The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What Happens when MC dies of Old Age

Do you start a new game; does the money you won is saved I'm new so got all those doubts.

Comments

• Options
    sunshineandsimoleonssunshineandsimoleons Posts: 8,413 Member
    What is MC?
    WLfAA9V.png
  • Options
    simmesesimmese Posts: 1,536 Member
    edited July 2015
    MC = main character , im assuming

If they had children and im attached enough to them then I carry on with them , otherwise I make a new character
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,632 Member
    nator316 wrote: »
    Do you start a new game; does the money you won is saved I'm new so got all those doubts.

If there's no one else in your household, then the money disappears. It belongs to the household.

You can choose to add a Sim to the household to take that money and house over, and make that your next Sim.

You'll find that a lot of people here don't play only one Sim if we have aging on, and often play multiple households too, so we've never seen what happens if you have no "played" characters anymore!
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    SimsILikeSimsSimsILikeSims Posts: 1,634 Member
    I once left a game going too long unsupervised in a household with one Sim in it. The urn was in the house, and the game gave me the choice to create a new character or exit to main menu. I chose exit to main menu, which I did without saving so I would get my character back. Usually the Sim's money is just lost I think, unless there are other characters in the active household.
    I have been playing The Sims since 2001, when Livin Large came out. My avatar deliberately looks like Chris Roomies from TS1.
  • Options
    cats3008cats3008 Posts: 135 Member
    Yep was gonna say this ^^. I have no idea, I either make the family continue on into more generations or if i get bored I start a new game and delete the old game. All my deleted games had sims and money left.
  • Options
    nator316nator316 Posts: 130 Member
    How insane is to create many household Im new and created Twins and a Mother and Father. It's quite a pain Why create many Households? To have a world more filled with Sims?
  • Options
    ShaobunShaobun Posts: 1,155 Member
    Create as many or as few households as you want. The game will generate new households for you and can move them in if you have that option chosen (correct me if any of this is wrong guys... I haven't really played since last year).
    Customers don’t expect you to be perfect. They do expect you to fix things when they go wrong. ~ Donald Porter
  • Options
    moseekeemoseekee Posts: 274 Member
    > @nator316 said:
    > How insane is to create many household Im new and created Twins and a Mother and Father. It's quite a pain Why create many Households? To have a world more filled with Sims?
    Most people get bored with their households, so they make another one.
    Origin: moseekee
  • Options
    nator316nator316 Posts: 130 Member
    But how do you control them all or when you loose control and your playing with another household the AI takes control of the unused HH.
  • Options
    Inna MinnitInna Minnit Posts: 2,008 Member
    You switch between households in manage worlds. It is just a different style of play, you will find what works for you. Happy Simming !
  • Options
    BeesteengerBeesteenger Posts: 217 Member
    I new my favorite and first made sim was getting on and may die. So, I created a sim niece to keep him company. He was my most FAVORITE sim ans I got attached to him. His niece inherited. He died during the night while I was sleeping. Came back to see him the next day and he had die. Actually made me sad. So I have now made it an old folks home where they come to live out their final days. I go in that house and it feels so empty without ol' Red. LOL
  • Options
    DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,725 Member
    I new my favorite and first made sim was getting on and may die. So, I created a sim niece to keep him company. He was my most FAVORITE sim ans I got attached to him. His niece inherited. He died during the night while I was sleeping. Came back to see him the next day and he had die. Actually made me sad. So I have now made it an old folks home where they come to live out their final days. I go in that house and it feels so empty without ol' Red. LOL

If you feel like you're going to be attached to your sim, you should turn aging off, so they'll be immortal and won't die.
    My Top Song of the Day: The Blackest of Birds by Fightstar
    Y2D8eAf.gif
  • Options
    CementCement Posts: 3,505 Member
    I had to kill a sim for tax evasion so yeah... I got the menu for the "make a new sim"/"exit to main menu" thing.
    I'm fond of making lots of kids for my favorite households, so I usually don't have a problem with that kind of thing.
    But how do you control them all or when you loose control and your playing with another household the AI takes control of the unused HH.
    If you prefer aging on but not want everyone else to be affected, choose this option in the gameplay settings.
    3fa3ddb3078e6f59bb21224c947df1f9.png
    This option prevents everyone else from aging but the family you're playing at the moment will continue to age unless you switch households, then that household will continue aging.

If you don't want them to age at all, or age at your own pace with birthday cakes, choose "no."
    If you like your townies, remember to uncheck the "Auto Age (Unplayed Sims)" option as well.
  • Options
    catmando830catmando830 Posts: 9,117 Member

Have no idea, all my sims are immortal