Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Old Book Club Thread - Check out the New One!

Comments

• Options
    AdamsEve1231AdamsEve1231 Posts: 7,035 Member
    InfraGreen wrote: »
    Max only had one chapter written from his perspective. Thank the Maker! Haha.

Andrea creeps me out.

i love that andrea creeps you out but your happier that max only had one chapter.

@friendsfan367: I don't disagree with @AdamsEve1231 because I'd much rather be alone with Andrea than with Max. I'm just not Andrea's type of girl...so he'd just be a jerk. :p

@friendsfan367 Max is Max Racket from my Colt Family Traitacy (CFT).

@InfraGreen Max might try and do something, not appropriate for the forums, at worst, and stab ya at best.
    With these forums closing down, stay connected.

Find me elsewhere:
    My EA App ID: livinasimminlife
    Livin' A Simmin' Life Stories
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
  • Options
    Thank goodness you're not Andrea's type, @InfraGreen. You're too bullheaded for him. And you wouldn't put up with his plum.

Find me elsewhere:
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
  • Options
    friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member

Andrea creeps me out.

i love that andrea creeps you out but your happier that max only had one chapter.

@friendsfan367: I don't disagree with @AdamsEve1231 because I'd much rather be alone with Andrea than with Max. I'm just not Andrea's type of girl...so he'd just be a jerk. :p

whos max? i keep reading bits and pieces because i don't have time for allof it yet. 100 chapters is a lot pretty sure i read at lest 2.

mike i think thats hi name is the one who scares me.

Max is from @AdamsEve1231's Colt Family Traitacy and a TS3 pre-made. He was a character in my old story too and...outwardly bad in both. Not the kind that creeps up on readers like with Andrea.

oh so hes like axel hes loved in one story and tortured in another. you know i love uptown even though i used to call it bad things trip does to axel.
  • Options

Andrea creeps me out.

whos max? i keep reading bits and pieces because i don't have time for allof it yet. 100 chapters is a lot pretty sure i read at lest 2.

Max is from @AdamsEve1231's Colt Family Traitacy and a TS3 pre-made. He was a character in my old story too and...outwardly bad in both. Not the kind that creeps up on readers like with Andrea.

oh so hes like axel hes loved in one story and tortured in another. you know i love uptown even though i used to call it bad things trip does to axel.

I'm pretty sure he's horrible in both, not sure I'd call Max tortured... or loved. He's the closest thing I have to a two dimensional villain. And I do so dislike writing two dimensional characters. I hope I made him my own.

But we have seriously digressed from Uptown... So I'd hate to take the spotlight from Trip.

Find me elsewhere:
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
  • Options

Andrea creeps me out.

I'm pretty sure he's horrible in both, not sure I'd call Max tortured... or loved. He's the closest thing I have to a two dimensional villain. And I do so dislike writing two dimensional characters. I hope I made him my own.

But we have seriously digressed from Uptown... So I'd hate to take the spotlight from Trip.

i meant trip tortures axel. i once teased her because she set his kitchen on fire. then this week she said it wasn't a accident.
  • Options
    lisabee2lisabee2 Posts: 3,708 Member
    I am sort of late to the party (not in the forum much anymore) but I saw this in passing and thought I would come give the story some (more) love (from me). I am always moved by the hapless Thu .. I always want to scoop her up and hug her like a lost kitten. As unpopular as it might be I do not hate Axel .. I find him sad and hopeless too. A negative attracting a negative .. leaving a big ole dark hole of misery. :( Job well done Trip <3
    SebEwnF.jpg
    LisabeeSims
    New readers can visit here first: In-a-NUTSHELL
    #EAgamechanger
  • Options
    orangeplumboborangeplumbob Posts: 1,102 Member
    @AdamsEve1231:At least I have yet to look at a real villain like, well, Max or Andrea. :p

andreas a villian.

EXCUSE YOU TWO! Leave Daddy alone. He's such a lovable Daddy.
  • Options
    @AdamsEve1231:At least I have yet to look at a real villain like, well, Max or Andrea. :p

andreas a villian.

wait aren't you and i in camp axel?
  • Options
    edited January 2018

andreas a villian.

you missed my other post. i know very little about any of the chracters because i skip around. trip is the one who said andrea was a villian i just responded out of shock. hes already gone in the part i read.
  • Options

andreas a villian.

tumblr_m5h3j0UpZP1qg9f9k.gif

I ship both Thu and Andrea, and Thu and Axel. Both are sick and twisted fun! HAHAHA
  • Options

andreas a villian.

tumblr_m5h3j0UpZP1qg9f9k.gif

I ship both Thu and Andrea, and Thu and Axel. Both are sick and twisted fun! HAHAHA

i haven't read enough about andrea yet to decide.
  • Options
    InfraGreenInfraGreen Posts: 6,693 Member
    edited January 2018
    lisabee2 wrote: »
    I am sort of late to the party (not in the forum much anymore) but I saw this in passing and thought I would come give the story some (more) love (from me). I am always moved by the hapless Thu .. I always want to scoop her up and hug her like a lost kitten. As unpopular as it might be I do not hate Axel .. I find him sad and hopeless too. A negative attracting a negative .. leaving a big ole dark hole of misery. :( Job well done Trip <3

@lisabee2: I think most of us dislike them both but just scantly side with one or the other. I find more Axel apologists than ones for Thu though. I could go on for how it's for his character, the less-than-lifelong nature of his problems, etc. but I think a lot of people just can't 100% hate his cute lil face. :p

@orangeplumbob: sorry but letting his greed and narcissism and attraction to teens go unchecked has ruined the characters enough. :p

@friendsfan367: no matter what I say I love leaving everyone up for individual judgment. Even for Andrea. I've questioned OPB about it but as it turns out, there are few words she likes as much as "daddy". ;)

@chocis: not to be a bother but we're like dogs without masters when we're without a host. ;)
    A thousand bared teeth, a thousand bowed heads

outrun / blog / tunglr
  • Options

@lisabee2: I think most of us dislike them both but just scantly side with one or the other. I find more Axel apologists than ones for Thu though. I could go on for how it's for his character, the less-than-lifelong nature of his problems, etc. but I think a lot of people just can't 100% hate his cute lil face. :p

@orangeplumbob: sorry but letting his greed and narcissism and attraction to teens go unchecked has ruined the characters enough. :p

@friendsfan367: no matter what I say I love leaving everyone up for individual judgment. Even for Andrea. I've questioned OPB about it but as it turns out, there are few words she likes as much as "daddy". ;)

@chocis: not to be a bother but we're like dogs without masters when we're without a host. ;)

why does she call him daddy?
  • Options
    @friendsfan367: hard to explain and keep forum-friendly but Andrea gets a lot of pleasure from hearing it. And he is like a surrogate father to her. Her real dad even had a similar name (An vs Andrea...complete coincidence though)

outrun / blog / tunglr
  • Options
    @friendsfan367: hard to explain and keep forum-friendly but Andrea gets a lot of pleasure from hearing it. And he is like a surrogate father to her. Her real dad even had a similar name (An vs Andrea...complete coincidence though)

i'm enjoying reading uptown. yes i'm actually reading but its hard to tell because i'm always busy now. so i usually get one chapter here and there. but its a very well written story. and someday i hope to finish it.
  • Options

i'm enjoying reading uptown. yes i'm actually reading but its hard to tell because i'm always busy now. so i usually get one chapter here and there. but its a very well written story. and someday i hope to finish it.

Hey I hope you do too! <3

outrun / blog / tunglr
  • Options
    edited January 2018
    I am sort of late to the party (not in the forum much anymore)

Puppies!!!!!!

https://goo.gl/images/Tq2jOK

Find me elsewhere:
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
  • Options
    CitizenErased14CitizenErased14 Posts: 12,187 Member
    Okay, since Andrea has come up a lot lately, I really wanna share a few thoughts about how Trip wrote his character and how brilliant I think he is. But I'm gonna hide it under a spoiler for people who are not very far along in the story!
    Calling him my "favorite" is a stretch, depending on your definition of favorite haha But he is honestly the character I have spent the most time thinking about and analyzing.

What I find remarkable about the way Trip writes Andrea is that this man is an absolutely despicable, monstrous person... And yet she still shows us that he is not 100% a monster. I'm a firm believer that, with very few exceptions, even the most vile and malicious person has some shred of heart and feeling underneath it all. It doesn't excuse their actions in the slightest, and they're still a terrible person. But I believe everyone has some shred of goodness and decency inside of them, even if the rest of them is awful.

In the case of Andrea, he was an absolute MONSTER to his children, and never showed one shred of remorse for it. That is unforgivable. And in many ways, what he did to Thu is unforgivable too (though you could argue he really did "save" her in many ways, by getting her away from her mother... But the situation he brought her into was manipulative and awful :/).

However, we still got to see some signs that he truly DID care about Thu. When they first met, we saw that he genuinely seemed to want to help her. He even tried to talk himself out of pursuing her, and was super patient and waited until actually making a full-on sexual move toward her. Now, was he manipulating her and priming her for that moment? Probably. But it doesn't change the fact that he actually had a glimmer of compassion and concern for her. He wanted to help her.

Same thing when he was dying. He was genuinely concerned for her. He showed some regret for the life he'd led her into. He worried for whether or not she'd be okay when he was gone. He wanted her to be happy.

He never cared about his children. He never cared about his brother. He never even seemed to care much about Leah. But he cared about Thu. I think she taught him what it means to feel compassion for another. In a weird way, I think she helped him. She helped spark that tiny shred of goodness inside of him.

Now, does any of this make him less of a monster? No. I hate him. I think almost everyone (except orangeplumbob :joy::heart:) hates him.

But does it show that he is a complicated, multi-dimensional character rather than some one-sided villain? Most definitely :heart: Trip writes him so brilliantly. I don't know if I'll ever be over how much I love the way she developed him haha

I'd love to hear others' thoughts on this amazing character too!
    snvAF3B.png
  • Options
    @InfraGreen Did someone already ask this? What inspired you to write Uptown? How did you develop the characters? How much of the game influenced the story?

Find me elsewhere:
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
  • Options
    rednenemonrednenemon Posts: 3,206 Member
    @CitizenErased14

All that really needs to be said about ol' Andy is that he's a nasty old man.

Also his appearance during his treatments was strangely fitting (I believe at one point I mentioned him in relation to Voldemort from Harry Potter)
    AO3: Silver_Shortage_in_Markarth <(Where I'm usually at nowadays)
    MQ2gUyY.jpg
    Part One(Complete 9/24/16) /Part Two(on hold)/Short Stories(on hold)/Twinbrook 1996(on hold)/Ten Crystal Hearts (on hold)
    I own the TS3 Store as of 12/11/16 (sort of. It's complicated)
  • Options
    RipuAncestorRipuAncestor Posts: 2,332 Member
    I'm super late to the party and I don't feel very good at this communicating-thing right now, but I'll say that @InfraGreen 's world is once again very rich and so real and alive, and I love it. It all feels very realistic, and the writing style and the brutal approach to many things just reinforces it. I also love how detailed the world is, and how it's clear that a lot of research and care has gone into depicting all the different people and cultures in the story.
    doublebannerpic.jpg?w=676
    My Sims stories:
    The Fey of Life - fairytales in life are few and far between (Forum thread HERE)
    The Chrysanthemum Tango - a story about life, death, magic, and how to be a good landlady (Forum thread HERE)
    Forget-Me-Not - some things just refuse to stay buried; an Ambrosia Challenge story (Forum thread HERE)
  • Options
    I'm super late to the party and I don't feel very good at this communicating-thing right now, but I'll say that @InfraGreen 's world is once again very rich and so real and alive, and I love it. It all feels very realistic, and the writing style and the brutal approach to many things just reinforces it. I also love how detailed the world is, and how it's clear that a lot of research and care has gone into depicting all the different people and cultures in the story.

that was good communicating. :)
  • Options
    RipuAncestorRipuAncestor Posts: 2,332 Member

:) Thanks!
    doublebannerpic.jpg?w=676
    My Sims stories:
    The Fey of Life - fairytales in life are few and far between (Forum thread HERE)
    The Chrysanthemum Tango - a story about life, death, magic, and how to be a good landlady (Forum thread HERE)
    Forget-Me-Not - some things just refuse to stay buried; an Ambrosia Challenge story (Forum thread HERE)
  • Options

:) Thanks!

your welcome. i'm not posting as much today forgot to buy coffee.
  • Options
    @friendsfan367: hard to explain and keep forum-friendly but Andrea gets a lot of pleasure from hearing it.

The other forum we are on might be a better place to explain that aspect. I think I've done it with plenty of gifs too. :joy::joy::joy: