Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

UPDATED 6/26 #BuildNewcrest Legacy Challenge!

Comments

• Options
    kremesch73kremesch73 Posts: 10,474 Member
    Pinstar’s random trait generator

What is this? Is it a mod or an external program? Either way, I won't use it. Can I just pull traits from a bowl if I write them on little pieces of paper?
    Dissatisfied with Sims 4 and hoping for a better Sims 5
  • Options
    ShadyLady_DQShadyLady_DQ Posts: 476 Member
    kremesch73 wrote: »

What is this? Is it a mod or an external program? Either way, I won't use it. Can I just pull traits from a bowl if I write them on little pieces of paper?

Not a mod or external program, sorry I forgot to add the link (fixed now), its a website for traditional legacies and its how almost all people choose their legacy sims traits and aspirations. However your method works fine as well as long as it is random, the generator is just easier for most people.
  • Options
    kremesch73kremesch73 Posts: 10,474 Member

Not a mod or external program, sorry I forgot to add the link (fixed now), its a website for traditional legacies and its how almost all people choose their legacy sims traits and aspirations. However your method works fine as well as long as it is random, the generator is just easier for most people.

Bookmarked. In that case, I'll use it. I'm just tired of mods messing up my saves and I've been playing on my Mac lately, which means most external programs won't run for me. I probably won't start this for a bit, but it certainly sounds like it might be fun.
    Dissatisfied with Sims 4 and hoping for a better Sims 5
  • Options

Bookmarked. In that case, I'll use it. I'm just tired of mods messing up my saves and I've been playing on my Mac lately, which means most external programs won't run for me. I probably won't start this for a bit, but it certainly sounds like it might be fun.

No worries, I am a completely CC and mod free player too, I had a bad experience that ruined a computer back when Sims 2 came out and I haven't used it since. I actually have a blog that is about vanilla simming and follows some of the challenges and stories I do with my sims. Good luck with the challenge when you get started!
  • Options
    BrandiBugBrandiBug Posts: 1,313 Member
    I'm not too sure how to place a premade park without deleting my plants. :|
    giphy.gif
  • Options
    BrandiBug wrote: »
    Building and Tips
    For every generation you will move to a new lot. Plan ahead for the 7 community lots that you will need to build as well as think about what neighborhoods are going to go where. In all almost all of the generations you will need to include your career rewards in your community venue. For example the 1st generation must place their perfect plants in the Park. For all venues the process will remain the same. Once you have completed the generation requirements and you can move on to the next generation, sell or store (whatever you want) all your furniture and other items. Leave the career or other required items (paintings/plants) on the lot when you move out, then you can change the lot type and build to your heart's delight. If you would rather download a lot from the gallery that is perfectly ok too, but then you will need to save only the plants and paintings as a room to your gallery before placing the galley lot. Then you can re-download the room (which whill have been deleted) and place your required items. Career rewards should be available in build mode with that save so no need to do that with them.

Plants can be placed in a room that you save to the gallery (select room and then click the save to gallery button) that can then be placed after you have placed your lot from the gallery or, this is more complicated, you can place them in your family inventory, move out and then place the lot, change to residential, move back using free "realestate on" to make the lot free if need and then place the plants back from you family inventory. Then you can move out again, change it to Park and then adjust your funds back to the original amount using the "money[imput number]"cheat if doing that gained you any money. Just save a room, it's easier.

I hope this all makes sense this is one of the more difficult parts of the challenge! :p
  • Options
    BrandiBugBrandiBug Posts: 1,313 Member
    BrandiBug wrote: »
    Building and Tips
    For every generation you will move to a new lot. Plan ahead for the 7 community lots that you will need to build as well as think about what neighborhoods are going to go where. In all almost all of the generations you will need to include your career rewards in your community venue. For example the 1st generation must place their perfect plants in the Park. For all venues the process will remain the same. Once you have completed the generation requirements and you can move on to the next generation, sell or store (whatever you want) all your furniture and other items. Leave the career or other required items (paintings/plants) on the lot when you move out, then you can change the lot type and build to your heart's delight. If you would rather download a lot from the gallery that is perfectly ok too, but then you will need to save only the plants and paintings as a room to your gallery before placing the galley lot. Then you can re-download the room (which whill have been deleted) and place your required items. Career rewards should be available in build mode with that save so no need to do that with them.

Plants can be placed in a room that you save to the gallery (select room and then click the save to gallery button) that can then be placed after you have placed your lot from the gallery or, this is more complicated, you can place them in your family inventory, move out and then place the lot, change to residential, move back using free "realestate on" to make the lot free if need and then place the plants back from you family inventory. Then you can move out again, change it to Park and then adjust your funds back to the original amount using the "money[imput number]"cheat if doing that gained you any money. Just save a room, it's easier.

I hope this all makes sense this is one of the more difficult parts of the challenge! :p

Thanks, it helped! :)
    giphy.gif
  • Options
    I have updated the rules a bit with some of the questions people have asked me here on the forums, all updates are in bold.

Come watch my Let's Play series on #BuildNewcest Legacy Challenge and subscribe to my channel!
  • Options
    DoritoEvieDoritoEvie Posts: 1,887 Member
    I really really want to try this, so I've created my first sim, Annika Van der Nouth

wnpeu.png

It's a little too late in the evening to get started but I've put her on the first lot and I'll get playing on Sunday (I'm not home tomorrow).
    tumblr_nbwr2zn6951qhv4h7o8_250.giftumblr_mg2bcqeUgc1rthmb0o1_500.gif

• Options
    EmmaLeen wrote: »
    I really really want to try this, so I've created my first sim, Annika Van der Nouth

wnpeu.png

It's a little too late in the evening to get started but I've put her on the first lot and I'll get playing on Sunday (I'm not home tomorrow).

She looks great! Good luck with the challenge!
  • Options
    ThePlumbobThePlumbob Posts: 4,971 Member
    I managed to get to the top of my founder's aspiration and built the park, woop!

8av9DT.png

On the other hand, generation 2 hasn't even been born yet and I've already had a death, oops.
  • Options
    ThePlumbob wrote: »
    I managed to get to the top of my founder's aspiration and built the park, woop!

8av9DT.png

On the other hand, generation 2 hasn't even been born yet and I've already had a death, oops.

Awesome Job! that looks amazing, sorry about the death!
  • Options
    Thank you, I look forward to seeing your park! :)
  • Options
    HoneySims22HoneySims22 Posts: 1 New Member
    If anyone else wants to follow my founders story you can check out my blog at honeysims.wordpress.com. Just finished first part of challenge. Next BABIES And the future Heir yay!
  • Options
    @HoneySims22 Ah cool, I'd love to see how we went about things differently!

• Options
    gc6164gc6164 Posts: 516 Member
    This sounds really cool. I'm going to start now :)
    rqjiqrf78ux6.gif

• Options
    Thursday10pmThursday10pm Posts: 193 Member
    I'm surprising myself and having quite a bit of fun with this :) I'm on generation 3 and ready to build the library, my local library is currently being redone atm so I'm planning on modeling it on that.
    Unfortunately I think my graphics card is on the way out but hopefully I get a little further before it goes lol. On the plus side when I manage to get a new card maybe I'll be able to put the settings up a little and take some decent screenshots
  • Options
    I'm surprising myself and having quite a bit of fun with this :) I'm on generation 3 and ready to build the library, my local library is currently being redone atm so I'm planning on modeling it on that.
    Unfortunately I think my graphics card is on the way out but hopefully I get a little further before it goes lol. On the plus side when I manage to get a new card maybe I'll be able to put the settings up a little and take some decent screenshots

Too bad about your graphics card, but I love the idea of modeling your library after the one in your town!
  • Options
    Bird166Bird166 Posts: 443 Member
    Ok I have a question, generation 1 lives on the lot where the park will be built, but when do they move? I get that after the 8 perfect plants are grown I can build the park. So should generation 2 be born and grow up to a young adult before we move? Therefore don't build the park until then?
  • Options
    Bird166 wrote: »
    Ok I have a question, generation 1 lives on the lot where the park will be built, but when do they move? I get that after the 8 perfect plants are grown I can build the park. So should generation 2 be born and grow up to a young adult before we move? Therefore don't build the park until then?

You can move before the second gen are adults, just pick the next location for the family and move them there once gen 1 has finished their goals.
  • Options
    Bird166Bird166 Posts: 443 Member
    Ahhh OK thanks!! By the way I am loving this challenge so far! Great idea!
  • Options
    Bird166 wrote: »
    Ahhh OK thanks!! By the way I am loving this challenge so far! Great idea!

Thanks so much!
  • Options
    PallystylePallystyle Posts: 2,415 Member
    I have been trying this too. I am almost to 2nd gen. Just have to find a cowplant. It has been fun. I am looking forward to the next gen so I can build! lol, I got the build bug. Trying to wait for the patch though.
    My Sims 4 Creations= Click Here ;) Find me on origin at Pallystyle
    My Murkland Challenge Adventures: Click Here

• Options
    suzanna13suzanna13 Posts: 1,426 Member
    @ShadyLady_DQ I love the idea of this challenge. It sounds really different from others and after watching your lets plays I am inspired to give it a try. Your lets plays are two of the best l have watched, so I hope to see more.

@EmmaLeen I think your sim is gorgeous. Is she on the gallery?
  • Options
    DoritoEvieDoritoEvie Posts: 1,887 Member
    edited July 2015
    suzanna13 wrote: »
    @ShadyLady_DQ I love the idea of this challenge. It sounds really different from others and after watching your lets plays I am inspired to give it a try. Your lets plays are two of the best l have watched, so I hope to see more.

@EmmaLeen I think your sim is gorgeous. Is she on the gallery?

Yeah, she's up :smile: s
    Origin ID should be the same as this one :smile:
    tumblr_nbwr2zn6951qhv4h7o8_250.giftumblr_mg2bcqeUgc1rthmb0o1_500.gif