Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 4 expansion prediction with analysis

WilderwolfWilderwolf Posts: 3,406 Member
edited July 2015 in The Sims 4 Ideas Corner
The analysis is below all of the survey pictures.

tumblr_nrtes7S1kd1rzq92mo7_1280.png
tumblr_nrtes7S1kd1rzq92mo6_1280.png
tumblr_nrtes7S1kd1rzq92mo3_1280.png
tumblr_nrtes7S1kd1rzq92mo1_1280.png
tumblr_nrtes7S1kd1rzq92mo5_1280.png
tumblr_nrtes7S1kd1rzq92mo2_1280.png
tumblr_nrtes7S1kd1rzq92mo4_1280.png

Sims 4 Future Expansion Survey Analysis

Lets take a look at the initial batch of expansion surveys that were released around The Sims 4′s launch. Three of them have already been implemented into the game and I’ve marked them as such above.

The active careers and business owner surveys became the Get to Work expansion, and the Health and Wellness survey became the Spa Day gamepack. As you can see, not everything from that survey was implemented because it was bumped down from an expansion to a game pack.

That leaves us with four surveys from that batch to still make it into the game, City Living, Fame and Fortune, Town Life, and Supernatural. Assuming all of them make it eventually, lets logically try to figure out which order they’ll appear in.

The least fleshed out of those surveys is the Supernatural one, so I think we can eliminate that in terms of which will come out soonest. Especially considering supernatural themed expansions haven’t come this early ever since they’re pretty niche expansions.

Town Life, while it’s what a lot of people are craving in terms of neighborhood editing tools, seems highly unlikely to come out soon. This seems to be the biggest development project of the batch seeing as they’re already struggling to create and edit the worlds themselves. Just look at the separation of Willow Creek, Magnolia Promenade, and Newcrest as different worlds even though they’re clearly all the same place based on the environment.

That leaves us with two more, City Living and Fame and Fortune, which quite honestly mesh really well together and could easily be combined into one expansion like they did with the Business Owner and Active Careers surveys into Get to Work.

Considering we’ve already had leaked images, concept art, and coding lines about DJ booths, night clubs featuring live bands, and mentions of apartments in the past, it’s hard not to believe it’s coming next. Then there’s the city backdrops in the different worlds that get closer and closer with each new world. Get to Work already added the photography skill, so it wouldn’t take much for them to implement the paparazzi career either. Taking all of this into consideration, I really believe a Hot Date/Nightlife/Late Night-esque expansion is coming next. If so, hopefully the apartments will be like Apartment Life and not like the ones in Late Night.

It really makes sense too because they’ve always been really early in the Sims pipeline. Hot Date was the third, Nightlife was the second, Late Night was the third, and now it could be the second again. See the pattern?

Could we possibly see a City Living expansion reveal from them at Gamecom in a few weeks?
Sig_zpsrk5fg4ri.gif

Comments

• WilderwolfWilderwolf Posts: 3,406 Member
    Sorry it's so wordy, I just kept getting new ideas to support it as I was writing it and it ended up really long.
    Sig_zpsrk5fg4ri.gif

• mamers87mamers87 Posts: 88 Member
    i think im like the only one who hates the super natural stuff. I think its because Zombies ruined it for me and my entire neighborgood became either a zombie or a vampire. I ended up turning that stuff off in settings because it annoyed me too much. So hopefully is they bring that back, they'll nix the zombies being outside for long periods of time.
  • djaygamerdjaygamer Posts: 196 Member
    I think Town Life and City Living could mesh together into one. Heres to hoping hey!
  • HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    You really did your homework. I agree that Supernatural probably wouldn't be first. City Living does seem most possible .. and you ruled out Town Life.. but I don't know it's pretty basic to the game needs in the beginning. I would think the Fame and Fortune one would come a little later too although it sounds very fun to me.
    Personally I don't care which come first I just want them :)... and I'm glad you listed all this.
    egTcBMc.png
  • fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    I believe it will be a night life one too. Will they combine the fame and fortune type thing with apartments though?
    Hermitgirl wrote: »
    You really did your homework. I agree that Supernatural probably wouldn't be first. City Living does seem most possible .. and you ruled out Town Life.. but I don't know it's pretty basic to the game needs in the beginning. I would think the Fame and Fortune one would come a little later too although it sounds very fun to me.
    Personally I don't care which come first I just want them :)... and I'm glad you listed all this.

Yeah the Town Life description is really needed in the game, and I don't want to rule it out, but with all the difficulties they seem to be having, I really don't see it coming out soon unless they nix the whole neighborhood management aspect of it, and with that gone, the rest of that survey could just be thrown in with another expansion.
    Sig_zpsrk5fg4ri.gif

• HausOfSuperHausOfSuper Posts: 1,825 Member
    I think it could be Town Life. People were asking for it so much they worked harder for it. But, if I'm wrong, i'm 99% sure it's a Late Night themed EP
    Male. INFP. Virgo.
    fullspiral wrote: »
    I believe it will be a night life one too. Will they combine the fame and fortune type thing with apartments though?

The Fame and Fortune survey sounds a lot like Sims 3 Showtime, and with how poorly that was received for being entirely too niche of an expansion, I don't see them leaving the "rise to stardom" theme by itself again and will clump it together with something else, and it meshes really well with the city living one, especially with becoming a famous band. And everyone complained when Late Night had the band mechanic that didn't work with the performance aspect of Showtime, so I can definitely see them putting it all together this time around.
    Sig_zpsrk5fg4ri.gif

I think it could be Town Life. People were asking for it so much they worked harder for it. But, if I'm wrong, i'm 99% sure it's a Late Night themed EP

The only thing in it that people have been asking for is the neighborhood editing aspect, and I don't see them making it an expansion, but a free patch update instead which then renders that survey pretty pointless as the other pieces can be included in other expansions. There would be wayyyy too much backlash if they only offered neighborhood editing in an expansion pack.
    Sig_zpsrk5fg4ri.gif

I don't understand why this was moved to the ideas corner because it's totally a general discussion topic. I'm not suggesting ideas for the game...
    Sig_zpsrk5fg4ri.gif

• CipherMandyCipherMandy Posts: 524 Member
    Plum that was fast!!

I am very interested in a City/Town life mesh for an EP. I can see myself purchasing it.

I still want weather, though!
    edited July 2015
    Yes, I can't wait for seasons and pets as they're such staples. But I'm definitely craving a city world and more things for my sims to do on community lots.

And I'd say how fast this thread was moved to where it'll never be seen is very telling of things to come.
    Sig_zpsrk5fg4ri.gif

• fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    Wilderwolf wrote: »
    fullspiral wrote: »

The Fame and Fortune survey sounds a lot like Sims 3 Showtime, and with how poorly that was received for being entirely too niche of an expansion, I don't see them leaving the "rise to stardom" theme by itself again and will clump it together with something else, and it meshes really well with the city living one, especially with becoming a famous band. And everyone complained when Late Night had the band mechanic that didn't work with the performance aspect of Showtime, so I can definitely see them putting it all together this time around.

I have to agree with that. Showtime was poorly done. I have said I want to see a band with a front singer this time. Hope it happens! It may be enough for a GP, but definitely not enough for an EP. I hope they do apartments right like S2.
  • AquaGamer1212AquaGamer1212 Posts: 5,417 Member
    I think the next expansion pack might have apartments in it with a Late Night theme. First we have city backdrop that keeps getting closer. Then the locking doors patch. And apparently there is coding for Dj Booths. :)
    ts4_blossom_meadows_world_icon_gif_fan_art_by_hazzaplumbob-d.gif

• LoveMcQueen5683LoveMcQueen5683 Posts: 3,689 Member
    Sooo these are the surveys everyone talks about! Very interested in that town life one.

I do think night life is next since it also follows the pattern of partying and I think they are trying to get all the party/luxury expansions out before getting to the good stuff. I would like to be a famous celebrity so hopefully they do combine City Living and Fame & Fortune/
    LR3g0ni.jpg
  • MightydanMightydan Posts: 2,983 Member
    I'll sell my soul to EA if the next expansion contains an active band career and apartments. I have to agree, a night life oriented EP is the most likely of the options.

However, we're supposed to get a 'huge' announcement on Gamescom. Maybe they've been working on Town Life all this time?
  • aws200aws200 Posts: 2,262 Member
    If they make night life it will feature lots exclusive to careers, life stages, and social groups since TS3 version introduced 'celebrities' which quickly got out of hand as everyone became one after interacting with each other so it was more of a plague than something nice. Hopefully they bring back the options to turn off certain lives and also allow us to adjust age soon I'm sick of Sims dying so quickly so I have aging off, I'd like to have them age but not so fast.
    1. The Sims 2
    2. The Sims 3
    3. The Sims 4 (5 years later its decent)
    4. The Sims 1
  • LoveMcQueen5683LoveMcQueen5683 Posts: 3,689 Member
    Mightydan wrote: »
    I'll sell my soul to EA if the next expansion contains an active band career and apartments. I have to agree, a night life oriented EP is the most likely of the options.

However, we're supposed to get a 'huge' announcement on Gamescom. Maybe they've been working on Town Life all this time?

Did they actually say huge? Town life with neighborhood editing tools would be huge. Nightlife would just be eh.

I hope EA knows the definition of huge.
    LR3g0ni.jpg
  • ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    Clearly City Living is up next it has the DJ Booth that has been mentioned by @SimGuruTrev in his hint goes perfectly with the party life Sims 4 is going for.

Trevor Lindsey ‏@SimGuruTrev · Jun 12
    I'm really excited to show off the ## #####!! ######## ####### in The Sims?! Yup! It pairs well with the ##### #####, too!!

Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • Prink34320Prink34320 Posts: 5,078 Member
    edited July 2015
    Wilderwolf wrote: »
    I don't understand why this was moved to the ideas corner because it's totally a general discussion topic. I'm not suggesting ideas for the game...

Maybe you're onto it and they're trying to make sure not many people read this? lol I really loved reading this and I think you are honestly spot on. I hope everything in their survey comes, I loved their ideas for the Survival and Disasters packs, do you have anymore of these survey thingies? Or know where to find them?
    Live your life to the fullest, don't wait for a miracle to happen, be the miracle to make things happen.
    Sometimes your creativity is limited where you use it most, but you can use those limitations to inspire new forms of creativity you may never have thought of beforehand.
  • ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • OofkxOofkx Posts: 13 New Member
    "Town Life" AKA Create-a-World tool should be free if it ever comes out just like how it was free before.
  • LibrarianSimmerLibrarianSimmer Posts: 67 Member
    > @mamers87 said:
    > i think im like the only one who hates the super natural stuff. I think its because Zombies ruined it for me and my entire neighborgood became either a zombie or a vampire. I ended up turning that stuff off in settings because it annoyed me too much. So hopefully is they bring that back, they'll nix the zombies being outside for long periods of time.

You're not the only one who dislikes it. I dislike it too! Not because I'm not in to zombies and vampires. However, I don't like them coming in to my game, when I'm trying to play a real family. I want them to be fully optional; and it doesn't appear they will ever be that way. I hate running in to vampires every time I go out at night or romancing someone only to figure out they are actually a vampire. Ugh.
  • AlbaWaterhouseAlbaWaterhouse Posts: 3,953 Member
    edited July 2015
    What worries me about the survey is the lack of any mention to kids or family play in general. It shows what kind of path they wanted to follow.
    However, I think (hope) that the third EP for TS4 will he a Generations type. I think they HAVE to address this and I believe it'll be next after a City type EP. Simply because they probably started to make the City type pack way before they started to work on family play.

To me, the city living, the town something, and the fame and fortune should be all in one EP. And probably it'll be the one coming this fall as there is a lot pointing out on that direction.
    Origin ID is: AlbaWaterhouse
    All my creations are CC free.
  • MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    I said Somewhat interested in Supernatural they described.
    I understand it won't be soon, and I agree, I want it to be more developed than any other Expansion.
    tumblr_nrtes7S1kd1rzq92mo5_1280.png

I'm a hardcore Fantasy/Supernatural Lover, But I said Somewhat interested because, the way it's depicted sounds really boring.
    I'm sounding like a broken record, but whatever, I'm not sorry! B)

Supernatural Expansion needs a face lift, Sims 3 Supernatural was Okay, I liked the content, but hated the life states and the fact it was more horror than fantasy. Me I like both and the fact my beloved supernaturals were treated as ONLY lowly monsters hurt almost.

I'll keep it short. Don't remake Supernatural/Makin' Magic, try something new, something like Once Upon a Time, make magic more believable, mind-blowing and complex.
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif