Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Editing & Modeling Tutorials ~

Comments

• Options
    PeaceSign101PeaceSign101 Posts: 1,413 Member
    THE TERROR! It's coming soon :0 A.k.a my assignment. D:
    dmlX3n8.jpg

• Options
    Here is my assignment. I am so ashamed of it. It looks so awful. While everybody here is making these gorgeous assignments, that are true works of art I turn in this... It's to the point where I feel like I don't think it needs to be critiqued, I could name everything that is wrong with it. Anyways thank you very much @MizoreYukii for giving me that long extension and your help :)<3

nowaJup.jpg
    dmlX3n8.jpg

• Options
    MizoreYukiiMizoreYukii Posts: 6,566 Member
    @PeaceSign101 Awwww, don't say that. D: *Hugs* You're welcome though. Did the second sim not work out?
    Also, what two items did you cut out? Your sim and..?

Two more hours @BobSkellington. If you can't make it tonight just turn in for a few penalty points later. :sweat_smile:

I will be aiming to get everything up as soon as possible. Still waiting on a few tutorials from the others and working on my own at the moment while juggling homework and my own assignments. Thank you for being patient everyone. :3 If you're looking to get some extra practice in we have two open competitions going in Sims 3 at the moment, and one is doing a pirate challenge and the other one is doing a circus challenge.
    Circus Challenge and Pirate Challenge
    Please don't be afraid to enter. It's not about winning or losing (even if we do want to win very badly), but instead about learning and exploring our limits. ^_^
  • Options
    GemmabubblesGemmabubbles Posts: 1,737 Member
    Mizz I'm so sorry! I got the flu have been in bed for the past week D:
    Sims 4 Vampire CC showcase!
    nO4zXfe.png?3
  • Options
    @Gemmabubbles It's alright! I'm sorry you've got the flu. D: Get some rest and just submit when you can, okay?
  • Options
    MinstrelMinstrel Posts: 126 Member
    edited September 2015
    @MizoreYukii Thank you, nice to be back, feels like I've been gone wayyy longer than 3 days.

I know this is a bit of an out of the blue request, but does anyone know where I can find a CC female leather jacket for TS4?
    Something like this maybe: (I apologise for the size of the first image!)
    2012-autumn-motorcycle-leather-jacket-pu-womens-leather-motorcycle-jackets-back.jpg
    Or this...
    41QAqotDuHL._SX342_.jpg

I haven't been able to find one for TS4 so I thought I'd ask you guys incase you'd come across one. I have found one or two, but they are either reallly bad quality or the texture is all weird and bright (I want it to be dark black... if that makes sense) and overly shiny. I just want a simple black leather (biker) jacket. I doubt anyone can help, but I thought it was worth a shot. Thanks :wink:

EDIT: And another thing, I've found some jacket but they have stupid tshirts which fall below the top of my sims jeans which looks odd.

• Options
    BobSkellingtonBobSkellington Posts: 9,206 Member
    Minstrel blows me away, I wish I had her discipline and stuff. You're becoming too good and I am so utterly jealous of far you've come, already.
    Beauty obtains attention, but personality is what captures the heart. ♥
    sox3c8.jpg
  • Options
    Here is my assignment. I am so ashamed of it. It looks so awful. While everybody here is making these gorgeous assignments, that are true works of art I turn in this... It's to the point where I feel like I don't think it needs to be critiqued, I could name everything that is wrong with it. Anyways thank you very much @MizoreYukii for giving me that long extension and your help :)<3

nowaJup.jpg
    This is beautiful <3
    sox3c8.jpg
  • Options
    BECPreviousAssignments.png~original

Assignment 2: Masquerade

Hello my beautiful beginners! This week we are doing a masquerade assignment due to the fact that we are learning how to cut out objects and sims. That means you should be cutting out at least two things for your image: your sim and a mask (or something else if you use a CC mask). This assignment is an open one though, meaning you can do a normal fashion masquerade, or you can go all out and interpret it as a fantasy/scifi shot. Whatever you want! But remember (this is a basic tip in general), the more creative you are (and how well you pull it off), the better your scoring is!

Your mask can be a full one, half one, on a stick, on the floor next to her, etc. Do whatever you want, you just have to have a mask! No need to worry about fashion or editorial for this week either, so enjoy your creative freedom!

Requirements:
    One image
    Full or partial body shot (remember where you cut off! If you’re still confused ask)
    Two things should be cut out and listed to ensure your practice: sim and something else (most likely mask)
    Extras are allowed
    Be creative
    *I expect to see high quality backgrounds and masks since we cover them this week.*
    *Remember what I said about poses.*
    *We cover errors and adding in objects as well. Please clean them up nicely and pay attention to everything. Do not rush this assignment*

Example:
    tumblr_loyemozdt81qc15foo1_500.jpg
    Fantasy-Masquerade.jpg
    mask4.jpg
    BCModelAssignments.png~original
    I shall get to work on this, later. Love it! Hope I can come up with something amazing.
    sox3c8.jpg
  • Options
    @Minstrel Ummmm...I did look up jackets earlier and found a guy version of the bottom one I think. I don't think there's a female version though. D: Let me seeee....Well, there is this jacket. It's apparently a jacket from the game? But this is a retexture: http://julietoon.tumblr.com/post/103061316700/ladies-biker-jacket-retextured
    Unfortunately I don't see many jackets in general, especially leather, so I don't think you'll find much. D: You can try recoloring/retexturing your own. Or Leslie and I can do it for you if you're still looking. Don't know when we'll have time though. @_@

@BobSkellington Can't wait to see what you do. ^-^
  • Options
    Oh! Forgot to ask.
    Are there any errors someone has, in one of their photos, that they are wondering on how to fix? I'm doing a large tutorial on the basic errors you'll see and how to correct them (fingers going into body, etc.) Just wondering if anyone has an error that they want to learn how to fix. If I'm already covering it I'll say so. You can PM me or post it here, whatever you prefer.
    Of course if no one has anything, that's fine too. Just wanted to check. xD
  • Options
    edited September 2015
    @MizoreYukii Well it's kind of true.. I've had to go to sleep earlier than normal because we've been crate training our puppy and he's loud at night so I had to finish this up and I realized I had done something wrong with the first model, so I had to use a second model and something went wrong when I was scaling her, but I really didn't have enough time to fix it and make her look okay And believe it or not, there's a small mask on her face :grimace: Oh and I didn't have enough time for the second model :( I hope that if I have time, I can do this assignment again, but better because I was really excited to so it, but vacation got in the way and stuff. So yeah :)

@BobSkellington Thank you :)
    dmlX3n8.jpg

• Options
    MinstrelMinstrel Posts: 126 Member
    Minstrel blows me away, I wish I had her discipline and stuff. You're becoming too good and I am so utterly jealous of far you've come, already.
    Honestly this is so sweet. <3 Editing photos is something I'm really interested in, and for that reason I think I pick things up quite quickly and enjoy learning new techniques. I'm still a beginner though! I really enjoyed A2 and I tried super hard to make a picture I was happy with.

nowaJup.jpg

I don't know what you're talking about!! This is really pretty! Even if you don't think it's your best work don't be ashamed. Just look at my A1... looking at it now I don't think it's very good at all but it shows how far I've come. I love your model's dress and the colour scheme :blush:

@MizoreYukii I think I saw that jacket yesterday while browsing. I'll load it up in game and give it a try, but I'm so picky with textures, colour, etc. that I don't think I'll like it. I don't like clothes to look really cartoony and simple, I also hate these clothes that have really real textures because it looks out of place. Thank you anyway!
  • Options
    edited September 2015
    @Minstrel Thanks :)<3
    dmlX3n8.jpg

• Options
    ayedenayeden Posts: 73 Member
    @LeslieM25, @Minstrel Thanks!
    @PeaceSign101 I really like your picture
  • Options
    edited September 2015
    @ayeden Thank you! :)
    Post edited by PeaceSign101 on
    dmlX3n8.jpg

• Options
    @PeaceSign101 Puppies are so much work. xD I remember crate training my dog (this happened while introducing her to it at first), but she refused to sleep in there because she thought my lap was much more comfortable. Now she's so big she crushes us when she sits on our laps. o_o :sweat_smile: Hope you are happy with your new puppy though!
    I hope you can put all of the focus you wanted into the next assignment. I was really looking forward to it, especially after all the effort you went through with the background. xD Looking forward to see what you will do. ^-^
    So just to clarify this, the mask is also cut out and pasted on to your sim, yes?
    And for the scaling, did you lock the sizes together so she wouldn't become disproportionate? :O

@Minstrel Ah, I'm sorry. D: Not quite sure what else do to then! I wish you the best of luck, because shopping for a specific item is so hard. xD

Hint for next assignment and challenge: You'll be choosing stuff (not from a list but I'll provide examples)! If you want first pick be here on the day the assignment and challenge launch. I'll announce the day before when they'll be released. It's not super important, but for those who worry about being creative, etc., or want a certain choice, this is your chance to get what you want. :3
    And for those curious, I'm doing this because I don't want the same thing to pop up multiple times. I want variety. :P

Second hint (for assignment): This is part of our everyday lives.
    Third hint (for challenge): You live in it. Or is it on? Lol....xD

@BobSkellington @ayeden @Gemmabubbles @PurpleKenzie19 @Amazingamphy @BabyCarrotz
  • Options
    @MizoreYukii Haha XD And thanks <3

I hope I can do my next assignment too :) Honsestly, I'm worried that I will have o drop out of the competition.. If I barely have time to do my assignment now, so I can't imagine what it will be like when school starts. It sounds foolish, but when I first saw the competition, I thought it would e done within a week or two from now which is why I didn't hesitate to join in and I reallllly don't want quit even if we're just halfway though.
    Yep, cut out paste and yes, I did lock the proportions :)

dmlX3n8.jpg

• Options
    @PeaceSign101 It's all about time management. If I can manage it with college and 5+ comps (with a week and less to do assignments!) I think you'll do just fine. xD
    You've got two weeks for each assignment as well, and I don't plan on lowering it since everyone has school and work to worry about. As long as we don't have to keep extending it a week again each assignment we should be done with this comp soon. :O I thought it would be over quickly too though. xD

Hmmm...Not sure what happened then. o-o
  • Options
    AmazingamphyAmazingamphy Posts: 1,733 Member
    @MizoreYukii Countries? Planets?
    HmypxT0.png
    Gone from this place and never coming back. P5 is good
  • Options
    CazzTregurthaCazzTregurtha Posts: 232 Member
    Hi guys :) so I know I'm super late with this but I've been lurking and decided I wanted to try it out for myself to learn a little more, and wow do these tutorials help! So I just wanted to share mine with you :D

Photoshop1.jpg
  • Options
    @Amazingamphy You'll see! This week is honestly probably the easiest one of them all, in terms of assignments. xD Now pulling off the error fixing and such, not quite sure how that's going to turn out.

@CazzTregurtha Hey! Nice job! Glad you could stop by and that the tutorials helped you. ^-^ Will you be joining us for Week 3 when it opens?
  • Options
    CazzTregurthaCazzTregurtha Posts: 232 Member
    @MizoreYukii the tutorials are AMAZING! So thank you :) yes I will be please, will do the other two as well for fun!
  • Options
    EliavahEliavah Posts: 2,270 Member
    Great pictures you guys! I am home for labor day weeknd at the moment, so have wayy more free time c:!
    @CazzTregurtha ; So glad to see you getting into this! You did really well with that, and I look forward to seeing you trying out all our tutorials<3

Going to finish up my faery fae edit, and get that tutorial to you Mizzie c:
  • Options
    edited September 2015
    @CazzTregurtha Great! Can't wait to see them! :3 Do you want us to score the past assignments so you know what to improve on, etc.?

@Eliavah Got it xD So quick!