Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Norman Bates?

I was intrigued by part of the patch notes regarding OR:
Outdoor Retreat

Several flowers and shrubs recently became incorrectly hidden behind a cheat. We have fixed this issue and returned the foliage to their proper place in the catalog.

I love the word foliage.

Players can no longer choose to move their household into Granite Falls… since that corrupted their save file…

… and the other Sims 4 save files on their system

But that’s it!

Except there was that one designer… supposedly he went a little, you know, as a result of working on the issue. But that was unconfirmed. Completely unrelated. I mean, I’m not one to talk… but, well, his family has a “history” you know. He lived with his mother at this motel on the interstate. And well I don’t want to bore you with the details, but there was talk about how his mother had passed under mysterious circumstances and you know, he was finding it difficult to accept her passing. Spending his days listlessly working his motel desk, cleaning the showers… it is true that ‘we all go a little mad sometimes,’ his words not mine of course, but I’m not sure he’s put the past behind him. And well, I think it’s affecting his work. Maybe I’ll head over to his place, and talk to him about it. Should be fine… it’s not prying you know, I’m just concerned.

Choosing to "Join Vacation" will no longer use a llama icon in the action queue.

The llama does have a name, it's Dolly.

You will no longer receive the Unbearable buff if you run into the bear when the bear is not in character.

Sims will no longer become stuck with the dirty clothes look if they were grungy while on vacation and took a shower/bath to clean up.

They will however maintain the look if they are LARPing 90s Northwest bands.

Using the Fireweed Spray on a bed will now have visual fx when using it.

The forest ranger now has an icon of their very own when asked about their career.

Did they really ad a Norman Bates-type NPC, or are they just being funny? I used to have a Norman Bates plus hotel back in Sims 1. Guess I'll find out .....

Comments

• Options
    AstroAstro Posts: 6,651 Member
    XD

I saw that too, and I was like- what??? :joy:
  • Options
    HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    I don't have time right now... driving me crazy. In a couple hours I can go look. Why would that be in the notes?
    egTcBMc.png
  • Options
    MegglesMeggles Posts: 4,109 Member
    I thought it was just a funny story for the notes but I like that it's related to something! :smile:
    Gifs are broken but click here for my blog with all my stories :)
    House: Hufflepuff | Wand: Ebony wood w/a unicorn hair core, 9 ¾"
    Origin ID: meggles87 | twitter | simblr
  • Options
    MsPhyMsPhy Posts: 5,055 Member
    It seemed like an awful lot of text just for a joke, but ... well, those wacky Gurus, you just never know what they're going to do next ;-)
  • Options
    fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    I took it that it drove the person that was working on the bug crazy. So they made fun of it.
  • Options
    ByondTime89ByondTime89 Posts: 1,505 Member
    I found it amusing too XD I really hope there's a random Norman Bates haha
    Gallery & Origin ID: ByondTime89
  • Options
    MsPhyMsPhy Posts: 5,055 Member
    fullspiral wrote: »
    I took it that it drove the person that was working on the bug crazy. So they made fun of it.

That makes sense. No Norman, *sniffle*
  • Options
    PamhamletPamhamlet Posts: 5,556 Member
    The llama's name is...Dolly. As in Dalai Lama? Love it! Full of wisdom and happiness. :)
  • Options
    HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    Nope still haven't found anything kind of bummed... please tell me if anyone finds anything.
    egTcBMc.png
  • Options
    sparkler_rosesparkler_rose Posts: 466 Member
    Pamhamlet wrote: »
    The llama's name is...Dolly. As in Dalai Lama? Love it! Full of wisdom and happiness. :)

Haha took me a while to get that. :D just kept repeating "Dolly the llama? The llama named dolly? Why does that seem familiar?" Man I need sleep.
  • Options
    EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,937 Member
    Yes. Who writes those patch notes have got very good sense of humor. Yes, they are so funny. :D