Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Building/Showcase (Picture Heavy)

kremesch73kremesch73 Posts: 10,474 Member
edited June 2015 in The Sims 4 Lots
I have to admit there are a lot of things I really don't like about play mode, but when it comes to building, this is the first Sims game that has allowed me to get remotely close to re-creating an old home I used to house-sit. I've been trying for years, and I have to say I'm finally somewhat happy with it, thanks to some items from GTW and the Patio Stuff pack.

I've already started a thread about the caveat involving garages and multi-platforms, which would have made this build almost perfect. This build has also taught me that apartments could definitely come in handy since this home could practically fit the bill.

There are still many other things that need improving, but for now, building is where I'm getting the most satisfaction out of this game.

Anyway, you'll notice the Patio furniture scattered throughout, including the new counters in the first-floor kitchen, which I'm loving, by the way. The real home also has no pool or hot tub. It has a sheltered seated area instead. I threw those in to fill that space because of the blasted global platform. Regardless, I think it worked well.

EDIT: I also forgot to add that this is the first Sims game that hasn't made me feel like I need CC.

Front:
Summerfield_1.jpg

Back:
Summerfield_2.jpg

Summerfield_3.jpg

Summerfield_4.jpg

Entrance (first floor):
Summerfield_5.jpg

Rest of first floor (working counter-clockwise):
Summerfield_6.jpg

Summerfield_7.jpg

Summerfield_8.jpg

Summerfield_10.jpg

Summerfield_11.jpg

Summerfield_12.jpg

Summerfield_13.jpg

Summerfield_14.jpg

Top of second floor stairs (finished Attic):
Summerfield_15.jpg

Rest of second floor:
Summerfield_16.jpg

Summerfield_17.jpg

Basement from outside entrance (there are two: one from inside and one from outside):
Summerfield_18.jpg

Summerfield_19.jpg

Summerfield_20.jpg

Summerfield_21.jpg

Summerfield_22.jpg

Summerfield_23.jpg

Summerfield_24.jpg

Summerfield_25.jpg
Dissatisfied with Sims 4 and hoping for a better Sims 5

Comments

• Options
    LittleMinxUndrLittleMinxUndr Posts: 4,196 Member
    Awesome work, Kremesh. It looks like Flabaliki (Sims Supply) gave you pointers and advice!
  • Options
    Awesome work, Kremesh. It looks like Flabaliki (Sims Supply) gave you pointers and advice!

I have no idea what that is. *blushes*
  • Options
    LittleMinxUndrLittleMinxUndr Posts: 4,196 Member
    kremesch73 wrote: »

I have no idea what that is. *blushes*

James Turner (Flabaliki) Sims Supply

=)

• Options
    BlkBarbiegalBlkBarbiegal Posts: 7,924 Member
    Very nice :)
    Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,596 Member
    Your home is very nice! :) Very nice exterior of the home! The sun decor is a nice touch on the front roofing. The flowers look pretty on the front edges of the home for sims to enjoy seeing when coming to enter the home. The planter box window looks nice. Very nice backyard! The pool area is very nice! The flowers look very nice how you have placed them in the pool corner nook and around the base of the tree! Sims will enjoy relaxing in the hot tub. Very nice outdoors living and dining back patio! Sims will enjoy sitting at the umbrella covered table eating meals that they have cooked on the BBQ or enjoy resting on the armchairs, having a chat and enjoying being outdoors in the sunshine. The drinks bucket and candle are nice touches on the table. It looks nice how you have used the hedging and hedge arches there. The flowers bed looks nice against the wall. Very nice furnishing of the interior of the home! The wooden flooring in the rooms looks nice. The clothes shelf and shoes rack in the master bedroom and the toiletries on the dresser are nice home touches. The sunflowers picture on the bedhead wall is nice for sims to see when waking in the mornings. Very nice shelving and cabinets alcove in the bathroom! Very nice study! It looks very nice how you have placed the cabinets to create an alcove area! The picture looks nice on the wall of the alcove. The window study desk area is very nice! Sims will enjoy the sunshine coming in onto them whilst sitting there using the computer or reading a book. The curtains there look nice. Very nice sunny sunroom! Sims will enjoy sitting on the armchair there looking out at the nice patio views. Very nice design of the kitchen! It looks very nice how you have placed the kitchen cabinets. The fruit bowl and bottles are nice kitchen touches on the counters. Very windows dining room area! The flowers on the table are pretty for sims to see when eating their meal. The new wall decor looks nice on the wall. Sims will enjoy the sunlight coming in through the windows whilst dining there. Nice armchairs fireplace sitting room for sims to enjoy sitting resting there having a chat and warming up near the fire. The flowers on the table in the nook area in the other double bedroom look very nice, and the wall pictures add nice looks in the room. It is great that you have a basement level in the home. The heart teddy looks cute on the dresser in the kids bedroom! The family room looks so very nice! Very nice TV alcove! It looks very nice how you have placed the bookcases either sides of the alcove! The patterned floor rug looks nice. Sims will enjoy sitting on the seating there watching TV together or reading a book. It is nice that you have another kitchen in the basement. The layout of the kitchen is very nice! The clothes and shoes closet in the basement double bedroom looks very nice!
    It is a very nice home! :)
  • Options
    Thanks @rosemow The lady I house-sat for loved four things in life: Deco, gardens, wine, and pets. I couldn't add the litter box, pet beds, or the pet bowls though. That will have to come at a later date. :)
  • Options
    Simberella777Simberella777 Posts: 480 Member
    @kremesch73: This is absolutely brilliant! I love it! Did you put this on the Gallery? One thing I noticed, because I have a tendency to do this sometimes: In the third pic that shows the back patio with focus on the patio armchairs, off to the right is a short stone wall that has stairs behind it leading down to the basement, right? I do it mainly when I don’t have room inside, but mine has never looked that good! Yours blends in and looks so natural there. Wonderful job! Thank you so much for showing this!
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    @Simberella777 Yes it is. It's called Summerfield and my Origin ID is in my sig.

There are two entrances to the basement. One is on the outside (the one you spotted), and the other is from the inside. I have no idea why it was designed that way other than to say it is an old house and they're always unique.
  • Options
    masajomasajo Posts: 6,011 Member
    Summerfield is a gorgeous house, I really love the rear garden with the decking, pool and hot tub, great work :)
    uzE2H1V.jpg
  • Options
    S3qu3nceS3qu3nce Posts: 28 Member
    That is a beautiful house :) I hope to see more of your work @kremesch73