Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How do I edit a community lot

ferret9005ferret9005 Posts: 1,361 Member
One of the picnic areas in New Crest is missing a trash can, therefore letting all the sims that grill there leave their dirty dishes. How can I edit the neighborhood and insret a trash can?

Comments

• Options
    HestiaHestia Posts: 1,997 Member
    You can press F2 and add the bin. :)
    wB2Zykl.jpg
  • Options
    litabelaqualitabelaqua Posts: 4,322 Member
    edited June 2015
    are you sure they leave dirty plates? my sim never leaves a plate behind, they pick them up and the plate disappears.

Maybe when you reload the lot the plates have disappeared anyway
  • Options
    loubyloulouloubyloulou Posts: 4,467 Member
    Yes, I've noticed that there are a lot of dirty dishes and piles of rubbish everywhere too... And loads of the townies in Newcrest seem to be desperate to use the bathroom too... so not enough bins and not enough public loos! :)
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    Not a big deal in Sims 4 - they can be teleported home almost instantly and pigeon toe walk to their own toilet in an eye blink.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    thanks for the info... off to install trash cans.
  • Options
    F2 by its self does not work, it just takes me back to my home lot. What am I missing? Also items keep disappearing from my home and I find them in my hosehold inventory.
  • Options
    litabelaqualitabelaqua Posts: 4,322 Member
    Ive sent my sim to Newcrest and I cannot find anywhere that hasn't got a bin, I wonder if your game is glitched, especially as you keep losing stuff as well
  • Options
    emmaningemmaning Posts: 3,407 Member
    For the hidden little areas (as in areas not assigned to lots) you can't build on them no matter wht.
    feKqkxf.jpg

My blog: ning's backlog
    Don't forget the forum rules are on the forum- go find 'em!
  • Options
    Then i guess the gurus are going to have to edit them in, or give us a community clean up team. New Crest is going to be a mess.
  • Options
    InfinitexSimsInfinitexSims Posts: 239 Member
    > @litabelaqua said:
    > are you sure they leave dirty plates? my sim never leaves a plate behind, they pick them up and the plate disappears.
    >
    > Maybe when you reload the lot the plates have disappeared anyway

Your sim is putting the plates in their inventory....
    chimera-evil-gif-teen-wolf-Favim.com-3963872.gif
    Theo♥