion soon i'll give it a try. I also love the city living mostly because of the apartments! They can make it like TS2 but with more features lol
    Well tbh i've heard that the next EP might be Late night but I hope it's not. We already have enough lounges/bars (and IMO at least for now) we won't need more.
    The town life can be in a future patch (maybe to the next one?) even with only some new neighborhood editing tools. I don't find it necessary to be an expansion, when the next EP can be something more interesting (again in my opinion.. maybe the university or seasons?)
  • Options
    I think they should include restaurants in city life since townlife probebly won't come out till later. I want functioning restaurants like TS2 had.
  • Options
    I like the idea of supernatural. I am not really into vampires and etc. but if it is an expansion soon i'll give it a try. I also love the city living mostly because of the apartments! They can make it like TS2 but with more features lol
    Well tbh i've heard that the next EP might be Late night but I hope it's not. We already have enough lounges/bars (and IMO at least for now) we won't need more.
    The town life can be in a future patch (maybe to the next one?) even with only some new neighborhood editing tools. I don't find it necessary to be an expansion, when the next EP can be something more interesting (again in my opinion.. maybe the university or seasons?)

Seasons is usually released much later.
  • Options
    aprilroseaprilrose Posts: 1,832 Member
    *raises hand for Town Life* I hope they announce Town Life. I miss having working restaurants and coffee shops.
    Simming for 19 years!
    Family Tree
    Playing Mod & CC Free

• Options
    foxfaesfoxfaes Posts: 89 Member
    I really hope Town Life is next. Coffee shops and restaurants are a must. I miss being able to have sims go on a date to a real restaurant, instead of a club or lounge.
    Origin ID: foxfaes
    My Gallery! :)
  • Options
    US_Marshall42US_Marshall42 Posts: 236 Member
    I would like Zombies back as long as they're Sims 2 inspired.
  • Options
    Moonlight.SonataMoonlight.Sonata Posts: 125 Member
    I defiantly think something like Late Night is coming next.

Then either something like University or Generations. Then Pets. Then depending if they are going to do the Sim 2 thing of adding a life stage per expansion, or adding them all in one pack like the Sims 3, it would be Seasons and then Supernatural.

Anything else I can't make a guess on. I just want content that really does add something to my game play.
    Creation and Inspiration.
    rsz_1simstories.jpg
    Origin ID: Lunarokz | tumblr: http://lunarokz.tumblr.com/ | Wordpress: https://lunarokz.wordpress.com/
    Blogger: http://lunarokz.blogspot.com/
  • Options
    sallonesallone Posts: 314 Member
    Prink34320 wrote: »
    Wilderwolf wrote: »
    I don't understand why this was moved to the ideas corner because it's totally a general discussion topic. I'm not suggesting ideas for the game...

Maybe you're onto it and they're trying to make sure not many people read this? lol I really loved reading this and I think you are honestly spot on. I hope everything in their survey comes, I loved their ideas for the Survival and Disasters packs, do you have anymore of these survey thingies? Or know where to find them?

FYI Ideas is where everything they don't really like is relocated.
  • Options
    HaraPlaySimsHaraPlaySims Posts: 15 New Member
    edited July 2015
    > @catloverplayer said:
    > HaraPlaySims wrote: »
    >
    > I like the idea of supernatural. I am not really into vampires and etc. but if it is an expansion soon i'll give it a try. I also love the city living mostly because of the apartments! They can make it like TS2 but with more features lol
    > Well tbh i've heard that the next EP might be Late night but I hope it's not. We already have enough lounges/bars (and IMO at least for now) we won't need more.
    > The town life can be in a future patch (maybe to the next one?) even with only some new neighborhood editing tools. I don't find it necessary to be an expansion, when the next EP can be something more interesting (again in my opinion.. maybe the university or seasons?)
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Seasons is usually released much later.

Yeah that's true. Just saying because I really like the season EP in the TS2 and I thought it's gonna be very interesting in TS4 as well.♥