Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Is it just me...blended family question.

qtnikkiqtnikki Posts: 156 Member
Okay I'm not sure if it's just me but when I make one sim with a fair complexion and one with a dark complexion their children always seem to come out as either one or other (which can happen in real life as it does in my family) but I never see a "mix" of skin tones. Am I missing something?

For instance this couple had three children
i62[.]tinypic[.]com/rk4umg[.]png

Two have the same skin tone as the father and one has the same skin tone as the mother.

i61[.]tinypic[.]com/f4n0as[.]png

Are there children born in the game that have skin tones inbetween the two parents? Just curious. If not I can just enter a cheat to make it seem that way lol

Thanks

Also it's obvious that I can't post links or pictures (despite being on the forum since 2009) I guess I'm going to have to add gibberish to the forum more often :smiley:
Banner_zpshgf2chau.jpg
Amateur Sim Stories
Read more at Cosmic Sims

Comments

• Options
    VenusABatsonVenusABatson Posts: 929 Member
    No, and I wish they would bring that to The Sims 4. :)
    ORIGIN ID: VenusARussell
  • Options
    Awww....shame. I know you can do it in the Sims 4 CAS and in the Sims 3 children were born with a "mixed" tone. Oh well maybe in an update. Thank you for the confirmation.
    Banner_zpshgf2chau.jpg
    Amateur Sim Stories
    Read more at Cosmic Sims
  • Options
    TellexTellex Posts: 583 Member
    I had Mortimer Goth re-marry my dark skinned sim (almost the darkest skin tone) they have 6 children who ended up with a big varity of skintones. A couple as pale as Mortimer and one almost as dark as his mother, some are just tanned or in the middle of the two parental skin tones. I think it's just a chance based thing.
    35i5blu.png
    My Simblr
    Current family tree

Origin ID: tellekinz
  • Options
    Thank you Tellex I guess I'm going to need ot woohoo more often.
    Banner_zpshgf2chau.jpg
    Amateur Sim Stories
    Read more at Cosmic Sims
  • Options
    simmey1simmey1 Posts: 580 Member
    Yes I have noticed this. I wish sometimes would be a mix of both.
  • Options
    ZxujZxuj Posts: 233 Member
    Mine usually fall in the middle but recently I`ve noticed that the babies in my game are coming out one of the parents skin tone and change when aged up to one of the medium.

For Custom Content Free sims and lots look for me: Zxuj in the gallery
  • Options
    MendotaMendota Posts: 794 Member
    If you enter the cas.fulleditmode cheat. You can then change the skin tone to whatever you want.