Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

HELP!

SubmarineSubmarine Posts: 3,424 Member
Help! My forum name changed when I changed my profile picture! I used to be DatSubmarineYourLookingFor but the forum has decided to change it to YellowSubmarine Please help me! What do I do?
I won Game of the Year in the 2nd annual Scummies Awards!
eM56lKI.png
Call me Sub

Comments

• Options
    rosey1579rosey1579 Posts: 6,252 Member
    Enjoy your newfound kinship with the Beatles?
  • Options
    Nawww

How do you make a signature? XD
    eM56lKI.png
    Call me Sub

• Options
    rosey1579rosey1579 Posts: 6,252 Member
    I can't remember actually... I managed it somehow and am happy to say that it still applies!
  • Options
    alright then.
    eM56lKI.png
    Call me Sub

• Options
    AngelEb95AngelEb95 Posts: 1,538 Member
    Maybe because of the length?
    attack-on-titan-attack-on-titan-s4.gif
  • Options
    Vici0us_VirusVici0us_Virus Posts: 3,076 Member
    Signature/siggy: first you'll need to go to (Prefrences), then signature settings. Make your siggy, then save it. There is a save button, at the bottom... o:)

Formally known as: [mynamewaswaytolongtofitbro] B)

(save) :+1::)
  • Options
    Thanks so much!
    eM56lKI.png
    Call me Sub

• Options
    I still have the problem of my name not being DatSubmarineYourLookingFor though, I had it for weeks, but now it's changed - so It can't have been too long.
    eM56lKI.png
    Call me Sub

• Options
    gameliagamelia Posts: 703 Member
    Embrace the change! :p
    --+++ Simming since 2000. All packs. All in! +++--
  • Options
    I don't want to embrace the change though, Because I love that name, and frankly this name is extremely unoriginal and boring.
    eM56lKI.png
    Call me Sub

• Options
    gameliagamelia Posts: 703 Member
    Do you want some help brainstorming a shorter version?
    DatSubmarine
    TheElusiveSubmarine
    SubmarineObsessed
    --+++ Simming since 2000. All packs. All in! +++--
  • Options
    That doesn't help though, because I can't change it...
    eM56lKI.png
    Call me Sub

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 New Member
    I'm not sure why your name changed. Did you have two accounts that they merged?

It seems that if the name were simply too long they might have truncated it rather than changing it.

In any case, you can request a name change by sending a PM to a moderator.
  • Options
    edited June 2016
    Thanks for the help @greenXen.

A ) Did you have two accounts that they merged? No I didn't, this is completely random to me.
    B ) It seems that if the name was simply too long they might have truncated it rather than changing it. Wouldn't it be smarter if when you made the account name they said if it was too long? That's what I thought they would have done if it was
    C ) In any case, you can request a name change by sending a PM to a moderator. Do you know any of the mods' names? I've sent a PM to a 'SimGuru' telling them what happened;but I'm not sure which one.
    Post edited by Submarine on
    eM56lKI.png
    Call me Sub

• Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    edited July 2015
    Love The Beatles, love your nick ♥
    (your avatar fits perfectly btw)
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    edited July 2015
    Thanks for the help @greenXen.

A ) Did you have two accounts that they merged? No I didn't, this is completely random too me.
    B ) It seems that if the name was simply too long they might have truncated it rather than changing it. Wouldn't it be smarter if when you made the account name they said if it was too long? That's what I thought they would have done if it was
    C ) In any case, you can request a name change by sending a PM to a moderator. Do you know any of the mods' names? I've sent a PM to a 'SimGuru' telling them what happened;but I'm not sure which one.

Yes, some of them, try SimStaffBethelle, SimStaffGabriel, SimStaffJessica, or SimGuruDrake.

ETA: Not to be picky, but before you do request a change, do you realize that 'you're' (meaning you are) would be more appropriate than 'your' (meaning something belonging or pertaining to you)? It's your name, so of course you can do what you want, but I thought you should know before making the change. You're only allowed one name change per account.

Good luck.
  • Options
    Thanks so much @greenXen and btw no, it didn't sound picky ; it was indeed, helpful. I already PMed SimGuruDrake, I did so yesterday - but they haven't replied yet.
    eM56lKI.png
    Call me Sub

• Options
    Thanks so much @greenXen and btw no, it didn't sound picky ; it was indeed, helpful. I already PMed SimGuruDrake, I did so yesterday - but they haven't replied yet.

Give them a few days to respond, and then send a follow-up if you don't hear back.
  • Options
    My username got changed back!!! ;D
    eM56lKI.png
    Call me Sub

• Options
    edited July 2015
    Congrats.

Was there an explanation as to what happened?
  • Options
    edited June 2016
    1st PM to SimGuruDrake: Today I became a member and I changed my profile picture, I decided to have a quick re-look at it and changed it to the same photo, then it changed my username? I used to be called ' DatSubmarineYourLookingFor ' and as you can see, I'm now YellowSubmarine. I also made a forum post for it, but nobody's replied on it. (Post called 'Help!' Thanks in advance if you can help,

2nd PM to SimGuruBBChick: I've already asked SimGuruDrake, but she hasn't replied or done anything about this yet;
    I changed my profile picture when I became a member, and I looked at the 'Thumbnail' thing and played around with it, not knowing what it was and when I stopped playing with it it was just black, So I changed my prof-pic to what it was again, to fix the thumbnail and it changed my Username?

Was: DatSubmarineYourLookingFor (I don't think it was too long, because the website didn't inform me, and I had it for about 3 weeks (The time it took for me to become a member)
    Now: YellowSubmarine

I have no idea how this happened, I created a Forum Post called HELP! But all the advice I've gotten is to love my new name, But I don't love it - it's not very original.

If you can, can you change my name to what is was ( DatSubmarineYourLookingFor ), If you can I'll be so happy and be able to post happily again - Thanks in advance if you can

-YellowSubmarine
    :/:(:s:'(:#

From SimGuruDrake: Hello Submarine,

Thank you for bringing that weird bug to my attention, I've changed your name back to "DatSubmarineYourLookingFor".

to which I replied with: Thanks so much!
    Post edited by Submarine on
    eM56lKI.png
    Call me Sub

• Options
    OK, so, no explanation about what caused it, but at least you got the name you wanted. That's good.
  • Options
    yep

Body is 2 characters too short.

eM56lKI.png
    Call me Sub

• Options
    anettesbanettesb Posts: 39,168 Member
    glad you got your name back... wonder what did it, we likely never know
    🌺 streaming at https://www.twitch.tv/lady_anette 🌻come join the Sylvan legacy, and help control their life. 🌳
  • Options
    Yup...
    eM56lKI.png
    Call me Sub