Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Anyone know of some good TS2 challenges?

thankucatgodthankucatgod Posts: 398 Member
I'm looking to start a new tumblr, and I need a good challenge that I can story-tell with. I've played the Asylum challenge multiple times so probably not that. I tried to look on MTS but I think I have an inability to look through lists. :D

I'm more interested in raising families and survival. City-building really isn't my thing. Thanks in advance. :)

Comments

• Options
    MsPhyMsPhy Posts: 5,055 Member
    My favorite for TS2 was Prosperity Challenge. I also liked Apocalypse Challenge and Legacy Challenge, but Prosperity was the one I did over and over and over.
  • Options
    Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    Hi :)

There's the Trailer Park Challenge ( Rules ) and the Officially Wacky Boolprop Challenge ( Rules )

There's the ISBI challenge
    You can do a Who's Your Daddy for TS2.
    There's the Nickel and Dimed Challenge - http://modthesims.info/t/450850
  • Options
    Thank you @Rflong7 and @MsPhy :)
    I think I'll try out the ISBI Challenge and the Prosperity Challenge. They both sound like a lot of fun!
  • Options
    xBob18xBob18 Posts: 7,893 Member
    I tried the asylum challenge but all the patients other than the one I was controlling died of starvation.
    oh3cjs.jpg
  • Options
    xBob18 wrote: »
    I tried the asylum challenge but all the patients other than the one I was controlling died of starvation.

The first time I played, I purposely killed one of them. :p None of them would die and I needed to spice it up, lol.
  • Options
    tisvana18tisvana18 Posts: 33 Member
    Create-A-City is always a fun one and there's like fifty billion different playing types you can choose. I always do that one because it gives the most similar feel to an open world scenario since everyone ages at technically the same rate (unless you lose your spot.)
  • Options
    Cabelle1863Cabelle1863 Posts: 2,251 Member
    My personal favorite is the Royal Kingdom Challenge. Enblith the Fair created it way back when, but it's been reposted at MTS-

http://modthesims.info/t/334996

I think it's great for storytelling because of all the twists, turns & drama involved in history.
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited July 2015
    I'm looking to start a new tumblr, and I need a good challenge that I can story-tell with. I've played the Asylum challenge multiple times so probably not that. I tried to look on MTS but I think I have an inability to look through lists. :D

I'm more interested in raising families and survival. City-building really isn't my thing. Thanks in advance. :)

I liked putting a couple and three toddlers on a vacant lot and building them a house on a six by six space. But they can't get regular jobs, >:) and may freeze before spring. lol I decreased their money down to $100, and the only jobs they could get were working behind a bar, or DJ booth on community lot, etc. They couldn't paint or sell anything on home lot. If you bought something you couldn't sell it or trade it for something they needed, later.

Once purchased you had to keep it even the baby beds. Also, I couldn't placed things off those six by six tiles. The house had to be built around it before the Sims became teenagers. Which would wind up a one room shack for the babies to get out of the weather. And she had to have six kids by the time the teens were ready to go to work themselves. (Two days before becoming an Adult) they could get a part time job, to add to the family funds. But for how many days is that before you sent them off to college? one..lol

If you play it, you can't cheat, sell or delete any objects you put on that six by six tile floor, and can't put stuff in inventory.

Good luck. >:)

ETA: If they got anything for 'free' such as digging up stuff you could sell that for money but if someone gave them a big TV etc. you couldn't keep it, but had to gift it to some other townie. It encourages you to take the whole family to public showers, and for food etc. Lots of a challenge in this one and my own idea I have played many times. Sometimes, I failed my own rules. lol

ETA: Most important, they don't have a house but only six tiles....you have to earn the money to build a room to keep them out of the cold.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    @Cinebar That sounds like a fun challenge! I'll probably try it out once I get settled into my prosperity challenge. :)
    Quick questions though, do you build walls around the 6x6 tilles or is it just an open space? How do you feed the toddlers without a fridge? Do I have to quickly make money to buy one, or can I buy one right away?